CCL Stock heading down

twinkle toes

For those of you that want to take advantage of buying into the CCL stock and getting OBC for your cruises, this looks like a good time to buy. I don't know how much further it will go down, but it has gone down around 10.00 per share since I purchased in November.

For those of you that want to take advantage of buying into the CCL stock and getting OBC for your cruises, this looks like a good time to buy. I don't know how much further it will go down, but it has gone down around 10.00 per share since I purchased in November.

Many thanks for the heads up, but bought for £197.00 years ago, so a price fall does not concern us. Since buying have enjoyed £400/600.00 per year as OBC plus dividends. :)

I recently purchased the stock at $49 per share. My solution to break even will be to get in more cruises with the OBC to compensate :D a tough decision but gotta break even to feel good about that stock purchase.

That's the attitude. Remember booking more cruises not only earns you more OBC, but will have a positive impact on CCL revenue which will drive the stock back up. OK, maybe I am exaggerating our impact, but it does not hurt.

At around 10am today CCL has fallen 3% to $43.76 and is still ticking down.

Having been $49 3 days ago. And a high for the year of about $55 in late December 2015.

Carnival have been buying stock back recently. They must think its too cheap. Profits are up.

RCL is down 4.23% to $70.47 today, having been at $85 3 days ago. And a high for the year of $103 in late January 2016. Ouch!

Not that I have any RCL as they don't generously allow stockholders to combine OBC the way Princess do with carnival stock OBC.

And I really still like cruising Princess, even with the cost reductions and changes impinging on service etc.

PS Don't rely on me for investment advice, if I was any good at it I'd be sailing Crystal not Princess.

We bought the stock three years ago at $38.00.We have taken 7 longer cruises worth $250.00 in ship board credits so the cost of the stock is really great the longer you hold it.

It also pays a$1.00 dividend.

It should be bought.

long cruiser

Good news for you. The dividend is now $1.20.

All cruise line stocks are down due to concerns that the Zika virus will adversely affect bookings. Indeed, UK newspapers are already reporting that many younger cruisers have already cancelled existing bookings.

And I really still like cruising Princess, even with the cost reductions and changes impinging on service etc.

PS Don't rely on me for investment advice, if I was any good at it I'd be sailing Crystal not Princess.

i agree completely with you …..and thanks for my first laugh of the day!

All cruise line stocks are down due to concerns that the Zika virus will adversely affect bookings. Indeed, UK newspapers are already reporting that many younger cruisers have already cancelled existing bookings.

Maybe. When a stock goes up/down, you have a lot of analysts who are trying to sound knowledgeable giving their opinion as to why. If you listen to the stock channels (Fox Business, CNBC, etc.), you'll hear a lot of chatter. Another plausible explanation is the expectation that the fed will continue to raise rates.

Maybe. When a stock goes up/down, you have a lot of analysts who are trying to sound knowledgeable giving their opinion as to why. If you listen to the stock channels (Fox Business, CNBC, etc.), you'll hear a lot of chatter. Another plausible explanation is the expectation that the fed will continue to raise rates.

A month ago, Zacks was rating a CCL a buy. Then, it lost $10/share.

There was also a post here around the same time suggesting people

buy. I guess people must take more cruises than me, if they can

make up a $1000 loss with shipboard credit.

It's SHARE. LOL. ;)

I will make that up this year alone. I bought a while ago so I am still profitable. Of course even with drop, it is only a paper loss and will not convert to an actual loss unless you sell. In the meantime it pays a dividend and you can collect OBC while waiting for it to go back up.

If you think the price will go lower, wait. If you don't take many Carnival Corp. cruises, don't buy CCL stock. The shareholder credit has been great for us. We've sailed 11 times on Princess, Holland America and Carnival combined since I bought stock five years ago.

Bought mine shortly after 9/11 when all the travel stocks sank. Took a chance that really paid off, bought at around $9. Definitely paid off stock wise and OBC wise.

$9???

Wowie Zowie!!! I paid $36.98 and it has been a good deal for me at that price. You totally scored. :)

Bought in 2009 at 14.00 pounds sterling Have already had more than my original cost back in obc plus we gt about 100 pounds dividend each year and the share price has almost doubled so it was a win win situation news of which we pass on to everyone we travel with.

I just note that recently in Australia lots of cruises are 13 days instead of 14 which is a nuisance:(

Everytime there is a health alert such as Ebola, Zika, cruiseline stocks go down big time. Last time we had the ebola crisis, CCL dropped to around $34 I believe. Oil will remain low for many years, so this will affect their bottom line in a positive way. Dividend just raised. Reinvest the divi, take cruises, enjoy the OBC!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just my advise IMHO!!!!