Your favorite gripe ...or one that has absolutely been beaten to death

razor7_us

I am an avid fan of Cruise Critic and the NCL boards, been reading them for years. I have only cruised with NCL, so there is no industry comparison for me, but I do travel extensively, one or two cruises yearly along with a land based trip or two, so I do know the value of a dollar. Just because I have a limited number of posts on CC does not mean I am a naïve cruiser or uniformed traveler.

My absolute, hands down, bottom line, #1 gripe is with the phrase “Nickel and Dimed.” God how I hate seeing those threads. Before anyone says, “Well don’t read it then,” it is sort of like a train wreck. You do not really want to look but you have to and once you start, it is hard to stop.

So let’s hear from you all in CC land. Your #1 B**ch, gripe, groan, moan or complaint. Only the #1 on your hit list please, otherwise I could go on for days about……………………………………………...you get the point.

I sometimes find it comical when certain people jump on others to use the search functions on the forums (which aren't the most robust tools in the world) and then later are the same ones who jump on someone else for responding in a thread that is more than 3 months old.

Ya can't have it both ways! :D

Nickel & Dimed kills me as well. The funny thing is, the other boards use it too - DCL particularly. Funny thing is, I felt no more nickel & dimed on NCL vs DCL - DCL charged for specialty restaurant, for Bingo cards, for the spa/spa pass, for excursions, for tips. The drinks on DCL were a rip off, and it's not like service was better. So I never really understood where the phrase came from. It's not like you get on board and everything is charged for.

I believe what the OP was looking for was the #1 "gripe" you have with NCL since all of the changes have taken place (at least that's the way I read it). I'll bite....

My soda of choice is Caffeine Free Diet Dr. Pepper (I'm medically required to drink diet and no caffeine). NCL does not even carry Diet Dr. Pepper, never mind Caffeine Free :( Since I am no longer able to carry soda onboard, I must forgo drinking soda for the length of the cruise. I know some would say "Why should this be a hardship", however, if I pay to go on vacation it SHOULD include being able to have the drink of my choice !!!

I believe what the OP was looking for was the #1 "gripe" you have with NCL since all of the changes have taken place (at least that's the way I read it). I'll bite....

I took the post as asking for what gripe you have seen over and over again on here that you are tired of seeing, not a gripe about what is gone.

My #1 gripe - The griping about gripe threads! The thread is a fine example!:eek:

My number 1 gripe - the griping about the griping about the griping threads. :eek::eek:

:D

But then again if there was no griping on CC this place wouldn't be entertaining at all.:)

My number 1 gripe - the griping about the griping about the griping threads. :eek::eek:

:D

But then again if there was no griping on CC this place wouldn't be entertaining at all.:)

NCL Customer Service.

If NCL had any, CC would not be as entertaining.:o

Years of lurking and reading CC several times per week and I finally feel compelled to try my hand at posting.

My biggest gripe isn't NCL specific. I am totally annoyed by the people on team "the customer (in this case cruiser) is always right". Let's face it, sometimes people are dead wrong. They are rude and/or disrespectful to crew and other guests but they simply do not care. I can respect complaint threads but when your complaint is basically "so and so didn't kiss my butt" it can be irritating.

I am an avid fan of Cruise Critic and the NCL boards, been reading them for years. I have only cruised with NCL, so there is no industry comparison for me, but I do travel extensively, one or two cruises yearly along with a land based trip or two, so I do know the value of a dollar. Just because I have a limited number of posts on CC does not mean I am a naïve cruiser or uniformed traveler.

My absolute, hands down, bottom line, #1 gripe is with the phrase “Nickel and Dimed.” God how I hate seeing those threads. Before anyone says, “Well don’t read it then,” it is sort of like a train wreck. You do not really want to look but you have to and once you start, it is hard to stop.

So let’s hear from you all in CC land. Your #1 B**ch, gripe, groan, moan or complaint. Only the #1 on your hit list please, otherwise I could go on for days about……………………………………………...you get the point.

Before I even read your post, the phrase Nickeled and Dimed came to mind. :D