Home comforts.

If there was one home comfort you could have for the duration of a cruise what would it be?I know some cruisers bring all manner of things with them on a cruise for their cabin or do you want to leave home at home and experience some different?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If there was one home comfort you could have for the duration of a cruise what would it be?
For many it would be one's spouse or significant other.

........or do you want to leave home at home and experience some different?
Or some could give the same answer for the leave at home and experience something different part too. :D

For many it would be one's spouse or significant other.

Or some could give the same answer for the leave at home and experience something different part too. :D

Good Answer.

We are travelers, cruise ships or on our own. We want to experience other destinations, cultures, history, living conditions, travel methods etc. Traveling with my favorite items from home would not be fun, lugging around the kitchen sink, tooth past holder, blankets, pillows is just not for us.

Having said that, depending on the trip I have been known to take my small security blanket LOL. Well, actually a nice thing on a LONG flight.

The only thing we would want to bring is our DIRECT TV hookup. Not much to watch (while we nap) on sea TV. One can only take so much of CNN and soccer. Like my baseball, golf, football.....

I take as little as possible. The reason that I take a cruise is to get away from everything and it is also the reason that after being away for 14 days I am ready to go home.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🇺🇸

It seems a shame to get a real change of scene and then try to counteract it by bringing some sort of security blanket along. I admit to bringing my own supply of tea - and not being completely satisfied with the less-than-boiling water in the Lido -- but that is a hardship with which I can live.

The only things that we want are AC that works, ventilation that is in operation all night, plumbing that works, plenty of hot and cold water, a clean room, and no musty/moldy smells. We do not need any other home comforts.

After we have that, we are happy campers. IF we do not get this we could turn savage. It is why we select our ships very carefully.

Edited by iancal

I'm still happy camping in a tent, so as long as I'm aboard a ship and there are people who are willing to cook my food, make my bed, and serve me drinks, I'm totally happy. I don't need to bring anything else from home except my clothes, my camera and my DH.

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

My big foam bed wedge - I've got sinus problems, and sleeping flat.... well, it's not much sleeping - I keep snorting myself awake. And let's not talk about my room mates' issues......

Trying an inflatable one, but it's just not comfortable.....

And piling up the pillows just doesn't cut it, either: they slip around.

My husband sleeps like a rock, so not such a problem, but I'm going to be sharing a bedroom for 10 days with my sisters in June...... I'm hoping we'll survive the experience....

Ok, I am older and these are dream items. I wish I could have my recliner. It helps so much with my joints. If I am dreaming could I please have an easy access hot tub? On my monster balcony....in the shade....for free.

Thank you for asking.

4boysnana