LAFFNVEGAS LIVE to Alaska on the HAL Westerdam August 25, 2024

As I'm not paying, I think I will start with the caviar, I might share a blini or two, then I will just have the lobster dumplings, I have seen that done, along with some asparagus,  and as I know it won't keep me awake this time, I'll try the chocolate soufflé!  

Thanks, Lisa, for taking us along!  And I hope the three of you have a marvellous time.  

• Like 3

Doing a What’s for Lunch thing today 

we went to the Main Dining Room and had an excellent lunch. I had noticed in the weeks leading up to our cruise that the lunch menu in the Main Dining actually changed several times during the week.

Tom ordered the Shanghai Ribs Small Plate and the Cordon Blue Burger, I had the Oven Roasted Salmon with Hot Cole Slaw which was amazing, the salmon was moist and tasty and the Coleslaw I thought I would not touch was excellent. More like an Asian dish with Sesame Oil. We both had the Strawberry Creme pie which was also great. The crust tasted like Lorna Doone Cookies (shortbread cookie) Excuse the photos after we took a few bites 😂

IMG_6353.png

IMG_6350.jpeg

IMG_6351.jpeg

IMG_6352.jpeg

IMG_6354.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3

Some of my favourites here. Orange-Jumbo shrimp cocktail to start, followed by the cracked pepper tenderloin and shrimp, ending with the flourless chocolate cake, but only because I can’t have the Grand Marnier in the crème brûlée. 

• Like 2

I would like the arugula salad, cracked pepper tenderloin and shrimp, and black forest cake.  And, of course red wine.  This is so much fun, thank you!!!!!  Cherie

• Like 1

Oooo, I haven't followed along on a Holland America live before. I'm loving your what's for dinner feature! I might start this on my own, in the future!

As for this evening, I'd be having the shrimp cocktail and French Onion Soup, tenderloin with shrimp, and black forest cake. Mmmm, yum, so much wonderful shrimp!

• Like 1

Ste. Michelle Brut with my escargot, then I might try the cauliflower steak, as it’s the meal of the day on the Fleet Report!  And finally, crème brûlée.  Very tasty, thank you.  😊 

• Like 2

Happy to see all of you placing your order 😁

Dining room was pretty packed for Early seating Gala night 

Marcia had a glass of her Moscato from her wine package. Tom and I have HIA and each had a glass of Chateau Ste Michelle Riesling 

All three of us had Caesar Salad no Anchovies for Tom 😂 Marcia had the Salmon, Tom had the Ny Steak and I had the Rotelle Pasta and Oxtail.

Dessert was Black Forest Cake for Marcia and  Tom and I had the Creme Brulee. Ending with decaf coffee and Baileys.

Now we are waiting in line he Rolling Stone Lounge for the 8:30 show to start. Got to get there early for seats.sorry for half eaten salad almost forgot to take pictures 😂

Sorry about this we really are not upside down lil

IMG_6357.jpeg

IMG_6358.jpeg

IMG_6359.jpeg

IMG_6360.jpeg

IMG_6361.jpeg

IMG_6362.jpeg

IMG_9248.jpeg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

Yummy for the tummy time😉

I'll start w/a lemon drop, French onion soup, escargot given to @leerathje, tenderloin w/shrimp on separate plate so someone here can enjoy them, abd I'll finish w/chocolate flourless cake and cappuccino. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the menus Lisa.

At Lunch i would have ordered the Salmon, then Strawberry Creme Pie  (they look delicious).

My choice for dinner,   Artichoke and Carrot Soup, Sole Fillet, Flourless Chocolate Cake.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Doing a What’s for Lunch thing today 

we went to the Main Dining Room and had an excellent lunch. I had noticed in the weeks leading up to our cruise that the lunch menu in the Main Dining actually changed several times during the week.

Tom ordered the Shanghai Ribs Small Plate and the Cordon Blue Burger, I had the Oven Roasted Salmon with Hot Cole Slaw which was amazing, the salmon was moist and tasty and the Coleslaw I thought I would not touch was excellent. More like an Asian dish with Sesame Oil. We both had the Strawberry Creme pie which was also great. The crust tasted like Lorna Doone Cookies (shortbread cookie) Excuse the photos after we took a few bites 😂

IMG_6353.png

IMG_6350.jpeg

IMG_6351.jpeg

IMG_6352.jpeg

IMG_6354.jpeg

That's good news.

• Like 1

Thanks Lisa for doing another live review.

After all the negativity I’m glad to see that your food photos look much the same as pre-pandemic.

I’ll be looking forward to the Caesar salad with anchovies and the steak when we join Westerdam a little more than a year from now Seattle to Tokyo.

• Like 1

Good Morning from Holland America Westerdam where we are heading to Juneau when we get.
It’s still morning here we are an hour behind pacific time. 
This morning I had an early 75 minute Hot Stone Massage. 
Now doing our Scenic cruising.. Will be in Juneau by 1 our time. 
The goal for today is going to Tracy’s Crab Shack.
One thing I wanted to mention our strange time for a Mariner Event. It’s going to be right at early dinner time 5:00pm. The way it was worded I wondered if it was just a quick cocktail event we could just stop by prior to dinner. Unfortunately it is an actual medal presentation they said would last about 45 minutes. We enjoy going to these but not at 5pm. I had sent a message on Navigator App , they asked me if we would be attending , I said sadly No not at that time.

IMG_6368.jpeg

IMG_6369.jpeg

IMG_6370.jpeg

IMG_6371.jpeg

IMG_6372.jpeg

image.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2