Diamond Plus benefits changed or cut

Has anyone recently noticed changes or cutbacks to Diamond Plus Benefits onboard compared to the website. On Navigator they have removed access to the Concierge Lounge and reserved theatre seating is for gold cards only. The seating area reserved is where my usual seat for shows is located. And the internet is now a discount but does not add up to 20%.

Not that I'm aware. Now lot of ships are changing Suite Lounge instead of Concierge Lounge, that one Diamond Plus can't go in. But not sure if Navigator has changed yet. I still use the free days of Internet or apply those days to a package on board same as last yr. No changes otherwise...

Definitely loss of benefits for Diamond Plus

1. Concierge Lounges to Suite Lounges

2. Elimination of reserved seating in theater

3. Balcony discount becoming worthless because of their so called sales

4. BOGO Specialty Restaurant 1st & 2nd night now available to all

5. Free 2 day internet almost eliminated but was rescinded because of backlash

6. Small bottles of wine removed from gift preferences

Feel free to add to list

Access to Concierge lounge on Navigator is only limited on the current TA. We had access last week. The TA has over 1000 Diamond and above.
We were on the Brilliance TA with also 1000+ diamond and above. The Concierge lounge was available to Diamond+ on our cruise. I believe I only went in there 4 times over 16 days.

Brilliance opened up the large Colony Club for Diamond events every night between 5pm - 830pm with a different theme. Fantastic job!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

... Brilliance opened up the large Colony Club for Diamond events every night between 5pm - 830pm with a different theme. Fantastic job! ...

Sounds just like the TA we shared from Barcelona in 2016. Who was the Hotel DIrector?

Definitely loss of benefits for Diamond Plus

1. Concierge Lounges to Suite Lounges

2. Elimination of reserved seating in theater

3. Balcony discount becoming worthless because of their so called sales

4. BOGO Specialty Restaurant 1st & 2nd night now available to all

5. Free 2 day internet almost eliminated but was rescinded because of backlash

6. Small bottles of wine removed from gift preferences

Feel free to add to list

We have continued to sit in the reserved area in the Theater and icerink, it does say for Gold cards but the crew told us it was still allowed for D+.

We're on the Explorer in the TP now. There are no cuts in benefits for us as D+ members. We can use the CL or the DL during the day but because of the large number of D and above members on-board the nightly drinks are in the Star lounge. Service is good in there

Breakfast is still available in the DL or CL with an overflow lounge next to the DL and there is a reserved section in the DR

Still have 2 full days free internet as well as the equivalent amount off a package- $39.

BOGO we've been able to use on any of the first 7 nights. We have reserved seating in the theatre - we used it last night and they were checking the cards

We haven't had an ice show yet but have been informed we will have a special performance for D and above as well as priority seating at normal shows and we've had invitations to the 3 events - backstage, galley and bridge

D+ privileges are alive and kicking on this ship

On Navigator they have removed access to the Concierge Lounge and reserved theatre seating is for gold cards only. The seating area reserved is where my usual seat for shows is located. And the internet is now a discount but does not add up to 20%.

Other than a very short trial a few weeks ago, the internet discount was never a % off but a fixed amount (regardless of the length of cruise). When the prices went up in Jan, the discount followed. The $46 discount for D+ on Navigator is correct.

The CL access and other issues are just for this sailing, due to the high number of D and up C&A members.

Biker, who overheard a D+ member requesting a full refund of his fare at GS due to the "cuts" in benefits.

Has anyone recently noticed changes or cutbacks to Diamond Plus Benefits onboard compared to the website. On Navigator they have removed access to the Concierge Lounge and reserved theatre seating is for gold cards only. The seating area reserved is where my usual seat for shows is located. And the internet is now a discount but does not add up to 20%.

So you know they made some changes just for your cruise:rolleyes:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=55901449#post55901449

Sounds just like the TA we shared from Barcelona in 2016. Who was the Hotel DIrector?
Leslie still talks about that Vision TA...

The Brilliance TA I just got off of reminded me on that. There were no reductions to Diamond Plus benefits.

They also handed out Champaign as we boarded.

It didn't have our favorite Captain Marek though...

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Leslie still talks about that Vision TA...

The Brilliance TA I just got off of reminded me on that. There were no reductions to Diamond Plus benefits.

They also handed out Champaign as we boarded.

It didn't have our favorite Captain Marek though...

Captain Marek would be hard to beat.:)

Adrian Theoduro.

Two days internet was available for D+.

Due to the number of D and above, the BOGO rules were relaxed to allow use of the "get one" on any day of the cruise.

M&M was very well attended and the drawing prizes were probably the best I've ever seen, number and value.

Last sea day there was a special luncheon for CC guests---very nicely done, Tisdale was flowing.

As Beachammo noted, DL, CL and Colony Club were open to D and above for evening event. Colony Club was packed each night until departures for first seating. They set up a drink table at the entrance to the Colony Club and handed out drinks. Officers were on hand to greet you as you entered. Colony Club was decorated each night. We had some rough seas so one night the dec included life jackets.

Rough seas ended up costing two ports in Ireland: Dublin and Waterford. We did an overnight in Cobh.

We had the good fortune of having Bill Netro organizing tours (though it meant a lot of extra work for him once the ports were cancelled) and Kate Bradley who put together and maintained a marvelous website for CC roll call members.

We are on the Serenade TA right now and are being treated well. Like other Radiance class ships we D+s still have access to Concierge lounge. Because of the high numbers of Diamonds and Diamond Pluses the overflow lounge the large Safari Room on 6 aft is open every night with excellent service

Bob, where is Captain Johnny now? He was always our favorite years ago on Freedom.

He is on break right now, but can be found on Harmony when he returns. He has been playing golf in Florida for the last few weeks.

He is on break right now, but can be found on Harmony when he returns. He has been playing golf in Florida for the last few weeks.

Thanks!

I hope he will be still be on Harmony when I board end of next year? He is a lot of fun and has a great sense of humor! :cool: Is he still riding his "Harley"? ;)

Thanks!

I hope he will be still be on Harmony when I board end of next year? He is a lot of fun and has a great sense of humor! :cool: Is he still riding his "Harley"? ;)

He has his Harley for on land and a electric two wheeled device for on the ship. He no longer gets to ride his scaled down gas one. I was tweeting with him and he should be on Harmony in Late October/November. He is my favorite, hands down.

I'm sailing on Explorer in Aug with a new cruiser. Will she be able to sit with me in the reserved gold section of the theaters/ice rink? I'm diamond plus.

I would think not. The benefits are not transferable or sharable.