Why do ships stop in Cozumel?

Sat1

YES: just another port stop .....

I don't understand your question ......

OBVIOUSLY you don't LIKE Coz' as a stop. Why? What do you prefer at the other places you've stopped?

When I was a "boss" I had a "standing order": you can come to me to complain about ANYTHING, so long as you have one reasonable solution in hand . . . .

btw I stopped here ( in Coz) many times ( with my ships) and had to deal with the fact that there is NO FOOD SUPPLY and NO FUEL unless it comes over from the "main land" ..... NO they do not stop here because supplies are available!

Edited by Capt_BJ

YES: just another port stop .....

I don't understand your question ......

OBVIOUSLY you don't LIKE Coz' as a stop. Why? What do you prefer at the other places you've stopped?

When I was a "boss" I had a "standing order": you can come to me to complain about ANYTHING, so long as you have one reasonable solution in hand . . . .

I operate by 'He who complains, does!' If you have a problem, you create (and do) the solution.

OP-if you do not like Cozumel, make it a 'sea day'.

Edited by SadieN

Because it's too far to swim if the ships drop anchor in the middle of the gulf. :rolleyes: Apparently, there are quite a few of us that like going to Cozumel. Nassau, on the other hand...........

I've never cruised to Coz but we got there for a week every Spring and find it has soooooo much to offer. We go for the diving but we've done so many other fun things. Each trip we do something different. Other than diving, everything we've done can be done in the time a ship is in port if you have it arranged ahead of time. Our first trip there we actually got in on a cruise "excursion" when we went to 'Salsa & Salsa Cozumel'. We were the only ones there that weren't from a cruise ship! It was a blast!

We've also done the Fly Cozumel island tour by airplane, an unforgettable experience! A Cozumel Photography Tour with Tati - took the best pictures of my life with her expert tutelage! We rented a VW bug from Margarita as ISIS and took a ride on the wild side and to Punta Sur park - beautiful!!

We've had some of the most delicious food at The Lobster Shack and Le Chef for lunch and dinners at Guido's, Rolandi's and The Burger House.

I keep thinking each year that I'll want to go somewhere else instead but I keep finding fun things to do so we keep going back.

Because it's too far to swim if the ships drop anchor in the middle of the gulf. :rolleyes: Apparently, there are quite a few of us that like going to Cozumel. Nassau, on the other hand...........

Agreed! I thought it was beautiful. And easy to avoid on itinerary if you choose, unlike Nassau.

We used to go to Cozumel frequently 15-20 years ago.

We would rent a house, with cook and all, for however many family members were going. Loved Cozumel that way.

There are so many things to do on the mainland too, just take the ferry across

to Playa del Carmen.

It's not a place we would go to by cruise ship.

We just returned from a ten-day Western Caribbean on the Grandeur of the Seas that stopped in Cozumel. Having been there several times before, we just took a brief walk and returned to the ship to enjoy the empty pool area.

The point? We all do things for different reasons. On Cayman, we took a tender to the town (which we had visited several times) and again returned to the ship. We had a very relaxing time.

Our best stops, BTW, were Falmouth, Jamaica, which lots of people hate, and Labadee. In Falmouth we spent a couple of drizzly hours on a walking tour that had six food-tasting stops. We worth our money.

I've not been, that I can remember but I'm sure it isn't as bad as Belize. If a cruise I was on stopped there again, I'd merely stay on the ship.

Edited by Treven