Pinnacle Grill - new menu

Haljo1935

9 hours ago, Huskerchick said:

The release was from today 9/5/24 so it's coming. No date in the article as to when it will be rolled out but I addition to the changes there will be regional offerings for Alaska. Europe, Carribean etc

While I am excited to try new dishes (full disclosure - that's code for DH is looking forward to the new menu), I hope we have the "outgoing" lunch menu later this month on the Eurodam so I can enjoy a final PG burger. 😪

We will miss the wonderful PG lunches.   But…maybe the new lunch menu will work out for those who like their main meal at midday and just something light later on.   
And, yeah, I’ll also really miss the chicken at dinner.  I hope they rethink that. 
It’s PG comfort food.  Sometimes that just hits the spot.

About a decade ago, we were on the Maasdam with friends who were sailing as part of the HAL guest chef program. One of them had the PG burger for lunch and raved about it. That should have been a strong signal to me.

I foolishly waited until 2024 to try it. It was fantastic. I could not believe I waited so many years to order it. DW was really looking forward to having the PG burger on our cruise next March. (She opted for the lobster roll last time. It was fine, but we used to live in Maine and it did not wow her.) We're both a little bummed because we really enjoyed our Pinnacle lunches over the years and considered them one of the best deals at sea.

In reading the press release, I noticed that you can use a HIA credit for lunch. That, coupled with the full size proteins on the new lunch menu, tells me that price is not going to be $19 any longer. While that does bum me out, I'm happy to see the new regional variations to the PG menu. I can't see us opting for a giant midday meal.

Adieu Pinnacle Grill lunch old friend. You had a good run and you will be missed.

Edited by POA1
  • Like 7

9 hours ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

The Scallops look similar to how they were displayed Saturday. But I am extremely excited about the Chilean Sea Bass. Just last week I said I so wished they had Chilean Sea Bass. Tom is joking that they heard me 😂

Here is a pic of the Scallops we were served.

IMG_6615.jpeg

That has come and gone a few times in the PG.  We ordered it in July.  They keep tampering with the scallop presentation in Canaletto also.  Scallops are my go to.  Chilean Sea bass is always a good choice too. It is offered 9n the South American voyages in the MDR on gala nights 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

While I am excited to try new dishes (full disclosure - that's code for DH is looking forward to the new menu), I hope we have the "outgoing" lunch menu later this month on the Eurodam so I can enjoy a final PG burger. 😪

just checked the app for my October Volendam cruise. Pinnacle lunch still shows same menu (hopefully one last Pinnacle burger in my future) and shows a NE special for added charge and some additional themed cocktails for the region on the dinner menu. The rest of the dinner menu is still the same and the excerpts below were not on the app menu last time I looked a week ago. 

IMG_7359.jpeg

IMG_7358.jpeg

Edited by Ready2go11
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Ready2go11 said:

just checked the app for my October Volendam cruise. Pinnacle lunch still shows same menu (hopefully one last Pinnacle burger in my future) and shows a NE special for added charge and some additional themed cocktails for the region on the dinner menu. The rest of the dinner menu is still the same and the excerpts below were not on the app menu last time I looked a week ago. 

IMG_7359.jpeg

IMG_7358.jpeg

If they want to sell "Baked Whole Main Lobster", they really should use spellcheck to make it sound authentic !!

• Haha 5

11 hours ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

The Scallops look similar to how they were displayed Saturday. But I am extremely excited about the Chilean Sea Bass. Just last week I said I so wished they had Chilean Sea Bass. Tom is joking that they heard me 😂

Here is a pic of the Scallops we were served.

IMG_6615.jpeg

Do I see lamb chops on another plate? That's my usual order. Were they as good as always?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pmjnh said:

If they want to sell "Baked Whole Main Lobster", they really should use spellcheck to make it sound authentic !!

They probably DID use spellcheck. "Maine" often gets corrected to Main.

This helps to differentiate it from "Emergency Backup" Lobster. (Still a surcharge, but requires 2 D Cell Batteries.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

23 minutes ago, POA1 said:

They probably DID use spellcheck. "Maine" often gets corrected to Main.

This helps to differentiate it from "Emergency Backup" Lobster. (Still a surcharge, but requires 2 D Cell Batteries.)

Or maybe they're just hedging their bets. As in, it's mainly Maine lobster, but there's no guarantee....

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, POA1 said:

One of them had the PG burger for lunch and raved about it. That should have been a strong signal to me.

I foolishly waited until 2024 to try it. It was fantastic. 

People really seem to like them.

What makes them so much better than a fresh cooked one in Dive-In?

12 minutes ago, Woofbite said:

What makes them so much better than a fresh cooked one in Dive-In?

They are thick, prime beef patties served with better condiments on a better bread.  

• Like 2

On the Westerdam now.... The PG lunch is still $19.

I used to love the PG lunch hamburger, but the last 2-3 times I ordered it, probably all in this year or late 2023, it was very disappointing. My sister the burger expert agreed. I won't miss it.

• Like 1

Finally, a new PG menu….. that old one has been on for , what six years or so ?

We only went to the PG on our free dinners in the past couple of years as the menu was worn out,  was really time for something new !

• Like 2

On 9/2/2024 at 3:32 PM, 0106 said:

CHIANTI-BRAISED BEEF SHORT RIB
shallots, onion, roasted butternut squash, vincotto in the Canaletto are one of my husband’s favorite and the restaurant cover is only $25 as opposed to $46 in the Pinnacle.

Yes, but the atmosphere is so much better in Pinnacle Grill. You can see and hear the masses in the Lido while dining in Canaletto. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, ChinaShrek said:

Yes, but the atmosphere is so much better in Pinnacle Grill. You can see and hear the masses in the Lido while dining in Canaletto. 

On Zaandam last winter, the masses walked through Canaletto at night as if it was the Lido at noon. The back entry should have been blocked or had some kind of sign. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ChinaShrek said:

You can see and hear the masses in the Lido

Canaletto can suffer from a lack of intimacy.  Rudi's, Pinnacle Grill and Tamarind offer that in spades IMHO.

• Like 1

The lunch menu looks pretty similar to dinner . Is PG lunch only on sea days? If they don’t change the price lunch looks like a much better value but it will probably catch up by next year. 

Edited by tigervixxxen

11 hours ago, Woofbite said:

What makes them so much better than afreshh cooked one in Dive-In?

Not that it's to disprove me...

I loves me a good Dive In burger. But the old PG burger was fan-freakin-tastic.