Harmony LIVE, November 12th - 19th. Happier Than a Seagull with a French Fry!

A&L_Ont

Hello fellow CCers. It's time for another live cruise review and just like the thread title, I'm happier than a seagull with a french fry.

434fee52ad2286103a2957a4d5cdffbb.jpg

For those of you who have followed us before, you have a good idea of what to expect. However, this review varies from our last two in a few ways. For starters, we are on a different ship. We are sailing on Harmony of the Seas for her first full Caribbean sailing. Another aspect that is different, Owen is staying home and splitting his time between his grandmas. It's a kid free cruise for Lisa and I, even though there will be kids on the ship. There are big plans for staying up late and partying till the sun rises. In reality, I bet I will be waking before sunrise.

We booked this cruise April 8th of 2015, almost a year and a half ago and I have passed the time by trying to convince Lisa to sail even more before this cruise. I did get one extra one in.:) In the meantime I have enjoyed following Lloyd's epic thread about the building of the Harmony. Over the last couple of weeks, I have enjoyed the thread about Harmony's TA to Florida. My excitement levels peaked almost a week ago with the three sisters meeting just off the shores of Fort Lauderdale. It will soon to be our turn. Thanks to all of you for taking the time to do reviews, periscopes and photos.

We were also able to take advantage of a huge price drop during one of Royal Caribbean's Sales.;) Yes a real sale, the once in a decade sale, the 30-30 sale. After watching the last 584 days, or 83 weeks and 3 days, or 14,016 hours slowly count down to where we are now, we finally only have a few days until embarkation. We fly Friday to Fort Lauderdale and board Harmony on Saturday.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by A&L_Ont

Our home for the week.

34c93530564508bb6bba704cdc03beb0.jpg

For those who think that the ports are the destination, and not the ship, here is another photo of the ship.

e3980931da4482da3b431e4fb9938165.jpg

If you really are curious this is our itinerary.

e0dbfca4b67792f1b2480e0fd8550c6a.jpg

We are will be staying in Crown Loft Suite 1732

9dab8a74a6d46d56df9d65cbdfb91cea.jpg

Edited by A&L_Ont

So before you commit, let me quickly inform you what type of review you will get. There might be hourly posts at times but more likely a few times a day. They will be off the cuff, contain pictures and whatever else I feel like adding. I will do my best to answer questions, like an excursion guide, and I just might make up the answers if I don't know them. I will post the Compass once we are on the ship, and I will post a link in this review to them.

There will also be periscopes at sea -- thanks to Harmony's wonderful Wi-Fi and scopes from ports, thanks to data plans and free Wi-Fi locations. I will do a quick periscope Friday just to make sure we are connected. You can follow me at Andrew_1720 for periscope fun.

Edited by A&L_Ont

I decided to leave my clown costume at home, but I added a few new items to our packing list. Can you spot them?

c170e8c02f504084e80174b98f452411.jpg

With a pepper grinder and sleeping mattress all will be good.

Another first, I have brought along some light reading. It is from the up and coming Author, Life Coach, Reiki Master, Yoga Instructor, and Intuitive Healer - Alisha Frank. She is self-described as "Fiercely Optimistic". One of her last Tweets was a classic gem.

8dfa05bfc16c147cd0d2f523d7ef8c11.jpg

You may remember her escapades earlier this year in Jamaica titled "Cruise out of Control". http://www.iamfiercelyoptimistic.com/single-post/2016/04/29/Untitled

Edited by A&L_Ont

Now for those that have read this far and haven't committed to following due to my musings, this might be your preverbal dropping off point. I'm not sure if you followed Yorkvillain's last live review a few weeks ago while he was on Anthem of the seas, but as always it was classic. If you did, you know he discussed the virtues of a product called the Squatty Potty.

Did I run out and get one, uh no. However, I did discover a product that can come handy for those moments on the ship. You know, those awkward moments in the public bathroom or better yet in the tight confines of your cruise cabin. If you love your family, spouse, partner or better yet your inflatable Squatty Potty this is the newest item you need to add to your cruise packing list.

Yorkvillain, this one is for you - actually maybe more for Courtney.

[YOUTUBE]ZKLnhuzh9uY[/YOUTUBE]

If you actually thought I was going to pack any of those previously mentioned items, I have this bridge in Brooklyn...

I hope you stick with me through the review, that is if you are as tenacious as I am. Honestly, after that run I promise to raise the bar or at least aim a little higher. I might even hit the water, and if this review happens to stink I will spritz it.

Edited by A&L_Ont

OMG I am in heaven. A pepper grinder reference and the almost forgotten "fierce one". Holy cow though - feels like you just got back from a cruise. JEALOUS! Can't wait to climb aboard. Can Yorkvillain loan you his squatty potty????

Look up to lucky post 13.;) Wait for it, BOOM!

Edited by A&L_Ont

Yeah! So happy you plan on doing this for all of us. Can't wait to hear all about the ship. Enjoy yourselves and THANKS in advance.

Your welcome. I can't wait to tell you about her.

I've been counting with you from the last review :)

E N J O Y :):)

It has been a long countdown I tell you.

Boom!!!!!!!!!

Arcade Sister!

Subscribed! We booked our Harmony cruise in June 2015 for January 2017. My husband thinks I'm crazy, but I see I'm not the only one. Looking forward to your review

I'd say you are totally sane. Thanks for tagging along, maybe drag your crazy hubby along too.

Looking forward to your review and humor!!!!:D Hope you enjoy your time together!!;) Thanks for taking time out to entertain the masses!!!:cool:

We will enjoy our time. As always, I am here to entertain.

Get on that ship. Get on that ship!!!

"Get on it", isn't that what Sir Mix A-Lot said.

Excited to follow along. We are on Harmony 12/10/16 (Eastern)...and also have waited a lonnnnngggg time to get here. We had it booked when we did our Oasis cruise last December and have been impatiently waiting this year's Harmony cruise.

Sticking with the music theme Tom Petty said, "the waiting is the hardest part".

Tried to talk Laura into Harmony for spring 2018, but she wants Allure to see Mama Mia. [emoji33]

John, just book a B2B. Harmony, then overnight in FLL and embark Allure the next day. Just keep suggesting it and eventually Laura will see the light.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Looking forward to your thread/review.

We'll be on Harmony in March...so insights based on photos, posts, etc. are both appreciated and helpful. Thank you.

Your welcome. Thanks for joining us.

:D I was writing as you posted about the squatty. Greatness.

and poopouri actually works. :eek:

I'm not sure I'd call it greatness, but I would call it moving. ;)

This will make those 120 days until our March cruise on Harmony pass by just a little bit quicker. Thanks for the time that you put into these Andrew.:)

For sure Ken. It will subtract at 7 days from that 120, and then I will be crying.

Cannot wait to follow along with you! We will be boarding her the following Saturday as you are departing. Please leave her in good shape for us. :D

That's my plan, but I don't know about the others on board. ;). Enjoy her, I am betting she is amazing.

Edited by A&L_Ont