Portion sizes.

chromered7

Have the portion sizes in the MDR reduced. I ask this for two reasons, firstly because someone mentioned it in a review of the cruise and secondly we are booked onto a cruise on Connie in July 2015.

I do have concerns about X and the overall cruise experience they are offering.while the cost of cursing from the UK has risen the quality has been reduced.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have sailed in both Concierge Class (MDR) and AQ (Blu) recently. In neither restaurant did I notice any decrease in portion size. There are sometimes variances in food from sailing to sailing; chef to chef, but I have not noticed a trend in this regard overall.

If you find the portion sizes are small for you then order seconds. If you're worried about it ask for N extra portion when you initially order. I don't know anyone who has gone hungry from not getting enough food on a cruise.

Edited by Lsimon

It varies from ship to ship. The beef wellington on the Equinox in early January was about 1/2 the size of the portion on the Connie yesterday.

Yes one can always get seconds.

Overall the portion sizes of the beef dishes do seem to be getting smaller.

I love cruise ship portions.

I can manage and app, an entree and a dessert:D.

I could never do that in a regular restaurant, just the main course is too much for me.

I agree! Portion sizes in most North American restaurants are way too big (if not gluttonous)! Hence the obesity epidemic in the US and Canada.

I love how we can sit down and enjoy a complete meal without feeling uncomfortably full afterwards. You always have the option of ordering seconds if desired (however I've never felt the need to do this).

Shawn

I always find the portion sizes way too big, and wish there was a 'small' option for the entree, like one can often get in restaurants. I hate to waste food.

I often have to leave out one course, never the desert.

Just the other side of the same coin.

Cheers , h.

Sent from the nether world using magic

It is not the portion that was reduced, it is the way each individual meal comes out. not all dishes will be the same.

You kindly ask your Waiter to address your needs, if you feel things are small portioned for you?

Concierge or special MDR serves to ALL, the same, no difference.

On our recent cruise we were quite happy with the portion size, although that was our first Celebrity cruise so I can't compare to know if they were reduced or the same as previous.

It was refreshing to have smaller sizes than "traditional" American restaurant meals. We could eat all the courses and enjoy them and feel satisfied but not stuffed. If we were extra hungry (or if we just couldn't decide) then we might order an extra dish.

I'm another who wishes the portions were even a little SMALLER! I often skip one course or share an entree in order to have a taste of things. At home, I usually eat half or less when we go out. Last summer, I ordered anything I wanted, then passed 2/3 of my entree to my then 18-year-old son.

If you feel portions are too small, feel free to order seconds. Better yet, finish your meal, then go for a walk up to the buffet and see what is offered there that is special for a second dinner. That is what our son did most nights. Of course, another night he decided to eat around the menu. The waiter brought him one of every entree on the menu. To be young and a runner! I think that was the day he and my sister had gone for a rather strenuous bike tour of Corfu.

Have the portion sizes in the MDR reduced. I ask this for two reasons, firstly because someone mentioned it in a review of the cruise and secondly we are booked onto a cruise on Connie in July 2015.

I do have concerns about X and the overall cruise experience they are offering.while the cost of cursing from the UK has risen the quality has been reduced.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm currently on the Summit and the portions are just fine; more than enough and pretty much the same as you would get in any land restaurant. If you are still hungry, you can always order more.

Five course meals may be perfect for some, two course meals for others, or eight or nine course for still others.

We are all different shapes and sizes with different appetites at different times, so order whatever you feel like having each time, in whatever combination you want, and don't be concerned about number of courses.

I am not the only one who sometimes orders all the appetizers and no entree, or doubles up on something I like.

Your waiters want to make you happy and will bring you whatever you like, in whatever combination you want it.

Portions reduced? Absolutely.

A huge waste to have a shrimp cocktail with 12 shrimp and have much of it thrown away. As other have said order more. On our last cruise watched a guy at the table next to ours order FOUR lobster tails. They were brough to him with a smile (from not only the waiter! ( LOL)

Everyone else was scared to break the news, but I thought it was best that someone do it, so here we go... Celebrity signed an exclusive deal with Kellogg's last week to be the exclusive provider of.................Eggo brand waffles on all Celebrity ships. Someone had to break the news.