Celebrity Website Issues (Several Threads Merged)

Aloha 1

Darn! I have been trying for 2-3 weeks and was hoping the latest post would work. Unfortunately it didn't! :(

I am still getting the "we are unable to process your request" message.

Me too, had my hopes up, but still get the same message that I cannot book any excursions until I make a deposit on the cruise. :mad: :rolleyes: I could see everything, but it won't let me book anything.

I've been trying for a couple of weeks, off and on, to look through Celebrity's 2014 cruises for something interesting to book. I can't get past the "book a cruise" or "find a cruise" tabs. The web site either comes up with a blank page or shows me the Thanksgiving promotion (but of course the "find a cruise" tab doesn't work on that page either). I'm using an iMac and an iPad, same results on both. Does time of day matter? Any other ideas?

Are the cruise gods telling me to try Princess instead?

I get the same results as you when on my iPad, but have success when using my desktop computer (a Dell)

I get the same results as you when on my iPad, but have success when using my desktop computer (a Dell)

Thanks for the tip. I could not access shore excursions on my iPad or iMac but I can on the desk top HP. I guess Celebrity doesn't get along with Apple.

Captain's Club said it was the "My Celebrity" portal that was broke. I just did 2 On Line check ins that went smoothly. Select "Already booked" - pick online check in - then put in res # etc. When the next page comes up, right under the Celebrity logo, there is another tab "My Reservation". If you click on that, you can get into shore excursions, etc. This is a work-around that Captains Club told me to use until they get My Celebrity fixed. Hope this helps as it worked for me.

Thanks, Christine. I was able to get into everything on my reservation using IE9, but the charges were not all correct. Everything seems to be correct when I go in this way.

My son said he was on the Royal Caribbean site to peruse Alaska for next summer. Every category on one cruise was listed at over $1 million. I told him to book us too. LOL.

Edited by Glendakayself

My reservations have disappeared. It's telling me I have no reservations. Sure hope they get their act together soon.

Don't hold your breath.:rolleyes:

BTW, Sundays are notoriously bad as they do maintenance, the other days are almost as bad because they failed to do anything as they do not work on Sundays.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

Connections Party web site for Celebrity still disabled:mad: .Getting error message at 6 AM Sunday ,Nov 17 ,2013 . Many many times tried to register to no avail

IMHO Xs IT dept continues to try patching the holes that have been created in a bad web design & every time they patch some other things fail :mad:

More people need to phone Celebrity /RCL corporate offices to complain other wise the horrific web site problems will persist .Hate to be so pessimistic ;but ,this has been going on for years with Xs web site on again off again . Phone & bug Michael Bailey or his office until they get the idea that their sales & profits WILL SUFFER :eek:

Now I am unable to login to My Celebrity to view my reservations. Was able to do so earlier this week. Sheesh! This is getting impossible.

Are the software engineers changing code in the application environment instead of their development environment? That is not the way that you do software engineering. Come on, they obviously need some configuration management.

No kidding...when I was designing our corporate finance website, I worked in Development with an "under construction" message for anyone trying to access. Basic!

I get the same longgggg message when I try to access to join the CC party and sent the whole message directly to them...that was a few weeks ago, so nothing yet.

Edited by oceangoer2

Phone & bug Michael Bailey or his office until they get the idea that their sales & profits WILL SUFFER :eek:

I would venture that corporate knows all about the website issues and doesn't really care. They have TAs who do most of their bookings and others book over the phone.

The >40 crowd is just as comfortable booking through alternate methods - and those are Celebrity's targeted audience. Until the highly tech savvy crowd becomes their target audience and as long as bookings continue, they won't fix the website. The ROI just isn't there.

Don't know, but I wonder if Carnival or Disney have such horrible websites?

I would venture that corporate knows all about the website issues and doesn't really care. They have TAs who do most of their bookings and others book over the phone.

The >40 crowd is just as comfortable booking through alternate methods - and those are Celebrity's targeted audience. Until the highly tech savvy crowd becomes their target audience and as long as bookings continue, they won't fix the website. The ROI just isn't there.

Carole you will know when they care when the top & bottom line falls & the top execs get canned :eek:.That's when the rubber meets the road. Could that actually happen .Of course it can & does especially in a recession when the hospitality industry gets heavily impacted.:rolleyes:

No kidding...when I was designing our corporate finance website, I worked in Development with an "under construction" message for anyone trying to access. Basic!

I get the same longgggg message when I try to access to join the CC party and sent the whole message directly to them...that was a few weeks ago, so nothing yet.

I did the same thing a week ago.........still waiting and no response

Whoa....back up the horse... Me and most of friends well over 40 but certainly prefer the speed and efficiency of a well organized and working website.

Especially, with old age hearing and hearing aids, lousy phone connections are a drag.

Just MHO

Finally, after two weeks, just able to register for Connections party (I hope).

Last night, all of my reservations disappeared from Celebrity's site. Must have been some type of maintenance :confused::confused::confused:

Whoa....back up the horse... Me and most of friends well over 40 but certainly prefer the speed and efficiency of a well organized and working website.

Especially, with old age hearing and hearing aids, lousy phone connections are a drag.

Just MHO

No insult intended as I am >55 and a programmer by profession! I do realize that many are tech savvy (my Mother at 82 just got her first iPad and is burning up the internet), but the fact is that the younger folk grew up not knowing anything BUT the internet, iPhones, video games and the like. If I asked my kids to book a cruise NOT on the web, I think they'd not even know where to start.

I work for a company that doesn't value the web and its possibilities. Short sighted if you ask me, but things will only change when management give up their outdated ideas......and that includes Celebrity!

Edited by CaroleSS

Last night, all of my reservations disappeared from Celebrity's site. Must have been some type of maintenance :confused::confused::confused:

The site is working wonderfully for me today. I hope it lasts.:D

I have also been trying for a couple of weeks to register for my Connections Party. Just tried again after reading your post and got the same error page as most people are receiving.

Is anyone able to hold search for a specific cabin that they know is available and put it on courtesy hold? Every time I try it says cabin is not available but I know it is

Cheers

Call Captains Club:). I call them even when the website is working. Lol. I don't fight with the website - no patience

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Called Captain's Club today as after 2 weeks our recent Solstice cruise did not show up in the history (this will bring us to Elite status).

The nice lady advised that the system had so far been unable to update history/tier credits for that complete sailing - and that the computer guys were working on it. So I said "yet another problem for them to solve ..."

If you navigate to an incorrect page on celebrity's web site, you get a nicely created page saying "we're sorry Page not found". They then go on to say "to navigate away from this error page, click here.....Celebrity Cruises web site.

You've probably guessed....

If you click on that field (celebrity cruises web site), you get......We're sorry Page not found.

You can't make this stuff up.....