Where did you end up after the Captain's Club Shuffle?

kelmac

What Captain's Club Category are you in?  

573 members have voted

1. 1. What Captain's Club Category are you in?

• I'm not a member of the Captain's Club
    • I'm in Preview
    • I'm in Classic
    • I'm in Select
    • I'm in Elite
    • I'm in Elite Plus
    • I'm in Zenith

We were Select with 6 points, still Select. Had thought that after our next booked cruise we would only have 1 more to go before we reached Elite. Now it appears we will need 2 after our next booked cruise. Oh well, the extra perks would have been nice but we don't cruise for the perks alone. If I had booked this next cruise in Concierge like we have for the last couple, we would have been much closer.

Can you please explain your "calculations"?

Just over a year ago I was told 35 individuals by the head of the Captains Club. Recently I did hear there were 100 from the top cruiser in the fleet.

By your calculations how many have over 4500 points (150 credits under the old system)?

How many points do you have now?

Like Santa, we built a list over the years. Have 34 on our list,( not including those no longer on the list.) Know of many who are quite close and will get to Zenith soon. Now, please remember some of these passengers were not top cruisers on various cruises, so we are taking their word for there point totals. Over 4500 not exactly sure, but our list would suggest 10ish by now. Only in the 2000's, but we haven't retired, yet.

I'm where I was before. I was select with 7 points (1-2 cruises away from Elite) and am Select with 240 now (still 1-2 cruises away from Elite). It was going to be 2 cruises anyway for us because we are just booked in a FV on our next cruise (12 nights) and will still need another cruise to bump us up.

For us, the status really doesn't matter. We choose cruises based on itinerary. Anything else is just a bonus. We're not joiners so the happy hour and events of that nature really don't interest us and while the free laundry and internet will be nice once we get there, if I can't afford the let's say $100 that paying for those myself will cost me, I really shouldn't be taking the cruise anyway.

Like Santa, we built a list over the years. Have 34 on our list,( not including those no longer on the list.) Know of many who are quite close and will get to Zenith soon. Now, please remember some of these passengers were not top cruisers on various cruises, so we are taking their word for there point totals. Over 4500 not exactly sure, but our list would suggest 10ish by now. Only in the 2000's, but we haven't retired, yet.

Can you email me your list (q45_i30 at yahoo dot com)?

My family of four all have over 4500 points.

Is my family on your list?

Thanks in advance.

What's a "joiner"??

Hi, it is probably someone who doesn't "join in" on things.....activites

on board the ship (trivia, culinary demos, etc) or Capt's Club events.

Hi, it is probably someone who doesn't "join in" on things.....activites

on board the ship (trivia, culinary demos, etc) or Capt's Club events.

Thanks Lois! It was a rhetorical question. I knew the answer, but wanted to engage the OP in a conversation about it. I thought I might be able to talk them into being a "joiner"! :p Cruises are alot more fun when doing things with new friends!

Thanks Lois! It was a rhetorical question. I knew the answer, but wanted to engage the OP in a conversation about it. I thought I might be able to talk them into being a "joiner"! :p Cruises are alot more fun when doing things with new friends!

Ahhh ok...sorry:o...I should have realized it was rhetorical.:eek:

We became Elite with 10 points after our last cruise (11 nights in CC) in Sept 2013 and now have exactly 300 new points. We are anxious to enjoy our new status during our next cruise (13 nights TA in CC, next April).

Like everybody, we heard the rumors and were concerned that the new system could happen before our September cruise and would prevent us to reach the Elite level as planned. However, if it had happened before, we would now be at 320 new points (8 x 30, plus 25 bonus points, plus 55 new points for our Sept cruise) but we are just happy that we remain Elite as planned.

I understand that some people are unhappy that their planning made before the new system was announced didn't realized as expected because the rules changed "during the game". Some kind of transition period for cruises booked before November 25th 2013 and taken, lets say, before May 25th, 2014 would be welcome. I am suggesting something like 10 or 15 bonus point per cruise, in addition to the new point system. That should be sufficient for most of the people having short cruises already booked for the purpose of reaching a new status before a longer upcoming cruise.

In spite of some disappointment for the people with booked cruises, I think that the new system is in agreement with most of the critics expressed in this forum: lack of higher levels over Elite, too easy to reach the Elite level with short cruises in CC or Aqua.

