Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

That looks like a big overhang. We are up there in a RS. Does it seem the overhang is larger than other ships or am I imagining it? Those coverings are driving me crazy!

What drove us nuts when trying to pick a cabin was that there seem to be very few that look down directly on to the sea. Most seem to have a 'prom' deck of some sort beneath them. We did ask Celebrity what was going to be below our cabin when we booked and they didn't seem to know. It is now clear that it is part of a prom. area - we are at the back on the starboard side. We were reassured that it would not be a noisy area whatever - and we have that in writing ;-)

I believe that this particular shipyard will meet or beat their schedule. They always do. The ship and its systems will be checked and re-checked multiple times and then again during and after sea trials. No need for me to bring my tools! But we do need to bring our patience and understanding on the first several cruises. The staff on board will be unfamiliar and learning new things, and just establishing their teams and approaches. That is where some passengers will no doubt start their complaints elsewhere on these boards. Bet on it!

We were on the Silhouette's first Med cruise in August 2011 and you should have read the reviews from that cruise. We thought we'd been on a different ship and just look at what a firm favourite she turned out to be !

WOW...THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

We did not have very much info when we booked our cruise, but seems we did okay...other than bed located by balc doors and being a bit close to the bump out..but I am happy with this location.

We have one more trip planned to Fla this year, but this is the biggie we are looking forward too....a big b-day Celebration.

Thanks again.

My cabin is 2 away from yours! Are you planning on doing a review? I would love to hear your thoughts on location, bed by balcony (same as mine), etc

Bed by the balcony might be nice if you like to keep open to ocean breezes at night... will have to wait and see.

I have a question for Lloyd. On facebook Edge group page someone has posted a recent photo of the ship that has me wondering. It show the aft portion of the ship with the series of round openings to 1A veranda cabins... but if you look up to deck 10 there appear to be two rectangular windows... which do not show up in any renderings of the ship. However, when I look at recent photos of the port side, I see those same two rectangular 'spots' for lack of a better term. Any idea what that is... are there side windows/veranda openings for two aft cabins on deck 10? I have tried blowing up the image, but it is too blurry to make out what it is (see your post #1919 and #1928 for the images). Actually your 1928 image appears to be a bit clearer... have they added a balcony on the side for this deck only? Just curious

My cabin is 2 away from yours! Are you planning on doing a review? I would love to hear your thoughts on location, bed by balcony (same as mine), etc

I always post my impressions...and sometimes a longer review but cannot post photos due to their size...CC has very small upload limits!

There will be alot to cover from embarkation to our planned walk off disembarkatiin but I will certainly share my thoughts...about the cabin including location, decor, cashmere mattress and bedding( allergy) , bed location, bathroom, Infinite balcony, views, storage, lighting, and technology from a non-techie viewpoint...

These cabins are AQ and we expect we will be in the Solarium, AQ cafe, Persian Gardens , gym and Relaxation room quite a bit, And of course the fabulous looking spa! Also will try the healthy lifestyle TV channel that's been mentioned.

Hope once everyone posts reviews and feedback, there will be alot of useful info out there about EDGE,

P,S. Bed by balc never our first choice so it will be interesting...and we won't keep the door and balc open even if we can ... those ocean breezes create bad air currents/ whoosing noises etc and other issues on other ships.

Bed by the balcony might be nice if you like to keep open to ocean breezes at night... will have to wait and see.

I have a question for Lloyd. On facebook Edge group page someone has posted a recent photo of the ship that has me wondering. It show the aft portion of the ship with the series of round openings to 1A veranda cabins... but if you look up to deck 10 there appear to be two rectangular windows... which do not show up in any renderings of the ship. However, when I look at recent photos of the port side, I see those same two rectangular 'spots' for lack of a better term. Any idea what that is... are there side windows/veranda openings for two aft cabins on deck 10? I have tried blowing up the image, but it is too blurry to make out what it is (see your post #1919 and #1928 for the images). Actually your 1928 image appears to be a bit clearer... have they added a balcony on the side for this deck only? Just curious

I’ve been watching those too - it doesn’t look like there is enough space for a cabin there on the deck plans - just a narrow white area next to the S1 - it would be great if it was part of the S1, but doubt it. It is weird. They have a round opening now in the same area of deck 7 which looks like it is in the same white, narrow area next to the S1. Maybe a storage area with windows? I don’t know, but enquiring minds want to know! :D

I’ve been watching those too - it doesn’t look like there is enough space for a cabin there on the deck plans - just a narrow white area next to the S1 - it would be great if it was part of the S1, but doubt it. It is weird. They have a round opening now in the same area of deck 7 which looks like it is in the same white, narrow area next to the S1. Maybe a storage area with windows? I don’t know, but enquiring minds want to know! :D

By the time this ship sales we will have studied every inch of publicly available info.... next step is to explore the ship to see how many of our guesses turn out to be correct. I do think it is an opening of some kind. If it were part of an S1 cabin... seems they would have given it a unique class S1A or something. Perhaps it is just a public veranda at the end or the hall.

