RevNeal LIVE! From the ms Prinsendam

RevNeal

Oh Rev Neal, I'm so happy to hear that you too love our favorite ship..I too was beginning to feel a little disappointed after reading some of the negative posts about her..The Prinsendam reminds me of an elegant, smaller & older European Hotel, which we stayed in during the 60's & 70's...

Aren't those walk=in closets & bathrooms fantastic!

We also found the crew to be exceptional & hope that we'll be able to sail on her again..

Thanks for letting us follow you on your wonderful journey & hope you all have a fantastic cruise..

Cheers....:)Betty

Greg: Thanks for the report. I will follow this report with bated breath. My next 3 are the Eurodam, Nieuw Amsterdam and Amsterdam. The only Vista Class I have not been on is the NOORDAM and I have never been on the Princendam. I hope to sail her some day.

Thanks so much for posting, RevNeal. Love it.

I'm so envious. We did a similar itinerary on her two years ago and loved it with Capt. Gunderson. I've been on this ship five times and have yet to cruise with Capt. Albert on the Prinsendam, although I believe he was our captain on a Veendam 30 day Canal/Amazon cruise in 2005 or 2006. Excuse me, but time passes so quickly as one gets older...........:rolleyes:

We'll not be onboard her again until next May, making it my 6th voyage and DH's 5th as we met on his first. Ah yes, the Prinsendam is the LOVE boat. :D

Cheers and look forward to your postings. We too have been concerned about some recent postings and some of our problems on our last cruise (minor, but annoying if you want to sleep under the broken Lido door in high seas.) So, I guess we're just curious if both of the doors to the deck outside on the Lido are now working. :confused:

And RevNeal, I don't know that you'll have time to go to all of your fan's replies, but just in case, just curious if Thom, Tina and Frank are on board as CD, future cruise consultant, and port lecturer???? What a bunch of crazies if they are...............

ENJOY!!!!

Greg: What a delight to find your report from the Prinsendam today! Thanks for sharing your experience thus far with the rest of us. Looking forward to future reports whenever you have the time (and the ship can communicate with the satellite somewhere over Ecuador ;-)

Greg-I was happy to learn that you are enjoying the Prinsendam and like her as much or more than we do! I wish that we were onboard with you, Mary Ellen & Karl and arzz and her DH. It sounds like you will have a fantastic cruise. Please continue to keep us posted on the events and adventures!

I look forward to reading your reports RevNeal. The Prinsendam is a beautiful ship. Here's a couple of pictures I took of the Prinsendam last December: 1) from the Statendam at Half Moon Cay and 2) from the Statendam as we were leaving Port Everglades.

2407836800063342928S600x600Q85.jpg

2521901960063342928S600x600Q85.jpg

Thanks for taking us all along with you.

We were on the Prinsendam last year on our second cruise and we enjoyed every moment of it.

My husband reads Captain Albert's blog but I get a little cranky when he tells me where the ship is each day.:rolleyes:

Looking forward to any postings you are able to make.

I cannot even imagine they would build a smaller ship.

I agree they will NEVER Build one, but Carnival Corp. might take one of the Seabourn ships and move it over to HAL? The Prinsendam does have a loyal following..........Carol

Greg: Two Questions

2. Who is the CD on your cruise?

As reported in the other thread from the ship, the Cruise Director is Thom Faulkner. He was the CD on the Prinsendam when I did this cruise, and he was very, very good at his job. His wife was then, and is now, the Future Cruise Consultant aboard.

I agree they will NEVER Build one, but Carnival Corp. might take one of the Seabourn ships and move it over to HAL? The Prinsendam does have a loyal following..........Carol

I have thought that maybe they might use the new Seabourn Odyssey and Sojourn as a template and with a tweak here and a tweak there make a new generation Prinsendam.

I have thought that maybe they might use the new Seabourn Odyssey and Sojourn as a template and with a tweak here and a tweak there make a new generation Prinsendam.

Wish you were in charge at HAL!!!!

Archived