Taking into account that a reward system is nothing else than a marketing tool to incitate customers to remain loyal to a given company and to purchase the more expensive items (longer cruises in more expensive cabins), I think that Celebrity was very successful with an improved program for most of their customers without downgrading anyone and awarding some bonus points to those who were close to the existing top tier. The only aspect they missed is the absence of a transition period for people having previously booked cruises.

Edited by vivi9909

Wow! Was not expecting so many comments on "joiner" :) LOL

I'll explain myself a little...

When DH and I go on vacation, we just tend to spend time together. Lois R was right when she said that we won't take part in the trivia, etc. And if Port Royal meant better things to do as "couple time" then yeah, we do have some "better things to do a lot of the time". Ha! If we are doing separate things, I may stop by and watch some game or see a show, but don't do it often.

Now, when I travel with friends, that is different! There we go to the CC meet up, we might play a game, etc. It's just a different vibe!

I am way more of a social butterfly (I tend to be the type of person that ends up making friends anywhere- i.e. on our last cruise together, DH was sick on a day we had an excursion planned to a glacier so I went by myself and ended up making some brazilian friends bc I heard them speaking portuguese so I just walked up to them and asked where they were from and then we ended up seeing each other all over the ship and ports etc) than DH is and we both tend to take over rather than join. We're both the type of people who will join a club or group and then practically instantly become board members, etc.

Edited by Syrreal

Cancel one of them, rebook it and pick up the 25 pt. bonus....

In our case. We booked a cruise for May 30th 2014 awhile back. We had already booked A1 rooms. And did get a very good price. I did the math and it would cost us a extra $576 per cabin with this new promo. The only bonus would be the 25 points for each of us. As we are both Elite plus now. Just not worth it for a 7 day cruise with 1160 points to get to the next level. Richard

Edited by bigbenboys
change wording

Elite Plus...but...as mentioned...if we're lucky...we will be cruising in the Zenith Class on the other side of where ever we end up!!!! :eek: Happy that it appears no one lost any thing...and some gained some extra laundry and internet minutes! And some other discounts as well! Thanks X...LuAnn

Cancel one of them, rebook it and pick up the 25 pt. bonus....

Are you saying my TA can cancel our transatlantic cruise for next year, rebook it and I can pick up 25 more points? Somewhere I think I read that's for a limited time?

We are select with 9 points and so it was only going to take us one more cruise to reach elite -- either way -- with or without the change in program. We have a CC for 8 nights in the spring -- that ought to do it. :)We will probably not ever get to the elite plus and have virtually no chance of hitting the Zenith level. I am happy with getting to the Elite status, though.

We were in Classic before and are still in Classic with 60 points, but we're now substantially farther away from getting to the next level. I'm a bit frustrated with the changeover, as we are booked on a cruise in January (well past final payment) for which we booked AQ in part to get the two loyalty points. Now we'll receive just 35 points, and we'll need to take two more 7-day cruises in CC or AQ to reach the next level, rather than one under the old system. Not the end of the world, although as others have mentioned, it would have been nice if X had credited those who were past final payment with the points they would have earned under the old system.

This new system certainly accomplishes Celebrity's goal of making it more difficult to reach Elite status, but it will also make us think twice about booking a concierge or Aqua room in the future. We debated when booking our current cruise between AQ (for Blu) or a standard room with the Ultimate Dining Package, and the extra cruise point tipped the scales in favor of AQ. Now, CC and AQ seem much less tempting.

We are confused with what we are! The booklet we got in the mail said we were elite with six hundred something points. Online on the celebrity website it says we have seven hundred something points and are elite plus . To make it more confusing, in the big lettered box it says "elite" but in the smaller print it says "elite +". Has anyone else had this happen? Our last cruise was in September so it should have been factored in the booklet calculation. Perhaps there has been discussion of this already?I have not had time to read all the threads on this topic:)

I am having trouble figuring out if people are better off, worse or the same under this new system. Is there any kind of consensus on thus?

I am neither better or worse. I was 1 cruise away from Elite and, even though I had to change my booked cruise (from 4 day to 7 day), I'll still be Elite after that cruise.

I am having trouble figuring out if people are better off, worse or the same under this new system. Is there any kind of consensus on thus?

No one lost their previously attained Captain’s Club category, so everyone is at least the same. Some are now in the new higher categories with a few additional benefits, but those folks already had many credits in the old system.

m