Could this happen on =X=?

ECCruise

I agree with you on liking smaller ships. I started cruising back in the mid 1970's and no ship was big then. Great times back then. Maybe some day we will be on the same cruise. Happy sailing.

PS

To every one else on the thread, thank you for letting me go off topic.

I also sorry for going off topic, I'll stay on topic.

I'll be Elite, not Select, so I believe I'll be the Discoverer tier.

And will be eligible for "Free Nights" upon reaching Discoverer + if 375 or more of your Cruise Points [50% or more] have been earned while sailing Azamara at the time you change membership tier, you have sailed Azamara within the prior three years, and you claim the "Free Nights" when booking within one year of having earned them...

For some [including those vectoring toward Zenith/Discoverer Platinum (twice as quickly on Celebrity than Azamara if sailing solo)], that "50%" condition is already statistically impossible with--as things stand now--no tangible reason to sail Azamara as a Zenith/ Discoverer Platinum member...

Hi all,

Wanted to share this with the Cruise Critic community.

Celebrity Cruises has spent the last 15 months focused on listening to what our guests are looking for in their membership benefits. As a result, at the end of 2013, we revamped our program and added or improved upon many benefit offerings to our Captains Club members and have no intentions of taking any of those benefits away. We've also made additional changes in 2014 based on what our members are saying: "You asked, we listened" is our motto that we follow, always listening to guest feedback on ways to improve the overall guest experience and maintain customer loyalty.

~ Lee Moreau, Director of Loyalty

Hi all,

Celebrity Cruises has spent the last 15 months focused on listening to what our guests are looking for in their membership benefits. As a result, at the end of 2013, we revamped our program and added or improved upon many benefit offerings to our Captains Club members and have no intentions of taking any of those benefits away. We've also made additional changes in 2014 based on what our members are saying: "You asked, we listened" is our motto that we follow, always listening to guest feedback on ways to improve the overall guest experience and maintain customer loyalty.

I most appreciate the new benefits. They have most certainly enhanced my cruising experience.

I most appreciate the new benefits. They have most certainly enhanced my cruising experience.

And why we booked so many more without even thinking of booking with other lines..

And our greetings to Lee Moreau.... for the best loyalty program at sea for the Cruising Addicted.

Celebrity Cruises has spent the last 15 months focused on listening to what our guests are looking for in their membership benefits. As a result, at the end of 2013, we revamped our program and added or improved upon many benefit offerings to our Captains Club members and have no intentions of taking any of those benefits away. ~ Lee Moreau, Director of Loyalty

Thank you very much for posting. The benefits on Celebrity are very appreciated. :)

Hi all,

Thanks Celebrity, I for one had faith that you had no intentions to take anything away any perks, since you just gave us more great new benefits when you revamped the Captain's Club Program, not to mention the new suite benefits. Thanks again.

Hi all,

Thank you for the clarity of your post

We will be trying the suite experience again in 2015 and this may yet be Azamaras loss

Hi all,

Thank you for the benefits, we have been happy with the changes in 2013. We are cruising in a few weeks time and we would like to know what the "additional changes" in 2014 are?

Can any one advise please?

Hi all,

Thank you for sharing your insights Ms Moreau. It's greatly appreciated.

Hi all,

Thank you for your post. As Elite + we like the new benefits, even though we will never reach Zenith.

Mary Lou

Hi all,

Thank you Lee.

We LOVE the Zenith benefits:)

The kids were on RCCL recently with 12 Pinnacles onboard.

The Zenith benefits are FAR SUPERIOR to the Pinnacle benefits:)

And with the cut backs at Azamara there is NO comparison there either !!!

• 3 weeks later...

An update (link below) as this thread sparked some debate. Azamara have now revised the programme to address the concerns many had. Personally I'm very happy with the announcement:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2106884

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

A very recent change (July 2014) was to give double points to solo cruisers.

Another was that some cruises, booked during certain promotion times, qualified for extra Captain's Club points.

I booked our TA on Reflection during the Captain's Club early booking window. In April 2014. I booked direct with Celebrity. I was told that I would earn 25 points for booking 9 months in advance.

My query:

was this a promotion, or will I always be awarded with 25 points when I book 9 months early?

The reason I ask is that I have had to change my booking on the redeployed 5th April Dubai to Rome on Century.

That booking came with 25 points, as an 'perk' from my TA.

I changed the booking to a Scandinavia on Eclipse in July 2015.

Do I also get 25 Captains's Club points as the cruise is still 10 months away?

I booked our TA on Reflection during the Captain's Club early booking window. In April 2014. I booked direct with Celebrity. I was told that I would earn 25 points for booking 9 months in advance.

My query:

was this a promotion, or will I always be awarded with 25 points when I book 9 months early?

The reason I ask is that I have had to change my booking on the redeployed 5th April Dubai to Rome on Century.

That booking came with 25 points, as an 'perk' from my TA.

I changed the booking to a Scandinavia on Eclipse in July 2015.

Do I also get 25 Captains's Club points as the cruise is still 10 months away?

It was just a promotion and whether they will still give you the points when you transfer your cruise is something you will have to pursue. I doubt anyone here could answer that question.