Checked in mouth was

esper10

Hi we will be in a cruise for 2 weeks and mouth wash is a MUST. Can we have a small to medium size of bottle of mouth wash in the checked in bag? If not were should we have the taxi driver stop for us to pick up one near the F. Lauderdale cruise terminal?

Edited by esper10
Spelling

Hi we will be in a cruise for 2 weeks and mouth wash is a MUST. Can we have a small to medium size of bottle of mouth wash in the checked in bag? If not were should we have the taxi driver stop for us to pick up one near the F. Lauderdale cruise terminal?

TSA bottle sizes don't apply to what you bring on the ship. I bring big can of hairspray, and other items. No problem.

We always bring ours in its original container. No problem.

We always take a large bottle of mouthwash for on the ship but put it in your carryon. We made the mistake of putting it in our checked bag and the bag ended up in the naughty room. The bag was identified as having alcohol so we had to go down and open the bag to show them it was not.

We always take a large bottle of mouthwash for on the ship but put it in your carryon. We made the mistake of putting it in our checked bag and the bag ended up in the naughty room. The bag was identified as having alcohol so we had to go down and open the bag to show them it was not.

That is why we try to travel with a fresh bottle in our luggage that still has the seal around the cap. No one questions it.

That is why we try to travel with a fresh bottle in our luggage that still has the seal around the cap. No one questions it.

It doesn't matter what it is, sealed or not, all it takes is the poor guy staring at the x-ray machine checking the bags to flag it. Imagine you're that guy on Allure and have to view about 10K bags every Sunday. :eek:

I know that in the ship it need to be in the carry on bag my question is in the air port. Can I take it in the check in bag in the airplane?

Yes, you can put it in your checked bag for your flight, but not in your carry on.

Edited by Fouremco

Have been a "a few" cruises, and have taken two different bottles of mouthwash

in my checked bag on every cruise. Not once has the bag been flagged for it. :)

Now I have probably jinxed myself. :eek: :(

You can never tell. DW always brings her favourite shampoo in her checked bag when we fly to our port of embarkation. She'd never had a problem until two or three cruises ago when she was summoned to the naughty room. Although we doubt that it would become a common occurrence, she now transfers it to her carry on bag while in our hotel. Problem solved.

You can never tell. DW always brings her favourite shampoo in her checked bag when we fly to our port of embarkation. She'd never had a problem until two or three cruises ago when she was summoned to the naughty room. Although we doubt that it would become a common occurrence, she now transfers it to her carry on bag while in our hotel. Problem solved.

Wow...shampoo??!! :eek: Yikes, that was really stretching it by security

for sure. :( Was your cruise during Spring Break time frame? I have heard

they get much more picky during that time.

I got called down for wire hangers one time...yeah wire hangers!! When they

pulled up my bag after a long wait in line outside the naughty room, they took

one look at the Xray image and gave me the bag without opening it. I said,

"Really??!!" He just shrugged and said security made a mistake. From now on

I take plastic hangers. ;) :)

I know that in the ship it need to be in the carry on bag my question is in the air port. Can I take it in the check in bag in the airplane?

It does not have to be in your carry-on bag for the ship. There is just a remote chance it will be flagged for the naughty room, but even that is not a problem -- you just go fetch your bag from security, it's not actually against any rules.

It CANNOT be in your carry-on bag for the plane. It MUST BE CHECKED for the plane ride.

Just pack it in your checked bag for the plane ride and the ship both. It's not a problem that way.

Wow...shampoo??!! :eek: Yikes, that was really stretching it by security

for sure. :( Was your cruise during Spring Break time frame? I have heard

they get much more picky during that time.

I got called down for wire hangers one time...yeah wire hangers!! When they

pulled up my bag after a long wait in line outside the naughty room, they took

one look at the Xray image and gave me the bag without opening it. I said,

"Really??!!" He just shrugged and said security made a mistake. From now on

I take plastic hangers. ;) :)

Is was a two-week Celebrity Southern Caribbean cruise, hardly a Spring Break booze cruise. :)

The previous cruise (HAL) my bag had been flagged. No liquids at all, just an empty commuter coffee cup.

In neither case did we have to open out bags. We told them there was no liquor and to rifle through the contents to their hearts' content, but they demurred.

........mouthwash?.......O.K........This is what you do. Dump the "mouthwash" and fill the container with Vodka. Take a couple small drops of green food dye and place it in the vodka. take some thin plastic and wrap the top and then use a hair dryer to shrink wrap the top. Looks like a store bought container and YOU have some great "mouthwash" that you don't want to "rinse and spit"......;):D

........mouthwash?.......O.K........This is what you do. Dump the "mouthwash" and fill the container with Vodka. Take a couple small drops of green food dye and place it in the vodka. take some thin plastic and wrap the top and then use a hair dryer to shrink wrap the top. Looks like a store bought container and YOU have some great "mouthwash" that you don't want to "rinse and spit"......;):D

That's the way to do it.........

Is was a two-week Celebrity Southern Caribbean cruise, hardly a Spring Break booze cruise. :)

The previous cruise (HAL) my bag had been flagged. No liquids at all, just an empty commuter coffee cup.

In neither case did we have to open out bags. We told them there was no liquor and to rifle through the contents to their hearts' content, but they demurred.

Wow...you indeed caught some tough security. :eek:

• 11 months later...

Do what...learn to smuggle??!! :eek:

That gave me a good laugh. :D

That's weird. Shampoo has a completely different viscosity than any liquor and should show up darker/different on xray than a thinner liquid such as alcohol. I think most everyone has shampoo in their luggage. I do, and it's in smaller travel sized containers. In 24 cruises we've never had to go to the naughty room for anything.