By the time this ship sales we will have studied every inch of publicly available info.... next step is to explore the ship to see how many of our guesses turn out to be correct. I do think it is an opening of some kind. If it were part of an S1 cabin... seems they would have given it a unique class S1A or something. Perhaps it is just a public veranda at the end or the hall.

I noticed those openings too and the one on deck 7.

It's quite possible they are open for construction purposes and will be closed up, sealed off and painted when they’re done. No other model or conceptual picture of the Edge has these openings.

It's quite possible they are open for construction purposes and will be closed up, sealed off and painted when they’re done. No other model or conceptual picture of the Edge has these openings.

Good point, I did see that... but just assumed it was perhaps for the crew... Maybe you are correct about these being temporary... or the drawings are not intended to be exact representations. I was curious about the large openings on deck 10 because I recall someone specifically asking if they would have a port view from their S1 Cabin like some other classes of ships... and I for one said no based on deck plan and the drawings... Now I realize I should have kept quiet...

Ahhhh! Good thinking!

Good point, I did see that... but just assumed it was perhaps for the crew... Maybe you are correct about these being temporary... or the drawings are not intended to be exact representations. I was curious about the large openings on deck 10 because I recall someone specifically asking if they would have a port view from their S1 Cabin like some other classes of ships... and I for one said no based on deck plan and the drawings... Now I realize I should have kept quiet...

Quite frankly, I think the representations of the ship will turn out to be pretty accurate. And sadly, I don't believe any S1 suites on the aft of the Edge will have the beloved round windows of the S-class ships. I am hoping the outer wall space where those round windows should have been will actually be CLOSET space! 😁

Quite frankly, I think the representations of the ship will turn out to be pretty accurate. And sadly, I don't believe any S1 suites on the aft of the Edge will have the beloved round windows of the S-class ships. I am hoping the outer wall space where those round windows should have been will actually be CLOSET space! 😁

Cool, a window in my closet!! 😉

Sorry - don’t know how to get photo to show up in post. Maybe someone can open and add?

Here it is. It is puzzling. It's hard to tell if the bump outs are Luminae or the Salon/Relaxation Area (it's hard for me to tell which deck that is from this angle). I'm not sure if the CS's on 11 are under those? The decorative rail may be part of the scaffolding to work on the area, but does look a bit fancy for that. Another mystery to be solved....

enhance

I don’t know about the ship exactly matching the model/renderings. I started to obsess about the overhang yesterday and noticed this extra (decorative?) extension that I’d never seen before.

There are a lot of windows on the ship.

Perhaps it is a decorative scaffolding for the crew to stand on for cleaning.

There is a noticeable track in other pictures for a lower deck that will probably be for the automatic window cleaner, but it probably wouldn’t work around the contours in the front of the ship's upper decks.

These look great.. even a coffee bar...thanks for sharing.

Main concern for us will be parking arrangements and distance to check in from there. Hoping for a HUGE improvement!

I doubt they are moving the parking garage. Here's the current port map.

https://res.cloudinary.com/simpleview/image/upload/v1/clients/porteverglades/Port_Facilties_Map_UPDATED_August_5_2016_967fef41-99cb-400e-a99b-a0bbb8b935be.pdf

Looks like tracks for the window washing unit.

steamboats

I think you are on to something.... Unlike other ships with traditional balconies... the crew can not simply to out on the balcony and clean the windows and glass part of the railing... so they need a way to go on the outside to clean all this glass. I have seen rails on Royal ships to clean windows in the public areas... so perhaps that is what this is... however... I would expect the rails not to appear decorative but blend into the ship. So this could be just to protect construction crew and the window washing rails may be more subtle.... This speculating is fun.. I have never watched a ship being built. If you go on Pinterest there are a number of photos... fascinating to see the pieces come together. I wish they were organized by time... I assume someone will put together some kind of time lapse series of photos once it is all done

The image of the aft section of the ship shows a similar rail... looks less 'decorative' than in the other photo, probably due to the angle of the photo. Here it looks like where the construction crew is painting and or cleaning windows.... Here it blends in more than it looked in the earlier shot... so I assume this will be used to clean windows on an ongoing basis. Not sure I want that job! I put a link to photo... not sure it works... but look for recent photos of the aft and you will notice the track https://uniim1.shutterfly.com/ng/services/mediarender/THISLIFE/002062825799/media/123960441853/medium/1529582627/enhance

Thanks for the map.

I'm not that great with maps but for some of our Port Ev cruises, we were directed to drop off luggage at the ship, then had to back track to the midport garage..and then had to catch a shuttle bus and circle around again with our carryons to the ship...also a big fiasco at disembark.

Nothing about a new modern terminal would make up for those awful trips..but I do see a parking garage that looks closer..so maybe it will be the one assigned. Very hopeful there will be an improvement. I am sure they were aware of the past messes and snarls.