Folio Refundable credit

Lyndonn

4 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

...and it may or may not say "Princess Cruises" on the return address.

Just in case it doesn't, watch what you think might be junk mail....

Yes, this ^^^

The check will be from Bottomline Technologies and it does look like junk mail.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EDDY0827 said:

Up to $25 USD.

2 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

You can also gave them give you cash on the last night of the cruise. 

On the Emerald in June, they would not do that saying they give no refunds for unused OBC that is refundable, and a check would be mailed. We disembarked on July 3. We haven't received a check yet. When I questioned, I was told they only refund credit over $25. New policy

20 hours ago, whatcruiseisnext said:

On the Emerald in June, they would not do that saying they give no refunds for unused OBC that is refundable, and a check would be mailed. We disembarked on July 3. We haven't received a check yet. When I questioned, I was told they only refund credit over $25. New policy

That happened to us around 2 years ago. When I asked CS about it,  Princess said that any OBC less than $25 goes to  "charity".  

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, M&L-Colorado said:

I'm 7-1/2 weeks post cruise. Still waiting for check. Called the normal phone and she said she would note it and let accounting know. Anyone know a direct number to accounting or any other department that would be in the know to talk to?

I got of a cruise on August 24th. Got the check 17 days later.

• Like 1

On 9/24/2024 at 4:37 PM, whatcruiseisnext said:

Last December on the Ruby, they wouldn't give me my $14 refundable credit...they said it would be mailed. But after waiting 4 weeks, I had to call Princess twice before I received the check 8 weeks later. I think they're hoping people will give up and they get additional revenue. 

On 9/25/2024 at 5:14 AM, M&L-Colorado said:

I'm 7-1/2 weeks post cruise. Still waiting for check. Called the normal phone and she said she would note it and let accounting know. Anyone know a direct number to accounting or any other department that would be in the know to talk to?

i was told i had a $50 refund from a july 6 cruise....was told it would be given back via my credit card...still waiting two months later....

4 hours ago, dockman said:

i was told i had a $50 refund from a july 6 cruise....was told it would be given back via my credit card...still waiting two months later....

We've always received a cheque from Bottomline Technologies (see post #5 above).  If you haven't received anything after two months, I would call.

11 hours ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

We've always received a cheque from Bottomline Technologies (see post #5 above).  If you haven't received anything after two months, I would call.

yep...i did specifically ask the gal onboard why not a check but she insisted it would go on my credit card...it was a refund of some of the port taxes....i am not in usa now and dread the idea of calling as that can be a real hassle...

1 hour ago, dockman said:

yep...i did specifically ask the gal onboard why not a check but she insisted it would go on my credit card...it was a refund of some of the port taxes....i am not in usa now and dread the idea of calling as that can be a real hassle...

checked with friend who gets my mail in usa and sure enough there was a check that he had put in junk mail pile...wonder how many checks get thrown in trash and people forget or don't want the hassle of dealing with it....i suspect it is a big number....why they can't just put the refund back on the credit card it was charged on ???

• Like 1

We got one last week for a March 27 cruise. We really weren’t expecting one because the refundable amount remaining was less than $25 and DH never went to the front desk to collect it. But, just as sometimes Princess adds charges after the end of the cruise, in this case they removed one and the check was for $29. Their accounting methods are madness.

We got our refund about two weeks after we returned home. Not sure but think something changed since 2022 because under our booking extra the $500.00 from my points states funds will not be returned after the cruise. We had $700.00 last time and they returned $229.00 of this.

I will have a hard time spending the OBC this next trip, but will manage 😂.