LAFFNVEGAS Says Aloha LIVE from the MS Oosterdam

LAFFNVEGAS

Yes, the 11/12 is to Hawaii (11/17 - 11/20).

I can't tell you about the sailing, but I know typically November is a nice month to visit. Our real rainy season doesn't start until sometime after the New Year (although this year we've had a fair amount of rain).

A good part about Hawaii is when it rains, it doesn't last long. In fact, I don't really know a single person who owns a rain jacket or umbrella. If you get caught in the rain, you just get wet. By the time you get a jacket or umbrella out the rain has stopped.

Oh O'ahu, where I live, the ship docks in Honolulu at Aloha Tower or a pier close by. It's one of the last places on the island that gets rain if it rains. Often, people from Central, North, or Windward (East) sides of the island go to Waikiki because they know it's probably going to be dry. It's not as dry as where I live (Ewa/Leeward), but Waikiki almost always has sun. Same with Pearl Harbor. In fact, we're under a flood watch until tomorrow night and we haven't had even a drop of rain all day. The Windward side, I'm sure is drenched. LOL

I think the High for November should be about 85 and the Lows in the high 70's.

A good place to check would be http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/category/202017/weather

Hawaii News Now also has an app for your smart phone where you can get the news and weather.

Weather channel also has an app and you can put in Honolulu, Kona, Hilo, Lahaina, etc.

Saturday November 5, 2011

Hola from Ensenada Mexico.

This will wll be last report from the ship. It has been an amazing 15 days and while we are almost packed I am a bit sentamental. I want to go home to see our Son and our Pets and return to work but another part of me feels like I belong here on the Oosterdam. To think back about the first few days on the ship it feels like it was months ago. We pretty much were settled into a routine for these past 6 Sea Days.

Today and this evening was a busy day. Although I woke up at 8 am I decided to roll over nad go back to sleep. There is something about the rocking of the ocean (of which we were still doing a lot this morning) just makes for good sleeping so I wanted to take advantage of it. While yes I also would not be able to go to the Spa the sleeping with the rocking motion would also not be there so chose sleep.

Spent the morning relaxing and getting ready so we could go to the Suite Luncheon at Noon in the Crow's Nest. It was very good and the Pinnacle Manager was pleased at the turn out because this ship doe not do Suite Luncheons since it only up till this cruise did only 7 day voyage so this was a first for many of the crew. It was as good as the ones I remembers from years past. After the Suite lunch I ran to my room to grab my computer to take it up to the Lido where the WiFi reception was better to sign into SW so we could get out A seat assignment. We did pretty well despite not being right on the 24 hour mark but rather about 30 minutes late. I went back to the cabin to grab my camera so we could see the Sea Trials of the Ship Building Contest. Of course Lynn aka Cruisnetta won :)

Afterward we came back to the cabin to relax and read, then about 4, Joel and Bonnie came up to the cabin and we sat around talking for an hour. They left and we started to pack, basically had most of the packing done before we met them for dinner in the Pinnacle. Sher was not feeling that great she was feeling on the edge of getting motion sick and felt the Pinnacle was be too heavy so her and Bob npassed so it was just Joel and Bonnie and Tom and I. Lots of laughes were had with lots of fun teasing back and forthe between Joel and Dave Shea our cruise Director who was also dining in the Pinnacle. Trust me there are alwasy laughes with Joel even when he is not on stage. He might just be back on the Oosterdam in January for a couple of weeks and he might and this is a big might be on board the week before Christmas. When I hear more I will let you know.

After dinner we headed down to the Vista Show Lounge to see Matilda, and yes I love Matilda she is great!!!! And of course so is Patrick Murray who supplies her voice. ;)

WOW I can feel the ship moving, we are leaving Ensenada, we are heading to San Diego.

I want to say Mahalo and Thanks for following my Live from the Oosterdam. It has been a very fun 15 days. Hard to believe we have been here for a half of a month. Which really makes it sound like a long time. We have now cruise 190 days on HAL and 78 days of those 190 were here on the Oosterdam which is why we have always called the Oosterdam our Home Away from Home. The 190 days are real HAL days and our Mariner Days are now at about 222 so we will finally officially be 4 Star Mariners.

I hope to have pictures uploaded within the next week and those that are friends on Facebook will probably see them first.

Signing off one last time form the Beautiful MS Oosterdam as we make our way to San Diego California.

Lisa,

Thank you for all the reports of your cruise.

Was there a Baked Alaska Parade the last evening of the cruise?

Congratulations on becoming 4 Star Mariners.

Greetings from the San Diego Airport, we are waiting for our flight that will be on about 45 minutes.

No there was no Baked Alaska Parade I believe that tradition is gone. Should be interesting with what comes out next but I heard No singing and Dancing :)

Greetings from the San Diego Airport, we are waiting for our flight that will be on about 45 minutes.

No there was no Baked Alaska Parade I believe that tradition is gone. Should be interesting with what comes out next but I heard No singing and Dancing :)

Thank you for your reply.

Home at last, we have unpacked, luggage as been put away, have a load of laundry washing. Just a few odds and ends that I need to put away and I have also started to go thru the mail and pay bills on line.

Hopefully in the next day or two or who knows maybe later tonight I may upload my pictures.

What happened to the WAVE today?

There was no plan for a Wave today partly because it was not know if I would get home in time. I normally do not offer to do them on our travel days.

Welcome home Lisa,

I've never been on a 2 week cruise. Do you pack for 2 weeks or have some of your clothes washed on the ship?

Fortunately I knew right before we left that the Upgrade Fairy waved her magic wand so knew we had free laundry so I did not quite pack enough for 2 full weeks and did send some items out but I am kind of weird about my sneding out my under garments to be laundered and have never sent them out and just always packed enough. Fortunately only need to do a couple of loads.

Now need to think about what I can pick up at the grocery store, not much in the house:o

Archived