Are the pools on Celebrity always underfilled?

Godsonsafari

Hear me out: My wife and I took the Summit last May, and the condition of the ship was not great. One thing we noticed and even went back to old pictures to confirm was the condition of the thalassotherapy pool: it was lacking water. Clearly, no doubt about it, images of taking that same class of ship before in 2012 and 2017 showed us that we were not imagining there being water supporting us and not just laying on metal bars while water bubbled underneath. Hot tubs didn't have functioning jets, and the main pool also seemed to be about a foot underfilled. Just got back from taking the Reflection, and while the hot tubs actually functioned as hot tubs (though they could have been a couple degrees warmer), yet again, it sure seems like the pools are not as full as the depths indicate on the sides. Is this a fleetwide thing that somehow saves them money, or is it just a weird coincidence and the thalassotherapy pool on the other ships in the fleet is actually fine (maybe even Summit now)?

Edited by Godsonsafari
typo
  • Haha 1

OK one pool on one ship does not necessarily make a trend.  But I'm sure you are asking here for evidence one way or another for your query.  This has not be brought up or noticed here before to my knowledge.  Hopefully others will comment.

10 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

OK one pool on one ship does not necessarily make a trend.  But I'm sure you are asking here for evidence one way or another for your query.  This has not be brought up or noticed here before to my knowledge.  Hopefully others will comment.

If it were one pool on one ship, I wouldn't ask. But it was all the pools on the Summit, and it seemed repeated again on the Reflection (which is a totally different class of vessel!) a year later based on what I felt like I was seeing. Might also be that depth amounts are intended to reflect depth from the wood decking to the bottom of the pool in the case of the Reflection. I'm totally willing to be wrong. (But that thalassotherapy pool on Summit definitely needed at least 6" more of water!)

This is an interesting observation. We have a pool and our experience is that if it's not filled enough, the filter system gets overworked. If left like that for too long, it can cause major damage to the pump which can be costly to fix. I believe cruise ship pools are usually on a salt water system. Not sure if that makes a difference. We'll be on the Solstice very soon so I'll have a look at the water levels and report back! 🙂

the only time we noticed the pool on Summit underfilled was after going through really rough water going up the coast to New Jersey. People were standing around watching the pool “self empty”. Staff didnt let anyone in to swim - good

• Like 1

I would think time of day reflects if its full or not.   They get filled in the morning and many people in and out taking water with them will empty some of the pool and hot tubs. 

It's weird that the hot tubs on Summit haven't been operational since the restart.  We were on in Nov of 2022 and none of them were "bubbling".  When I asked they said it was broken.  It was funny that it was all of them, solarium and outside.  Since then we have sailed multiple times on the ship and still the same.   All other ships have them running.

10 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

It's weird that the hot tubs on Summit haven't been operational since the restart.  We were on in Nov of 2022 and none of them were "bubbling".  When I asked they said it was broken.  It was funny that it was all of them, solarium and outside.  Since then we have sailed multiple times on the ship and still the same.   All other ships have them running.

Same with the elevator to retreat sundeck on Summit.  Been broken for over two years, they told my friend they were waiting for parts...it's still broken

I believe more importantly than water level is accessibility. Over the years i have talked to many cruisers who would like to use the pool cant use the ladder due to age or health problems. Why cant they put stairs and railing to enter pool?