Royal Caribbean Summer 2016 and beyond

So, I was very mad about Quantum of the Seas moving to Asia. I live in New York. But, it could be for the best. Here is what I think should happen with any ship Freedom class or higher for May 2016 and beyond, which is currently unrevealed.

Freedom Class:

- Freedom of the Seas: keep her in port canaveral shes doing good there, also her 10th anniversary is that may

- Independence of the Seas: mexican riviera from los angeles for the winter but fort lauderdale for caribbean in the summer

-Liberty of the Seas: galveston year round

Oasis Class:

-Oasis: fort lauderdale year round

-Allure: europe summer, then fort lauderdale winter

- 3rd oasis is way off so no plans yet

Quantum Class:

-Quauntum: Asia

-Anthem: Cape liberty that summer, and the whole year

-3rd quantum class ship: launch in europe in may 2016 and ship it to cape liberty for winters, cape liberty will have 2 quantums in the winter just like fort lauderdale has 2 oasis in the winter

What do you guys think royal caribbean should do?

They won't do west coast/east coast with Freedom-class; ship won't go through Panama Canal and they won't do multiple around the horn trips; hard to fill those ships. Independence is a "UK" based ship and do not see that changing even with Anthem coming online.

Would not be surprised if Oasis or Allure end up in Asia once Oasis 3 comes out; specifically would potentially expect Allure to be the one to go to Asia.

They will not put two Quantum class in NJ for the winter either. Too much time lost getting out of the cold going up and down eastern seaboard for decent itineraries. If demand is there, maybe, but I don't see them trying to create the market. Third Quantum class doing winters from Florida is more believable to me.

Now that Radiance class looks to be filling in for Vision class for winter (Serenade replacing Legend) would like to see that continue for a while.

I'm glad they brought in the Serenade for the Legend. I'm booked for Dec,2015 Southern. I believe they will bring one Quantum class to Florida after the 3rd one.Just makes sense to have a new class of ship to Florida, which is the largest market.

I'm glad they brought in the Serenade for the Legend.

I'm envious. Even though Galveston's closer, I'd have lobbied heavily with DW for us to go back on Serenade out of NoLa. I really like that ship layout/size, and New Orleans was a blast. Too bad for us, but good for you!!

They won't do west coast/east coast with Freedom-class; ship won't go through Panama Canal and they won't do multiple around the horn trips; hard to fill those ships. Independence is a "UK" based ship and do not see that changing even with Anthem coming online.

After Indys tour in Euripe this summer she will be permanently based out of FLL at least until the spring of 2016.

They won't do west coast/east coast with Freedom-class; ship won't go through Panama Canal and they won't do multiple around the horn trips; .

The big question there is when the Canal Project is completed ("when?" is still a question) and the New Panamax format goes into effect - allowing for a length of 366m, up from 294m. Oasis and Allure are said to be the correct length and width, but are too high to pass under the Bridge of the Americas. Not sure how that bodes for a Liberty or Voyager (or Quantum) class ship, but maybe someone else can do the number-crunching? Wikipedia was my source for what I'd found.

- Independence of the Seas: mexican riviera from los angeles for the winter but fort lauderdale for caribbean in the summer

I would really like to see RCI put a ship back in LA or San Diego. Much easier (and cheaper) for me to get to either of those cities than to hit the Gulf Coast or Florida. I know they use SD for the Panama Canal crossings, but a Mexican Riveria cruise in the winter would be a nice escape from the cold for me. I certainly don't claim to understand the economics of why they left in the past, but am hopeful that at some point the benefit is there for them to provide options out of either city on a regular basis

I would really like to see RCI put a ship back in LA or San Diego. Much easier (and cheaper) for me to get to either of those cities than to hit the Gulf Coast or Florida. I know they use SD for the Panama Canal crossings, but a Mexican Riveria cruise in the winter would be a nice escape from the cold for me. I certainly don't claim to understand the economics of why they left in the past, but am hopeful that at some point the benefit is there for them to provide options out of either city on a regular basis

Check out the article in the Cruise Critic News section dated 5/23 about "could the Mexican Riviera be the new comeback kid?" Problem is I simply don't think RCL or Celebrity have available ships with the number going on Asian Duty. Maybe once the new Oasis and the Quantum class are all in service? I agree with you though, my folks retired to Vegas so persuading them to take the 5hr drive for a cruise out of SD or LA is a lot easier than trying to get them to fly a lot further in the "other direction"

Check out the article in the Cruise Critic News section dated 5/23 about "could the Mexican Riviera be the new comeback kid?" Problem is I simply don't think RCL or Celebrity have available ships with the number going on Asian Duty. Maybe once the new Oasis and the Quantum class are all in service? I agree with you though, my folks retired to Vegas so persuading them to take the 5hr drive for a cruise out of SD or LA is a lot easier than trying to get them to fly a lot further in the "other direction"

Thank you for the tip, I will give that a read.

