Elite plus averages

tomcruiser1234

We are presently 914 points and will never hit the Zenith level. What would be interesting -- is % of cruisers on an average cruise are at each level.

On our last Celebrity cruise (Century '14) there was one Zenith couple, less than 40 Elite Plus, and less than 100 Elites. This was per Jonette the Captain's Club Hostess.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

1150 here, and a long way to go to get to Zenith.

But who really cares? Michaels club isn't a big deal ( I spent a few evenings as a guest recently ) , and most cruises have a free beverage package now anyway.

Elite + provides enough free internet, free cleaning and coffee drinks.

The recent price increases in the Suite category have dissuaded me from sailing on Celebrity as much going forward, except for a few transatlantics....so I guess Zenith level won't be attained in my lifetime.

Besides, there are too many new ships on other cruiselines with better food, and more interesting ports in the price category that Celebrity suites are now in

( 800-1000$ per night ).

Curious about how many points some of our Elite plus folks have?

We currently have 1630 points.

Is it true that the highest points person on a cruise (other than Zenith) gets some added perk like Michael's Club access? Or is that a 'nautical (not urban) legend' non-policy?

With my next two cruise I will be at 1400. Will never see Zenith. I think in the beginning of the Michael`s club change over they let a few of the top cruisers in. My friend was the top cruiser on the Infinity and was allowed. However since then she has been top cruiser on several trips and not been invited. Zenith and CS suites and above only.

Is it true that the highest points person on a cruise (other than Zenith) gets some added perk like Michael's Club access? Or is that a 'nautical (not urban) legend' non-policy?
I suspect nautical legend. Almost positive this is not true if there are Zeniths on board. MAYBE (but I doubt it) Michael's Club sometimes extends to the high point cruiser even if they are not Zenith.

We just hit E+ after our last cruise on Reflection.....no expectation of getting to Zenith as we only book AQ, prefer 9 or 10 day cruises and are cruising a bit less these days..we have become .pickier about time periods, ships, ports, etc.

We like the perks at Elite level and Diamond reciprocity on Royal...not sure what extras will be for E + but will find out in January..,

with less than 1200 points, we have no chance to make zenith so if it's supposed to be a carrot, it isn't working. If we were close, we'd do some caribbean sailings even if we've done them before...but as it stands, there's no need to throw in extra cruises.

We generally book aqua, sometimes, perhaps, at least until crowding in blu stops, concierge or even balcony. We enjoy the perks of elite plus and consider it in the cost of the cruise. We are focusing on itinerary now...and celebrity itineraries have become stale and repetitive, so that's a big dissuader.

with less than 1200 points, we have no chance to make zenith so if it's supposed to be a carrot, it isn't working. If we were close, we'd do some caribbean sailings even if we've done them before...but as it stands, there's no need to throw in extra cruises.

We generally book aqua, sometimes, perhaps, at least until crowding in blu stops, concierge or even balcony. We enjoy the perks of elite plus and consider it in the cost of the cruise. We are focusing on itinerary now...and celebrity itineraries have become stale and repetitive, so that's a big dissuader.

The "carrot" appears to be luring many to cruise more just to reach the Zenith Level. I can't name names here, but be assured that many have told me that they took more cruises the closer they got. Some booked higher categories to get there more quickly. I am guilty of doing that and very glad I did. As time goes on it will become more difficult to reach Zenith unless one books the highest Suites. But now there seems to be a steady flow into Zenith. Three more reached Zenith in Reflection this week. It also appears that once Zenith is reached people at that level appear to cruise even more than previously although some book lower price cabins since they receive Suite amenities. Many who do believe that they will get there will and recognize that the fun is in the journey.