Would you book a connecting room

mcatmcat

Some D connecting cabins only have a chair and not a couch on Voyager or Freedom(can't remember which)class ships.

We had that on the Explorer. Didn't like the small chair. No place to put your junk and sit at the same time. We need all the room we can get for storage. :p Plus, we did hear the people next door. Will avoid the connecting cabin if I can. If it is the last cabin on the ship, I will still take it, just to be on the ship. ;)

Gwen :)

I wouldn't. last time we had one on the Liberty I said it was my last time. The couple fought half of the cruise and made up the other half if you know what I mean and both times it was super loud. I am sure there is normal people out there that are not loud but I wont be chancing it again, unless I have no other choice

Edited by trev71

Will avoid the connecting cabin if I can. If it is the last cabin on the ship, I will still take it, just to be on the ship. ;)

Gwen :)

Same for me IF the connecting door is in a JS or higher. I could live with that. Towel under the door (I think that using Duct tape was going too far), using our white noise machine, and having a different layout of the stateroom would help.

Oh, and I have no problem knocking on the door and asking the neighbors to quiet down. :D

Edited by Iamthesea

If you have loud/noisy neighbors, you will experience their sounds, certainly more with a connecting but both will be a pain. To us more significant is cabin location. For example under the hot tubs or windjammer there is noise. Another example on Oasis or Allure if you are on deck 14, directly under the sports deck you will almost assuredly have disturbance.

We've stayed in connecting rooms and never had a problem. We Havehad noise issues in non connecting rooms. Personally, I don't think the room is the issue, it's the people staying in the room. Some people are loud, some are not. As for the connecting doors, I think it depends on the ship. We have one door once and two doors another time.

It's been a long time ago (could have improved them now) since our girls cruised with us BUT they hated having the connecting cabins. Said they could hear Dad snoring all night and to book them across the hall next time. :rolleyes:

Hi,

Would never do it.

We were upgraded on Disney to a very desirable cabin, and it had a connecting door.

Someone wanted to do something nice for us so I really could not say anything .

We could hear lots of noise thru that door.

My DH and I are very fussy as to cabin location, etc. so I pick my cabin when booking . If location, noise etc, is important to you then don't do it!

Barb

I generally try to avoid. Recently we had a cabin near the stairs immediately under the WJ. It was all that was available when we booked. A better location cabin opened up but it was interconnecting.

My thoughts are I'd take my chances as at least it can't be as bad as the noise from above early in the morning with carts rolling around as they get ready.!!!!!! We will soon see if it works out;)

Edited by Spurschick

We also try to avoid connecting rooms if possible. On Enchantment last spring, we could hear everything going on next door--TV, conversations, kids playing...nothing more "interesting" than that though!;):eek:

Edited by 3CatsInMA

You all have got me wondering if I made a mistake with the cabin I booked on Freedom for 3/2016. Have an aft JS on deck 10 that's connecting. I'm not worried about noise from above (Windjammer) as we had an aft cabin under that on the Indy and didn't have issues. Wondering if I should switch to a hump JS. But..I sure would hate to give up that aft view and the fact that the cabin is slightly bigger than standard.

I wish I had not seen this thread...LOL We leave in 10 days on Legend of the Seas for a 7 day fjord cruise.. I booked the last side aft cabin, superior balcony, on deck 7. I looked and see now it is connecting. I never thought of that when booking, just liked the location and side of ship. There are no cabins available now so no switching. I hope it as bad as the posters portray. BUT at this point I can not worry about it, just keep excited for my first trip to Norway and first European cruise. Sometimes it is better not to read cruise critic...LOL

You all have got me wondering if I made a mistake with the cabin I booked on Freedom for 3/2016. Have an aft JS on deck 10 that's connecting. /QUOTE]

We also have a adjoining JS on Freedom, 9334. Does anyone know about FR adjoining cabins? We hear on this thread that some adjoining cabins have one door, some two. What's Freedom have? And who's been in one?

R&D

We've only had one connecting cabin -- a balcony that was connected to a JS on the Mariner. The cabin had a great forward hump balcony, and other than the door at the foot of the bed, we never knew we were in a connecting cabin.

We also have a adjoining JS on Freedom, 9334. Does anyone know about FR adjoining cabins? We hear on this thread that some adjoining cabins have one door, some two. What's Freedom have? And who's been in one?

R&D

I thought it was one door on Freedom class too, but that's based on what I've read here, so I'll be waiting for your confirmation.:)