Would not be surprised if Oasis or Allure end up in Asia once Oasis 3 comes out; specifically would potentially expect Allure to be the one to go to Asia.

They will not put two Quantum class in NJ for the winter either. Too much time lost getting out of the cold going up and down eastern seaboard for decent itineraries. If demand is there, maybe, but I don't see them trying to create the market. Third Quantum class doing winters from Florida is more believable to me.

Now that Radiance class looks to be filling in for Vision class for winter (Serenade replacing Legend) would like to see that continue for a while.

Agree about a Freedom class ship not being homeported on the West Coast. Too hard to get one there with a repositioning itinerary that does not sell/fill. Also, they had trouble filling Mariner without deep discounts and the passengers did not spend much onboard. From a business standpoint, many other homeports, including Asia, trump the West Coast. Edited by SherriZ366

Count me in as well- Don't care for Anthem or Quantum

Count me In as well!!

I feel like I'm reading a lot of negative posts regarding quantum / anthem and the ship hasn't even been seen yet. Is his something unique to quantum / anthem or were there similar negative expectations regarding freedom/ oasis class ships.

Count me In as well!!

I feel like I'm reading a lot of negative posts regarding quantum / anthem and the ship hasn't even been seen yet. Is his something unique to quantum / anthem or were there similar negative expectations regarding freedom/ oasis class ships.

My recollection was much more positive excitement about Voyager, Freedom, and Oasis.

So, I was very mad about Quantum of the Seas moving to Asia. I live in New York. But, it could be for the best. Here is what I think should happen with any ship Freedom class or higher for May 2016 and beyond, which is currently unrevealed.

Freedom Class:

- Freedom of the Seas: keep her in port canaveral shes doing good there, also her 10th anniversary is that may

-Liberty of the Seas: galveston year round

Oasis Class:

-Oasis: fort lauderdale year round

-Allure: europe summer, then fort lauderdale winter

- 3rd oasis is way off so no plans yet

Quantum Class:

-Quauntum: Asia

-Anthem: Cape liberty that summer, and the whole year

-3rd quantum class ship: launch in europe in may 2016 and ship it to cape liberty for winters, cape liberty will have 2 quantums in the winter just like fort lauderdale has 2 oasis in the winter

What do you guys think royal caribbean should do?

OK you had your dream so now wake up.

My recollection was much more positive excitement about Voyager, Freedom, and Oasis.

I am SUPER excited for my Quantum Cruise. I think the ship will be utterly amazing and those that did not get to book will regret it. Quantum has had some really severe negative reactions due to the horrible internet interface and issues with dynamic dining booking... not the dining itself.... and by the way, has anyone even tried dynamic dining yet? Or the many free venues you can choose from? I predict the reviews and pictures will blow everyone's socks off. :)

I live in NY too.

I wish Liberty would stay here year round.

I don't care what happens to Quantum and Anthem.

As a balcony-or-better-solo traveler who prefers avoiding the expense of flying to a cruise port during NY winters, I am happy about the availability of booking the studio balcony that the Quantum class offers at a reduced rate. I am sure these ships will provide everyone with lots to experience, however I will miss the more intimate environment that Explorer provided and the MDR where I enjoyed my meals with many lovely people through the years.

Count me In as well!!

It's not the ship, but the way the dining and entertainment has been rolled out with lots of IT problems. The ship looks like a engineering marvel, but we'll see when the first reviews are posted here.

The big question there is when the Canal Project is completed ("when?" is still a question) and the New Panamax format goes into effect - allowing for a length of 366m, up from 294m. Oasis and Allure are said to be the correct length and width, but are too high to pass under the Bridge of the Americas. Not sure how that bodes for a Liberty or Voyager (or Quantum) class ship, but maybe someone else can do the number-crunching? Wikipedia was my source for what I'd found.

Any ship taller than 200 ft won't fit under the bridge.