Live from Oosterdam 12 night Mexico from Vancouver

frankc98376

Waiting in our Pan Pacific room looking at Oosterdam below us. Going to be a crazy day downstairs with 3 ships in.

Bellman came to get our bags at 8 am and advised we head downstairs no later than 10:00. He said that lines were already starting at 8 am.

Based on internet access will update once on board. Hard to be so close yet so far away from our stateroom.

Won't let me edit the title line- have sent Mods a message to correct Oosterdam name

Oh, I so agree! It's been a long year without a cruise and I still have another year to go before the next one! I'm very jealous!!

Frank, I hope you and Loren have a great time!!

It was such a great time last year! I've got 3 cruises this year or would have been on this one. If we don't do the Med next year we will be on this one if they offer it again from Vancouver.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just docked in Victoria so tethered to my phone for internet.

Very glad we ignored emails and went down to the terminal at 10:00 yesterday. They sent us upstairs to a holding area with over 1000 chairs when we arrived as Oosterdam hadn't been cleared yet. There were about 20 of us brave souls sitting in the front of the huge empty room. After about 10 minutes the said the ship had cleared and we could proceed downstairs to security and check in. As Oosterdam pax didn't need to go through US Customs they had a separate security line with only one station (again SO glad we got there early). We cleared security, headed over to check in, and were onboard at 11:30.

Heard stories from other people in the afternoon about 2 plus hour waits in the terminal.

Will post more about the ship after we have breakfast,. In short Oosterdam is in GREAT- I'll say it again GREAT shape. Everything has been at 100% so far. More details to follow.

As I promised in another thread we have been looking for signs of rust or graffiti but so far no luck.

Our first NS since the refurb and we love it- they are beautiful ! The big TV is great however they had to come up and fix it- everyone had neon blue eyes and white hair and very blurred. When we came back before dinner all OK. New bathroom very nice- love the night light. Didn't notice until lights were off that the lights next to the bed have a very dim glow when dark. Was nice as made it easier to not run into furniture in the dark.

Neptune Lounge looks good with new colors. Concierge team is excellent.

Love, love, love the new Lido Market look- what an improvement! Soft colors and great flooring.

Dinner in the PG was amazing as always- great server and the steak was perfect. Manager Arlin is on top of things and is treating us like we are family. Hoping she stays at HAL and we get to sail with her in the future. Was great being back at our Honeymoon table again

Stopped in to say hi to Copper this morning on our way ashore and promised we'd behave :D. Hoping we can get together for dinner one evening.

Our PCC is on the ship until San Diego and hoping she can join us one evening in PG at dinner.

According to the Mariner site I will hit 100 actual nights on Thursday so may get the first Medallion at the Mariner reception on Friday. Not sure if they do it that way. Should also jump to 4 star after this cruise so looking forward to the new benefits..

Have met many CC folks on board already. Supposed to be an informal get together at Seaview for sailaway today. After several glasses of bubbly, cocktails, more cocktails, and a bottle of wine with dinner no way I would have made the sailaway last night at 11 pm. Even if I did make it probably would not have been pretty.

Great crew so far and always smiling- hats off to the Oosterdam HD. Happy crew means good management in my book

More to follow- tomorrow is Astoria Oregon.

Question, if you get time. Is there a laundry room or will we have to have laundry done thru the ship? We're on a 12 night next September, with a couple of nights pre-cruise. TIA

No self service laundry on board- you will need to send it in. If in a Neptune or Pinnacle Suite it is free. Otherwise I believe $20 per bag or buy unlimited laundry only for I believe $7 per day (Need to buy entire cruise length.

Our first NS since the refurb and we love it- they are beautiful ! The big TV is great however they had to come up and fix it- everyone had neon blue eyes and white hair and very blurred. When we came back before dinner all OK. New bathroom very nice- love the night light. Didn't notice until lights were off that the lights next to the bed have a very dim glow when dark. Was nice as made it easier to not run into furniture in the dark.

Neptune Lounge looks good with new colors. Concierge team is excellent.

Love, love, love the new Lido Market look- what an improvement! Soft colors and great flooring.

Dinner in the PG was amazing as always- great server and the steak was perfect. Manager Arlin is on top of things and is treating us like we are family. Hoping she stays at HAL and we get to sail with her in the future. Was great being back at our Honeymoon table again

Stopped in to say hi to Copper this morning on our way ashore and promised we'd behave :D. Hoping we can get together for dinner one evening.

Our PCC is on the ship until San Diego and hoping she can join us one evening in PG at dinner.

According to the Mariner site I will hit 100 actual nights on Thursday so may get the first Medallion at the Mariner reception on Friday. Not sure if they do it that way. Should also jump to 4 star after this cruise so looking forward to the new benefits..

Have met many CC folks on board already. Supposed to be an informal get together at Seaview for sailaway today. After several glasses of bubbly, cocktails, more cocktails, and a bottle of wine with dinner no way I would have made the sailaway last night at 11 pm. Even if I did make it probably would not have been pretty.

Great crew so far and always smiling- hats off to the Oosterdam HD. Happy crew means good management in my book

More to follow- tomorrow is Astoria Oregon.

Since you will be achieving 100 sea days during this cruise, you should get your copper medal at the ceremony. Check with the Concierge and get them to verify that you will indeed achieve 100 days and see if you can get your metal while on the cruise.

Social call or a condition of your parole? ;)

Sounds like you have a great group of people onboard this trip. I'm very jealous.

Since you will be achieving 100 sea days during this cruise, you should get your copper medal at the ceremony. Check with the Concierge and get them to verify that you will indeed achieve 100 days and see if you can get your metal while on the cruise.

I believe that it's officially known as a "bronze" medallion. However, if Frank can get a photo of his copper medal with Copper Jon in the picture, that's pretty much the best cruise photo ever.

I believe that it's officially known as a "bronze" medallion.

It was a 'copper' medallion from the time it was first introduced. At some point HAL publicity started referring to it as a 'bronze' medallion, but it sure looks like the same copper medallion to me.

In any case, it's always a question of how much of the mentioned metal is actually in the medallion! (I think none, but what do I know about it)