Anyone else have trouble proclaiming themselves "Elite"?

seaproponent

My curiosity is why anyone feels the need to put any Loyalty level in their signature.:)

I could understand your point more clearly, if you were one of those "minimalist" posters. You know, the folks who frown on anything besides text -- no avatars, signatures, or pictures for them! ;)

But, you clearly have things that you like to proudly display, as part of your posts. So, why would you question what others choose to include in theirs? :confused:

I could understand your point more clearly, if you were one of those "minimalist" posters. You know, the folks who frown on anything besides text -- no avatars, signatures, or pictures for them! ;)

But, you clearly have things that you like to proudly display, as part of your posts. So, why would you question what others choose to include in theirs? :confused:

LOL!!!! :D

wwcruisers

image.php?u=572606&type=sigpic&dateline=1307042822

approaching one year at sea!

25174-profile.png

Do as I say not as I do!!!!

Point taken.:)

Like!

Why does status need to be proclaimed? It's on the seapass card for when it's needed and that's all that matters.

Concur. So why do so many feel the need to advertise their "Elite" status on CC?

Would they have the same need if they were merely "Silver"?

Concur. So why do so many feel the need to advertise their "Elite" status on CC?

What exactly is the problem? I suppose people have all kinds of reasons for whatever they do but I'm sure most of us think nothing of it. Personally, I don't think it really matters to 99 percent of us, but if it's important to someone is it hurting anyone else?

Much ado about nothing IMHO. In all the years that I have been cruising I have never been asked by crew or a fellow guest what my past guest level was. Most don't care.

+1

Same experience here. The only conversations I have with fellow cruisers are about the experiences I've had while on cruise ships or port excursions. It just doesn't come up. I become Elite after my next cruise and I will enjoy some of the benefits offered, but I don't cruise for the benefits.

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network

You can do what ever floats your boat. My curiosity is why anyone feels the need to put any Loyalty level in their signature.:)

Why not? This is a forum for people who love cruising. In car forums, people put a picture of their car in their signature. Same goes for boating forums and so on and so on. I would think it a little odd if someone put their air miles status in their signature on this site, but not cruise status. JMHO. :)

I was excited about becoming elite but bother realised when I did that we didn't ever use the perks. Maybe have t turn up at cocktail hour and try the breakfast at least once

Might want to try the free gelato as well.

Why not? This is a forum for people who love cruising. In car forums, people put a picture of their car in their signature. Same goes for boating forums and so on and so on. I would think it a little odd if someone put their air miles status in their signature on this site, but not cruise status. JMHO. :)

There you go with that common sense stuff again. :p

It does:

Cool Cruiser

5000 + Club

10000 + Club

20000 + Club

Host

:D

Problem with that for someone who cares is that for many the numbers of posts are not accurate. Many of us had thousands of posts removed over the years every time a new version of the computer system comes out.

What would be nice is the designation charter member as there aren't many of us still around.

Edited by dkjretired

Truthfully, I think often the problem is a pretty thin skin on the part of the reader. There are threads where people are talking about the various benefit levels and on those threads, it is often pertinent to the point at hand to mention your status. On other threads, sometimes people will mention being Elite (or higher) simply to make the point that they are very loyal to the brand, have a lot of experience sailing it, and therefore are making their comment based on considerable experience. I truly believe it is very, very rare for people to mention their status just to 'lord it over' anyone or to make themselves feel more important. It makes me wonder why some people just naturally assume they are doing it for some nefarious reason and don't give them the benefit of the doubt. It is just unfortunate that Celebrity feels the need to attach this particular word to a status, as the word itself has very negative implications. I wish people would react less to the word itself, and more to the context in which it was used.

Truthfully, I think often the problem is a pretty thin skin on the part of the reader. There are threads where people are talking about the various benefit levels and on those threads, it is often pertinent to the point at hand to mention your status. On other threads, sometimes people will mention being Elite (or higher) simply to make the point that they are very loyal to the brand, have a lot of experience sailing it, and therefore are making their comment based on considerable experience. I truly believe it is very, very rare for people to mention their status just to 'lord it over' anyone or to make themselves feel more important. It makes me wonder why some people just naturally assume they are doing it for some nefarious reason and don't give them the benefit of the doubt. It is just unfortunate that Celebrity feels the need to attach this particular word to a status, as the word itself has very negative implications. I wish people would react less to the word itself, and more to the context in which it was used.

Well said and spot on! A number of posters suggested when the new program was announced that Celebrity consider naming the levels after past Celebrity ships. I believe that have would given a sense of history and tradition at a time when posters were questioning the direction Celebrity was taking. The names are what they are and I doubt that Celebrity will revisit the names now. However, it could be done quite easily as Zenith is already on the card.

I appreciate the benefits whatever it is called.

Great points about why posters say they are elite when responding to posts here on cc.

X uses the term elite like almost all travel companies these days. I am elite with one airline and two hotel chains.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Great points about why posters say they are elite when responding to posts here on cc.

X uses the term elite like almost all travel companies these days. I am elite with one airline and two hotel chains.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Agree especially when the first words are "I'm elite" and the rest of the post has nothing to do with being elite.

Don't understand the fuss. ELITE ain't what it used to be in the Celebrity world. All Elite means now is that you're an Elite+ wannabe. I can't figure out what that plus means though.

Edited by Orator