Captain's table

shanni-shanni

my wife and i were on our first cruise 23 years ago and our last cruise. we are going on our next cruise in june . we were invited to the captains table on that cruise. we wondered how we got invited, as soon as we got there we we knew why we had been invited, my wife is rather large chested and all the women at the table were the same. now with some age added and dressing more conserve we figure we won't be asked this time.

We have been invited and attended on our last two Celebrity cruises, but it was as lsimon stated it was more than likely because we had a PH suite. We meet in one of the lounges, had a group table picture taken, the ladies recieved Red roses. It was very nice and we now have some really nice new friends.

Edited by DiamondSuiteCruiser

My DH and i have been invited to The Captains table twice and we have no idea why.

The first time we were in a Concierge cabin and the last cruise we were in an A1 Balcony cabin, on this cruise we were also invited to a tour of the engine room and to the Helicopter Pad for a sail away.

We feel very lucky to have been invited.

We had the honor on one occasion. I believe the reason was that at the time my wife was having a torrid affair with the Captain... Or it could have been because we were staying in the Penthouse Suite that cruise. Was an enjoyable dinner though.

We were invited on our last cruise, unfortunately we kindly declined the offer. The invite was only for my husband and myself, the kids were not invited. If we had young children, we would have sent them off to the kids club and would have loved the invite but our kids are teenagers and we really enjoy eating and hanging out with them. Hopefully we get the invite again, when its just my husband and myself travelling.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We were invited once and my husband hadn't brought even a sport coat -- it was Alaska and we were doing post cruise traveling and we just wanted to eat in the specialties. We were in an S1. So... we called the captains club hostess and she immediately sent someone to come fit my husband for a tux! Free. And turns out no one else had a tux, everyone had a suit or just a sport coat and tie. I think one of the inspectors just had an open collar and jacket.

We asked our butler how he thought we were asked. He said that the captains club hostess asked some of the butlers "who was nice" and I guess we were nice.

The evening was a fun experience and we met some great people. We ate with the staff captain and the safety engineer. There were two contract inspectors on board and they ate with us and were the life of the party.

We were invited on our Alaska cruise in 2012 on the Century. It was only our second cruise, but we had booked a Sky Suite because it was the same price as a veranda. We all met the Captains Club hostess in the bar before dinner for free drinks and snacks, then went to dinner with the captain and 3 senior officers. Dinner was the MDR menu, along with the free wine. Was very interesting talking with them. The best part is that the 4 couple from dinner got invitations to visit the bridge the next day as we visited Hubbard Glacier. No one else was on the bridge except the captain, a few crew, the 4 couples, and the naturalist that was pointing out sites over the PA. Definitely glad we didn't turn that down.

Have been there several times. Actually twice on a 7 day cruise. Menu has always been the standard MDR menu.

It has recently changed to an individually printed menu with more limited selections. We were at the table twice on our cruise last month and the food was really nice.

We have sailed 25 times and only have had one invitation to dine with the captain. We were sailing in AQ and on the first day, while looking for Blu, we wandered into the Elite breakfast room. We are Elite but was asked for our room keys to verify. We were not insulted and happily showed the hostess our keys. She apologized and when we returned to our room we had an invitation to dine with the captain on formal night. It was amazing and we loved it. The table closed the dining room at 11 PM! It was a mix of ages from 30's to 80's (a father and daughter).

would do it again in a minute!!!

My DH and i have been invited to The Captains table twice and we have no idea why.

The first time we were in a Concierge cabin and the last cruise we were in an A1 Balcony cabin, on this cruise we were also invited to a tour of the engine room and to the Helicopter Pad for a sail away.

We feel very lucky to have been invited.

Are you sure you have no idea? :rolleyes:

We were told we were invited because we were a nice couple . It was our first elite cruise and each time we went to the breakfast we approached a couple sitting alone and invited them to join our group. One couple said they cruised often and had never been asked to join others .. .

Similar to another poster in this thread, our first time was on our inaugural Elite cruise.

The Captain's Club host learned my wife's pet name for me early in the cruise at the cocktail hour. He started calling me that every time he saw me around the ship.

He said I was a good sport and that my wife and I appeared to be genuinely friendly and outgoing people. So that was why we go invited.

He told me that there are some passengers who demand to be seated at the Captain's Table on formal nights.

On the Eclipse in March we were invited to the Captain's table & we had a special menu at each place which we were advised by our host the Hotel Director that the food would be from Muarano not MDR.

Is it just me or is there something perverse about the captain inviting folks to dine in the MDR and then serving them different food then everyone else is eating. That' just seems a bit really weird to me.

Why not hold the dinner in Murano if you want to serve murano food?

On the Eclipse in March we were invited to the Captain's table & we had a special menu at each place which we were advised by our host the Hotel Director that the food would be from Muarano not MDR.

I can assure you that is not the case. The menu is presented with the name of the guest, but the items are from the regular menu.

I can assure you that is not the case. The menu is presented with the name of the guest, but the items are from the regular menu. The dishes are prepared in the merits galley.

I can assure you that is not the case. The menu is presented with the name of the guest, but the items are from the regular menu. The dishes are prepared in the merits galley.

I know it wasn't the same menu as the MDR that night & only saying what we were told.