Crown & Anchor D+ amenity selection is a royal nuisance

24 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

We always get 1 bottle each - I think only the towels and the bag are per household!

No. It’s 1 per household. 
How many points do you have?

8 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

That would be nice. But ranting for four paragraphs and multiple posts is just over the top. IMO, of course. YMMV. 

OK, I see your opinion. My opinion is that that RCI could save themselves time and money while also making this process easier for passengers.

• Like 2

@BecciBoo I’ve trashed all the wines I’ve gotten so far. 
Last month on MSC we received a bottle of champagne in our cabin and I ordered OJ’s delivered each morning with our continental breakfast. It was very nice sitting out on the balcony in the mornings with our mimosas. I remember thinking.. I gotta change my amenity on Royal to Champagne, that way I can do this on every cruise. 😊 

You just reminded me of that so I better get on it today, I leave on a 9 night in 2 weeks. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, rrraydon said:

@BecciBoo I’ve trashed all the wines I’ve gotten so far. 
Last month on MSC we received a bottle of champagne in our cabin and I ordered OJ’s delivered each morning with our continental breakfast. It was very nice sitting out on the balcony in the mornings with our mimosas. I remember thinking.. I gotta change my amenity on Royal to Champagne, that way I can do this on every cruise. 😊 

You just reminded me of that so I better get on it today, I leave on a 9 night in 2 weeks. 

Be sure that you order the Moet Chandon and not that horrid St Michelle.  🥴🥴

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

Even the wine - not one each? About 300

No. One per household.

I thought maybe you were at 340 … them you get 2 gifts (could be wines) per household.

52 minutes ago, Airbear232 said:

At the end of the day, it’s a free gift and an acknowledgment of customer loyalty.  How many other companies do this as well as Royal?  

Agreed. While I do miss the "good ol' days" of generous, high-quality gifts (I once received a Samsonite suitcase from Princess as a gift for sailing in a suite! 😲), the entire industry has changed, and I don't think any of the other mass-market lines measure up to Royal's loyalty perks these days.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RFerrington said:

Be sure that you order the Moet Chandon and not that horrid St Michelle.  🥴🥴

I'm glad you told me that! Now I gotta call back tomorrow because Michelle is exactly what i got! LOL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Airbear232 said:

At the end of the day, it’s a free gift and an acknowledgment of customer loyalty.  How many other companies do this as well as Royal?  Overall things are pretty good.  I’m happy. 

Absolutely!

I always say, " no cruise line can come close to Royal's loyalty program, that's for sure!".

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

How about not complaining about free gifts?

That's what I think, too. I give mine away if I don't want it: I have "wine friend", and a (maybe not so much anymore) "Brie friend", and "wine with cheese or fruit friends".  If I don't want the chocolate covered strawberries, I leave them on a table in a public area. 

I am an "extra bottle of water friend" myself.

• Like 1

We love that vineyard.  We're no wine snobs though.  We buy Ste. Michele all the time at home.  It's a good Washington state grown and produced wine.  I've had some crap from the Loyalty Ambassador so they do have sub par bottles, but never for the amenity.  I'm taking Ecco Domani Pinot Grigio and Todd is taking Robert Mondavi Rum Barrel Merlot, our faves.  

• Like 1

Firsts time we selected toiletry bag.

For next cruise we selected one wine form the list. They responded to me, that this wine in not in their selection. So I picked a wine from the list they sent me.

Finally we got another toiletry bag.

Actually don't understand, what have to call/send e-mail. It's like rocket science to put this into cruise panner. Why spent peoples time to do this manually...

So, there are those of us who acquired D+ status by way of the Celebrity status match. Since we don't have enough points on RC to hit the amenity chart, do we end up getting anything from this program (I know about the D+ drinks, etc)? 

• Thanks 1

We get the Pino Grigio (3 bottles for 6+ day cruises).  I miss the days of being able to select it online.  It's a pain to call and change so we keep it the same.  A couple of years ago I called and changed it but since DH is the primary (first listed) his didn't change so they didn't use my changes.  We had the LA fix it for us, but come one, it would be so much easier to just do it ourselves.   

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, chuckroast1 said:

So, there are those of us who acquired D+ status by way of the Celebrity status match. Since we don't have enough points on RC to hit the amenity chart, do we end up getting anything from this program (I know about the D+ drinks, etc)? 

Pretty sure no, as it's based on Royal points and since your X points don't transfer over, you only have the Royal points you have.  

9 hours ago, gkbiiii said:

Why can't we do this online!

We used to be able to.  Then, a few years ago it disappeared after an "update" to the website.  It was so easy to do.

On 9/7/2024 at 6:36 PM, Ken at the beach said:

It's too late now but in the future if you ever want to change your amenity just have the LA do it on board.  They can't change your current sailing but they can easily change your preference for future sailings

That’s exactly how we change our gifts. We usually get the wine and if local cruise. We just take it home, but on European cruises I make sure to change to other amenities on the cruise before the European ones. and then before I get off that I go back and change again to wine for the local cruise….sounds confusing but it’s easy

We turn D+ on Icon in November, immediately after that we get on Oasis... Since the system will not have time to update I know we have to go to the LA onboard Oasis to have our status updated.  Would the LA also have access to any of the D+ Amenities right there to give us one when I'm having him/her make the change or are we just out of luck this first cruise?

Edited by Tree_skier

3 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

We turn D+ on Icon in November, immediately after that we get on Oasis... Since the system will not have time to update I know we have to go to the LA onboard Oasis to have our status updated.  Would the LA also have access to any of the D+ Amenities right there to give us one when I'm having him/her make the change or are we just out of luck this first cruise?

It's worth a try. Some of the wines, the toiletry and beach bag they are discussing arent available until 340 pts. But maybe if you ask you can get a bottle of wine or chocolate strawberries to your cabin. Doesnt hurt to ask. Look at the list ahead and know what you want.

Once you pick it's very hard to get it changed. I've tried to change 4 times, onboard and calling it in. Each time its confirmed. Onboard I might get what I asked for, but they dont get it changed in the system. It's like wading thru mud. Keep expectations low. Let's see what I get as I called in months ago and again asked for toiletry bag. I got 6 beach bags I've been giving away. 

I agree wish it was online. If I could call or ask loyalty ambassador to do it and it got done I wouldnt care how they do it. Only so many beach bags i want.

• Like 1

I've just finished my first D+ cruise. I contacted C&A through messenger on their fb page to request my amenity as I didn’t want to have to make an international long distance call. They replied really quickly and the requested amenity (toiletry bag) showed up in my cabin on day 3 or 4.

I agree it would be so much easier if we could request online.