Celebrity's website is the worst!

judyzoo

We all know this, but I just had to let some of my frustrations out by reminding everyone. I tried to book several of the ship’s excursions, but – as usual – every time I went back (even if I just looked at it and didn’t order anything) it insisted that I wait 20 minutes (not true – I tried after 20 minutes and still got the same idiotic message) and try again. Why? At this rate it could take me a week to book the excursions that I want. Why don’t they fix this abominable website? Don’t they care? Nothing on it works correctly. Okay; now I feel a little better. But I’m still frustrated.

• Thanks 1

It looks as if you are in Miami. isn't Celebrity's main office there?

Do us all a favor and give them a visit and ask why their website so so bad.

I just read a article where the cruise lines were concerned about lost revenue due to passengers not booking excursions thru them. It would help if they made it easier.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

• Like 1

Totally agree.....

I was in "my reservation" on their site and tried SEVERAL times to order a stateroom bar setup. Each time, the link took me back to my reservation and would not go to "place order".

Will NOT try again because I'm too disgusted.

Lost revenue. Lost revenue LOST REVENUE.....

Honestly I don't think the website is slowing Celebrity down too much. Their ships are all full and their stock and profit is at it's all time high. And at this time I really don't see any competitor taking Celebrities market share on the Modern Luxury niche.

No where to go but down? Doubt it and if so not anytime soon. But if they do slip it will not be due to an average cruise website.

I have been trying for 3 weeks to do the pre-cruise check-in.Each time I would get the info in and then everything would disappear and a picture of the ship would come on and it said they would be right back.... Finally I called the Captain's Club and after a 43 minute hold, she said we didn't have to check in, we could do it on ship. Then I said, "you must have heard how bad the web site is" and she said I was the first one to complain....Anyway, I will wait until we board to check in.

Are all other cruise lines website's this bad?? Or are we an exception to the rules?:(

This is true, we cruise with Celebrity, RCCL, NCL and Disney and the only website that doesn't work for us is Celebrity's.

This is true, we cruise with Celebrity, RCCL, NCL and Disney and the only website that doesn't work for us is Celebrity's.

With Holland America

Not perfect but certainly much better than Celebrity

And they sent us a nice email check in reminder that worked well

Are all other cruise lines website's this bad?? Or are we an exception to the rules?:(

With Holland America

Not perfect but certainly much better than Celebrity

And they sent us a nice email check in reminder that worked well

Other cruise lines websites are not perfect. They have some problems. But Celebrity's website it perfect! :rolleyes: That is perfectly problematic!!!

I understand that you can call to get things done. And I have. But the fact remains that you shouldn't have to do this so much of the time. It is apparent that they just don't care.

Edited by luv2trvlnow

I sent off an email to the UK customer service team a couple of weeks ago raising many of the problems listed. To be fair to them they responded within a working day accepting there was a problem known to both the UK and Miami office and stating a lot of work had been put into the website over the last couple of months. Obviously no sign it's yet to pay dividends so whether it's a whole new website or they are still beta testing time will tell.

They upgraded the Royal Caribbean website earlier this week. Now Chrome users are having trouble getting in. [no one could get in at first] They worked on it and someone posted that now you will need to clean out your history and cache and then reload and it will work. The update was to fix probelems users were having and make it more robust. LOL

I did that using Internet Explorer. However, going back and resetting all of the passwords for the sites I visit is a HUGE inconvenience. So, your question--is X the worst cruise website? No!!!! Not even close. :p

I am going Transatlantic in April on Connie. All I can say is that I had no problems whatsoever to complete my check-in process and to buy 3 shore excursions. The website was pretty responsive.

Edited by vovulya_49

The major problem is this website has been terrible for YEARS and nobody know's how to fix it.

I would have an IT person on this problem tomorrow or be answering to the new CEO by evening.

J.

Agree that the web site needs to give you the feeling that what you do will be handled correctly (and Celebrity's does not do this). In the last four years I have also cruised HAL, Princess and RCI. Of that group RCI's runs rings around Celebrity's and Celebrity's ranks 5th among that group.

I was looking to book a shore excursions and the write-ups are so minimal that it is impossible to figure out what you are buying.

Agree that the web site needs to give you the feeling that what you do will be handled correctly (and Celebrity's does not do this). In the last four years I have also cruised HAL, Princess and RCI. Of that group RCI's runs rings around Celebrity's and Celebrity's ranks 5th among that group.

I was looking to book a shore excursions and the write-ups are so minimal that it is impossible to figure out what you are buying.

That's certainly an area that could be improved on big style, there are also many excursions that don't have a single feedback rating which I find strange, there must be hundreds of people on just about every excursion every year so why are people not passing on their experiences the way they would on other prominent travel sites ?

Must be doing some website matinence today. I'm having issues checking out excursions, and now it says my reservation is being changed, please try again in 20 minutes. I'm in an excited state of vacation planning so it's been a long 20 minutes :D

Must be doing some website matinence today. I'm having issues checking out excursions, and now it says my reservation is being changed, please try again in 20 minutes. I'm in an excited state of vacation planning so it's been a long 20 minutes :D

It isn't maintenance. The 20 minute wait time is standard (and ridiculous). It happens every time that you back off too far from what you've been doing.

I just tried the on-line check-in. I would get so far and then click the "save and continue" button only to get their home page to search for a cruise or the error message or a blank page. I wrote them a very terse email. It is so frustrating.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Is Celebrity not trying to go after the next generation of cruisers? ...If they cannot do it electronically, I am thinking a better percentage will just flock to a site that will let them...No?

Maybe because they are filling the ships they don't care a this point? They know something we don't???

Things that make you go Hmmmmm:confused:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Is Celebrity not trying to go after the next generation of cruisers? ...If they cannot do it electronically, I am thinking a better percentage will just flock to a site that will let them...No?

Maybe because they are filling the ships they don't care a this point? They know something we don't???

Things that make you go Hmmmmm:confused:

I guess if you are sailing with full ships why would you care, if anything though it's the extras they are losing out on, Shore excursions, Speciality Dining packages, Beverage packages, but even then people can purchase when onboard. I have no idea what the percentage of passengers book online, it's certainly going to be lower with an older demographic customer base with many still more comfortable booking through a TA, certainly in the UK. However it's going to change year on year and as such they need to be upping their game, there really is no excuse these days when you can actually design your own website very easily. They would honestly be better off simplifying the site just now with fewer links until they get it right.

After many tries to get the website to work I learned the following.

First, don't try to navigate the Celebrity site with the Chrome browser if you have enhanced your privacy settings with add ons. You can get it to work as long as you do not have any ad blockers, or other privacy enhancements enabled. It just isn't as fast or reliable as IE with default security settings.

Second, once you go to the cruise planner do not leave it to explore the website for additional information. Stay in the cruise planner until you have booked everything you plan to book. If you want to explore options do it before signing in. Once you leave the cruise planner you have to log out and wait 20 minutes to get back in. A Celebrity rep told me it was a security feature.

I was only able to complete my online check in when I'd disabled all blocking software and anti-tracking software. I did my information in IE and then disabled the blockers on Chrome and was able to do my wife's information.

Celebrity doesn't have the only website that isn't fully compatible with with the differences between the major browsers. AdBlock for Chrome creates problems on a lot of sites. I found that it is best to disable it on all sites where I do transactions, and just keep it enabled for news and social sites that display ads.