Does extra night on ship equal extra cruise point?

LisaMT

My dad and I were just on the September 21st sailing of Enchantment of the Seas out of Tampa.  It was due back on September 28th but due to Hurricane Helene, we had to spend an extra night on the ship.  When we finally got off on the 29th, the name of the cruise was changed in the app from 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise to 8-Night Western Caribbean Cruise.  I assumed that meant we would get 8 cruise points.  I have been checking every day to see if the points were added and I saw this morning that I only got 7 cruise points and the name of the cruise was changed back to the 7-Night cruise.  I am at 79 points and need that extra point to get to Diamond status for my next cruise.  Has anyone else had an extra cruise point added to your account for an extra night spent on the ship?  I have emailed RCCL, but I wanted to see what other cruisers have experienced.

I think you should get the extra night because you spent an extra night on the ship. We were on Freedom, sailing out of San Juan, on a 7 night cruise in 2020 right when Covid hit and shut down cruising. We were supposed to return to San Juan but they had closed the port so we ended up taking 2 extra days going to Miami to disembark. We were given 9 points for that cruise. Call C&A and explain the situation. I think you'll end up with that extra point. Congratulations on making Diamond!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, LisaMT said:

My dad and I were just on the September 21st sailing of Enchantment of the Seas out of Tampa.  It was due back on September 28th but due to Hurricane Helene, we had to spend an extra night on the ship.  When we finally got off on the 29th, the name of the cruise was changed in the app from 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise to 8-Night Western Caribbean Cruise.  I assumed that meant we would get 8 cruise points.  I have been checking every day to see if the points were added and I saw this morning that I only got 7 cruise points and the name of the cruise was changed back to the 7-Night cruise.  I am at 79 points and need that extra point to get to Diamond status for my next cruise.  Has anyone else had an extra cruise point added to your account for an extra night spent on the ship?  I have emailed RCCL, but I wanted to see what other cruisers have experienced.

When they have done this it has generally been mentioned in the letter you received on board regarding the extended itinerary.  Unless it was done for all I doubt that you will get far in trying to get them to make a one off exception

• Thanks 1

We were on Harmony during hurricane Dorian, and our 7 night cruise turned into an 11 night cruise. We were able to stay on board for the remaining 3 nights of the shortened following 7 night cruise, and we received 22 points for the first cruise (we were in a suite) and 14 for the second.

All you can do is ask, but they’ve done it before for weather related issues.

Edited by orville99
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I think you should get the extra night because you spent an extra night on the ship. We were on Freedom, sailing out of San Juan, on a 7 night cruise in 2020 right when Covid hit and shut down cruising. We were supposed to return to San Juan but they had closed the port so we ended up taking 2 extra days going to Miami to disembark. We were given 9 points for that cruise. Call C&A and explain the situation. I think you'll end up with that extra point. Congratulations on making Diamond!

We were on this sailing as well! Contrary to the advice of friends and family, we DID NOT smuggle toilet paper off the ship.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

In 2019 we got delayed because of a hurricane and our 7 day turned into an 11 day and yes we did get credit for all 11 days….

We were on that one as well. As soon as we found out we were going to be delayed, we went down to the next cruise desk and snagged a JS for $100 each to stay on for the following cruise. Got the full points for a 7 night even though it was only 3 nights.

• Like 3

We were in front of you on the Serenade heading in with the Grandeur ahead of us. Should have returned Friday on a five nighter and returned Sunday. The app changed to seven nights. The itinerary change paperwork said we would get credit for the two extra nights.

Yesterday our cruise total was updated showing seven nights.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Shipof6Fools said:

Absolutely yes you will. The wife and I were on a 4 day cruise in 2022 where a tropical storm closed down Port Canaveral the day we were suppose to dock. Our 4 day turned into a 5 day cruise.  The listing changed to 5 days and yes we did get 5 instead of 4 points.

The same thing happened to us.  A Florida hurricane damaged the Port Canaveral.  The coast guard wouldn't let us dock until the repairs were made a day later.  We got the extra point for the extra day.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, pyrateslife4me84 said:

I mean…you never planned on getting to 80 with this cruise. So, 79 is where you planned to be, no?

Yes, I planned to be at 79.  I also had plans for that Saturday and Sunday that had to be changed and cancelled.  So getting an extra cruise point to get to diamond status would help lessen the sting of our ruined plans. 😊 The cruise itself was great.  Just the ending stunk!

1 hour ago, daytona said:

We were in front of you on the Serenade heading in with the Grandeur ahead of us. Should have returned Friday on a five nighter and returned Sunday. The app changed to seven nights. The itinerary change paperwork said we would get credit for the two extra nights.

Yesterday our cruise total was updated showing seven nights.

I was watching you and the Grandeur from the Windjammer and was jealous that you were in front of us. 😄 Then we docked at Terminal 2 instead of 3 so we might have disembarked before you did.  Thanks for letting me know about your experience.  I didn't see anything about extra cruise points in the paperwork we received but I could have missed it.

Thank you everyone for your input, advice, and shared experiences!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, orville99 said:

We were on that one as well. As soon as we found out we were going to be delayed, we went down to the next cruise desk and snagged a JS for $100 each to stay on for the following cruise. Got the full points for a 7 night even though it was only 3 nights.

Only thing about that is that was in 2019…..I think possibly royal was more generous back then when Fain was still in charge.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Only thing about that is that was in 2019…..I think possibly royal was more generous back then when Fain was still in charge.

Considering how consistent their inconsistency has been both before and after the shutdown, I’m surprised they don’t subtract a day from the cruise points because you didn’t pay for it.😱 

• Haha 4

22 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Celebrity offers points simply from watching some of the podcasts in which the President has a q&a with loyalty Ambassador. Wonder why Royal doesn’t offer the same 🤣. That’s a way of earning a point without sailing. 

Also for doing survey questions about Celebrity, their ships, itineraries, etc.. Called Power Up Points (PUPs). 30 PUPs = 3 Captain Club Points.