Harmony Keel Blocks are in the House... well they're outside actually!

Are you thinking about Drydock Dave who did the thread about the Navigator and then had his next drydock thread shut down by Royal?

Speaking of dry dock... would love to see some shots of Liberty getting her upgrades! Some exciting stuff coming there... the first version of Perfect Storm!

I assume it's easier to finish most of the other work by the landing area before adding it.

That wouldn't stop them from putting the upper bracing on that supports the slides right after takeoff....that area appears to be already finish painted.

Edited by Capt_Confusion

I wonder if the GS on Harmony will look like the picture or the layout?

I'm over the top excited for this cruise. :)

i'm guessing the floorplan/layout, as the picture looks like the one that's been up forever, but the floorplan/layout is new, and looks a bit more like the quantum-style room, with a partial wall between the living and sleeping areas.

i'm actually kind of bummed - we found the grand suite on quantum to feel really tight because of the wall. our friends' balcony cabins actually felt more spacious. we're in a GS on the harmony transatlantic and i don't want DH and i to be tripping all over each other. bad enough we have to share one bathroom for 13 nights... :p

then again, the description says the bathroom only has one sink, and the floorplan/layout shows two, so who knows.

i also noticed the crown loft master bath shows a tub instead of the awesome two-person shower. i'll miss that shower for sure! (we're in a crown loft in feb 2017.)

lest i sound too negative, i should say i really like the quantum/anthem style decor, and i think the rooms will look great. i've also heard there's good storage, which we'll appreciate - we're on the 7-night med in a balcony before the 13-night transatlantic in the GS, so will likely have a decent amount of luggage. :eek:

That wouldn't stop them from putting the upper bracing on that supports the slides right after takeoff....that area appears to be already finish painted.

Still nothing in the last few days...

8c88431ddd301b84b6572144c4e2ed63.jpg

2849f93f8e22cc76e4a639308840dc28.jpg

Photos by Cyrille Quemard

i'm guessing the floorplan/layout, as the picture looks like the one that's been up forever, but the floorplan/layout is new, and looks a bit more like the quantum-style room, with a partial wall between the living and sleeping areas.

i'm actually kind of bummed - we found the grand suite on quantum to feel really tight because of the wall. our friends' balcony cabins actually felt more spacious. we're in a GS on the harmony transatlantic and i don't want DH and i to be tripping all over each other. bad enough we have to share one bathroom for 13 nights... :p

then again, the description says the bathroom only has one sink, and the floorplan/layout shows two, so who knows.

i also noticed the crown loft master bath shows a tub instead of the awesome two-person shower. i'll miss that shower for sure! (we're in a crown loft in feb 2017.)

lest i sound too negative, i should say i really like the quantum/anthem style decor, and i think the rooms will look great. i've also heard there's good storage, which we'll appreciate - we're on the 7-night med in a balcony before the 13-night transatlantic in the GS, so will likely have a decent amount of luggage. :eek:

Just curious, do you ever hurt your arm from "ringing your own bell"?

Just curious, do you ever hurt your arm from "ringing your own bell"?

totally uncalled for, dude.

i was merely trying to answer a question (what will the GS look like), explain why i had personal knowledge to answer the way i did (i've stayed in a GS on a newer ship, and the stylization on harmony seems to be the same), give notice about the shower/tub situation (there are those who can't climb into the tubs, and others like myself who don't like the tubs, who should know what they are getting in a room), and inject a little humor (because everyone loves sharing a stateroom bathroom with their spouse - and yes, before you berate me for my high-class, multi-toilet lifestyle, i know many people have just one bathroom in their home, including DH and i for many years, but now we have more and are each used to our own space when getting ready in the morning).

i'm sorry if i've offended your delicate sensibilities by a) trying to be helpful and answer a question and b) trying to make a joke (obviously a no-no on CC, even when you include a smiley) and c) being excited about my upcoming harmony cruises, because no one else on CC ever discusses their stateroom arrangements or upcoming trips.

if it makes you feel better about yourself, DH and i work 50-60 hours/week in public service jobs (making 1/10 of what we'd make in the private sector, but doing it because we feel public sector work is more fulfilling), only cruise suites when we get a good deal (that crown loft you're so jealous of? we got it on mega-sale and paid about $4000 - not cheap, but probably pretty typical for a 7-night family vacation), and have about the same amount of cruises listed in our signature as you do. oh, and most of our spare money goes to taking care of my terminally ill mother, who lives with us. we're not exactly extravagant. so forgive me for being excited enough about my first trip to europe in almost 20 years, and my first ever transatlantic, to joke about it in a message board about the ship we're taking on those voyages.

sorry, i did not mean to write a novel, and i know you really need to be thick-skinned on these boards, but apparently i'm feeling rather thin-skinned tonight.

now back to our regularly scheduled harmony programming. move along...nothing to see here.... :p

i was merely trying to answer a question (what will the GS look like), explain why i had personal knowledge to answer the way i did (i've stayed in a GS on a newer ship, and the stylization on harmony seems to be the same), give notice about the shower/tub situation (there are those who can't climb into the tubs, and others like myself who don't like the tubs, who should know what they are getting in a room), and inject a little humor (because everyone loves sharing a stateroom bathroom with their spouse - and yes, before you berate me for my high-class, multi-toilet lifestyle, i know many people have just one bathroom in their home, including DH and i for many years, but now we have more and are each used to our own space when getting ready in the morning).

i'm sorry if i've offended your delicate sensibilities by a) trying to be helpful and answer a question and b) trying to make a joke (obviously a no-no on CC, even when you include a smiley) and c) being excited about my upcoming harmony cruises, because no one else on CC ever discusses their stateroom arrangements or upcoming trips.

if it makes you feel better about yourself, DH and i work 50-60 hours/week in public service jobs (making 1/10 of what we'd make in the private sector, but doing it because we feel public sector work is more fulfilling), only cruise suites when we get a good deal (that crown loft you're so jealous of? we got it on mega-sale and paid about $4000 - not cheap, but probably pretty typical for a 7-night family vacation), and have about the same amount of cruises listed in our signature as you do. oh, and most of our spare money goes to taking care of my terminally ill mother, who lives with us. we're not exactly extravagant. so forgive me for being excited enough about my first trip to europe in almost 20 years, and my first ever transatlantic, to joke about it in a message board about the ship we're taking on those voyages.

sorry, i did not mean to write a novel, and i know you really need to be thick-skinned on these boards, but apparently i'm feeling rather thin-skinned tonight.

now back to our regularly scheduled harmony programming. move along...nothing to see here.... :p

I often feel like I am looking over my back on posts here. So sad for a board that should be fun and informative to have people slam you. I didn't find your post offensive, just providing info not all of us have.

"why can't we just get along?" :D

Edited by cindivan