Let's Guess how many pax are now booking Premier Packages @ $90/day

Gondaue

1 minute ago, JimmyVWine said:

How do we determine a winner?

Count the number of complaints from people unable to get SD reservations nightly. 🙂

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

Over-Under better bet and have to specify length of voyage and ship. Our next 32 day cruise on the Coral is a big No, as well as the next b2b on the Emerald. Our 30 day b2b on the Enchanted with a TA might be a player.

5 minutes ago, rowingmachine said:

My guess is that it won't change much from the % it was before.  These things change much more slowly than the rather frenetic responses of CC posters might lead you to believe.

Yup, nothing is as fast as "the sky is falling" on CC

• Haha 5

Shhhhhh!   They are trying to entice the RCI passengers with that low price.  

I have the lowly $60 Plus package for my first sailing in January.  Then, I am on an RCI ship for three weeks.  Just looked at their packages.  Drinks $97; Unlimited SD $59; wifi $24; Tips $18.   So $198 pp/pd for the same thing.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

I bet the number of pax who choose the $90 Premier Package doesn't even reach double digits.

My guess is 8%. I'll be one of them. I like the freedom it gives me.

Edited by Peira
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Peira said:

My guess is 8%. I'll be one of them. I like the freedom it gives me.

That should increase your chances of getting SD reservations every night. 🙂

Normally we get the Plus package on a 2-week cruise. We don't need or want all the extras because we have a good amount of OBC that we can use for the specialty dining. 

Now that we have booked a 54-day cruise, we are contemplating to upgrade to the Premier package because we would most likely eat in the SD more often. Will most likely be bringing tablets along with our phones and trying to switch back and forth is a small pain. Normally we just do a boarding photo but since that is part of the package and this is most likely a once and done cruise, I think it would be fun. Reserved seating for the production shows would be helpful if we don't want to get in line 30 minutes before the show and then wait another 30 minutes. Give or take. Playing the Princess prizes would be interesting and fun too. 

This is just my take of the packages and what I think would be good reason to bump it up a bit. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, greenie082756 said:

Normally we get the Plus package on a 2-week cruise. We don't need or want all the extras because we have a good amount of OBC that we can use for the specialty dining. 

Now that we have booked a 54-day cruise, we are contemplating to upgrade to the Premier package because we would most likely eat in the SD more often. Will most likely be bringing tablets along with our phones and trying to switch back and forth is a small pain. Normally we just do a boarding photo but since that is part of the package and this is most likely a once and done cruise, I think it would be fun. Reserved seating for the production shows would be helpful if we don't want to get in line 30 minutes before the show and then wait another 30 minutes. Give or take. Playing the Princess prizes would be interesting and fun too. 

This is just my take of the packages and what I think would be good reason to bump it up a bit. 

Upgrade from plus to premier is $60 more per day per couple. That comes to over $3,200 on a 54 day cruise   Is it really worth for some SD meals and not having to switch devices ?

Edited by memoak
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, memoak said:

Upgrade from plus to premier is $60 more per day per couple. That comes to over $3,200 on a 54 day cruise   Is it really worth for some SD meals and not having to switch devices ?

While I probably wouldn’t upgrade on a cruise over 15 days or a Grand/Crown class ship, it has more to offer than what you state.  It all has to do with what one prioritizes, though.  
We will most likely upgrade on the 3 Royal class ships that we have booked in the near future.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cruise Raider said:

While I probably wouldn’t upgrade on a cruise over 15 days or a Grand/Crown class ship, it has more to offer than what you state.  It all has to do with what one prioritizes, though.  
We will most likely upgrade on the 3 Royal class ships that we have booked in the near future.  

Those are the 2 things they seemed to be prioritizing as I read it

We've booked a 7-day Italy to Greece trip next May aboard the Sun Princess. Decided we would just do the Plus package as we're not huge foodies, and can easily stay within the daily 15-drink limit. The $420 we save will go towards excursions and perhaps a UBD...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

Why?  It's a good value. 

Not for everyone. Some people want to unplug, so no Wi-Fi.  Don't drink alcohol.  Have realized SD is not all that special.  Drink black coffee.  Don't want that Foo Foo stuff.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

The number of people who are diabetic have increased in years and they do not drink empty calories with sugar IE alcohol.  There are people who are members of Bill W who don't drink. There are Mormons who usually don't drink. And then there are people like me who don't drink except a glass of wine making any of these packages impractical. I bring my laptop and set it up on the desk and both of use it so need for more then one device. There are other amenities in these packages I don't use or like. 

It will be interesting to walk by the specialty restaurants and see how full they are after the implementation of the packages that include specialty dinner every night.

• Like 2

I say less than 10% spring for the Premier. I have nothing to base this on but would say somewhere in the low 30% get any package. People like my in-laws, who find it a source of pride to consume the allowed 15 drinks a day, are in the minority, thank goodness. (My mother-in-law tries hard to have 2 of the ice cream bombs daily and gets mad if her excursions get back late and she doesn't have time to have her second late afternoon ic. She's in heaven about soon being able to eat in the specialty restaurants every day. She loves steak. And Italian. Unlimited exercise classes? Not so much).

• Haha 3

We get the Plus Package more for convenience than anything.  We are Elite and typically in a suite, so we get 2 bar setups and sodas and waters.  If we are on a Royal Class ship we get specialty coffees and happy hour drinks there daily.  We are happy with only one device each for wifi and we get one free specialty dinner included with suite.  So, we could get along without a package, but as I said the convenience of being able to get a beverage easily wherever we are on the ship, plus the 2 casual dinners - works for us.  Don't see the need for the Premier pkg.  If I want a glass of wine that exceeds the $15, I just pay the difference.  

• Like 6