Michaels Club

Kcrazycruisers

Michael's makes you feel privileged. We are Platinum on Princess and have enjoyed breakfast at Sabatini's (suites only) but Michael's truly gives you the feeling you are receiving special attention. The concierge said there were fewer than 50 people eligible to use Michael's on our sailing.

Stayed at the Ritz-Carlton the night before. Nice room, beautiful ocean view, great food, but I was just another guest. I felt special in Michael's.

It's not about food or drink. You can get that on any ship. It's an attitude.

Just off the equinox last week. Michaels was still open to everyone. It did not have craft beers, lots of whiskey, scotch, etc. The bartender Alexander was phenomenal. Very knowledgable and friendly, one of the best on the ship. They did have Orval, Dogfishhead 90 minute IPA and Ommegang Abbey Ale at a lot of the bars.

Equinox does go in for a 10 day dry dock in two weeks. Maybe changes will be made then.

Just off the equinox last week. Michaels was still open to everyone. It did not have craft beers, lots of whiskey, scotch, etc. The bartender Alexander was phenomenal. Very knowledgable and friendly, one of the best on the ship. They did have Orval, Dogfishhead 90 minute IPA and Ommegang Abbey Ale at a lot of the bars.

Equinox does go in for a 10 day dry dock in two weeks. Maybe changes will be made then.

Thank You berry berry much! Tho we are still 210 days out, we love to stay up on what is going on with her.

My husband is going to be heart-broken! He loved the beer selection in Micheal's.

Good point! I have done this on HAL and Royal Caribbean. Have been lucky that Boddingtons have always been available. ;)

Celebrity has always had Boddingtons available at other bars on my cruises.

Michael's makes you feel privileged. We are Platinum on Princess and have enjoyed breakfast at Sabatini's (suites only) but Michael's truly gives you the feeling you are receiving special attention. The concierge said there were fewer than 50 people eligible to use Michael's on our sailing.

Stayed at the Ritz-Carlton the night before. Nice room, beautiful ocean view, great food, but I was just another guest. I felt special in Michael's.

It's not about food or drink. You can get that on any ship. It's an attitude.

Every now and then you read a post that leaves you speechless.:rolleyes:

I'll ask again, what specifically made the concierge lounge worth the price of admission?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

I have been in the new VIP lounge on both the Century and Connie.

The main reason I prefer it to other venues onboard is the lack of crowds.

At breakfast, tea and pre dinner drink times there were never more than 20 passengers present. Normally less than 10.

When I left Michaels to go to dinner on the Connie I walked thru the Martini bar.

Every time there must have been 100 passengers there.

If I had wanted to get a drink it would have been virtually impossible:(

When I was on the Reflection in January (before the VIP lounge) I had to sit at the bar to get decent service. Otherwise I would never get a refill.

At the VIP lounge I get the service I expect.

We leave on Eclipse in 6 days and just got contacted by Fabion the concierge person on the ship. He asked if there was anything we might need before we pre board.... Hmmmmm. Kinda liking this already....

He sent me his E mail in order to contact him on the ship. This the first time somebody contacted us from the ship before boarding.

We were able to upgrade to an RS from an S1 and had no idea that that this service was already being offered for this cruise.

1 thing that I do think will be great is that drinks are available until 8 pm which us perfect for pre dinner since we eat around 8:30. This was not true for elite vouchers that were only good to 7 pm. I will report back on our experiences.

We just came off of the Reflection and they actually closed Michaels Club and turned it into a private lounge. . Not sure if it's closed on all ships or just the reflection, but we were really bummed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just came off of the Reflection and they actually closed Michaels Club and turned it into a private lounge. . Not sure if it's closed on all ships or just the reflection, but we were really bummed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On last week's Silhouette, it was also a "private lounge." Presumably for suite guests, of which there seemed to be only a few taking advantage of their private lounge at any given time.

We leave on Eclipse in 6 days and just got contacted by Fabion the concierge person on the ship. He asked if there was anything we might need before we pre board.... Hmmmmm. Kinda liking this already....

He sent me his E mail in order to contact him on the ship. This the first time somebody contacted us from the ship before boarding.

We were able to upgrade to an RS from an S1 and had no idea that that this service was already being offered for this cruise.

1 thing that I do think will be great is that drinks are available until 8 pm which us perfect for pre dinner since we eat around 8:30. This was not true for elite vouchers that were only good to 7 pm. I will report back on our experiences.

Have a great cruise and enjoy your RS!! Looking forward to your report as a suite guest. I still have to wait three months to enjoy our RS on the Reflection :)

Sorry if this has been covered before, but is there a Michaels Club on the Infinity and if so, who has access to this bar area.

There is a Michael's in every Celebrity cruise ship.

Michael's is the new concierge, suite, Zenith lounge. There is no access to those who are not in suites unless they have taken a whole bunch of Celebrity cruises.

There is a Michael's in every Celebrity cruise ship.

Michael's is the new concierge, suite, Zenith lounge. There is no access to those who are not in suites unless they have taken a whole bunch of Celebrity cruises.

Thanks. Are Aqua cabins included as well since are similarly priced and often higher than concierge class.

You are correct Michaels is for celebrity suites and higher and zenith members. Just got of infinity yesterday from 15 day panama canal trip. Michaels club concierge Kim was fabulous and was available to us private lounge until 7 pm every day was very quite during the day but made many suite friends during unlimited cocktail hour. And Kim was available to us 24-7 for anything we needed. The current cruise will enjoy even more and will include food and snacks all day. Michaels club concierge is an ever changing program. I do believe they should stop showing info about the lounge if it is not open to everyone.

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Forums mobile app

I remember Michaels on the Horizon Dec 2000, but not the Zenith prior to '96. But as the wifester says, 'Honey, your wrong about that' could be the case here too!:)

OK, so now you have me on a mental mission, to find the dailys from the Zenith in 1994! They are in a box under the bed somewhere.

You are correct, Century introduced Michaels club on Celebrity as a Cigar Club, it was added to Zenith and Horizon in later drydocks, also as a Cigar club, that was when the Cigar craze started but it never really caught on aboard the ship. .

Edited by dkjretired

Are they planning on keeping Perry Grant in the Michael's club on the Eclipse?

He's been moved to Cellar masters on Eclipse, though I assume on the TA coming up, he will take over the sky lounge.

How does this work then? We booked from a brochure that shows Michael's Club as a venue for evening entertainment for all passengers. Now, after we have booked, they take this away.

False advertising?

Michael's Club was our place of preference for drinks both pre and post our evening meal. Lovely venue.

It's not a deal breaker ( As the American's say!) but it does tack another nail in the overall thought!! Don't even get me started on how they dealt with our points from the Captains Club change over!!

Our next cruise looks more and more likely to be with another cruise line.

How does this work then? We booked from a brochure that shows Michael's Club as a venue for evening entertainment for all passengers. Now, after we have booked, they take this away.

False advertising?

Michael's Club was our place of preference for drinks both pre and post our evening meal. Lovely venue.

It's not a deal breaker ( As the American's say!) but it does tack another nail in the overall thought!! Don't even get me started on how they dealt with our points from the Captains Club change over!!

You booked based on a brochure, but have knowledge of the venue because you gave been there before? Really? Now you will book with another company:confused: Having a hard time connecting the dots on this thought, it makes no sense at all. But I guess a cruise is the same no matter who has their logo on the ship.

False advertising?

I think this is where the ever popular "Subject to change without notice" comes into play.