Celebrity is pushing us away again, no fresh oj?!

Wj420

We accept the cutbacks. We understand things change. But completely taking fresh orange juice off the ships? Modern luxury includes fresh juice! We have three trips booked on celebrity in the next two years but will need to rebook at Oceania. We have standards. These same standards made Celebrity our favorite cruise line for the last 5 years. Sad to think its time to upgrade again.

We accept the cutbacks. We understand things change. But completely taking fresh orange juice off the ships? Modern luxury includes fresh juice! We have three trips booked on celebrity in the next two years but will need to rebook at Oceania. We have standards. These same standards made Celebrity our favorite cruise line for the last 5 years. Sad to think its time to upgrade again.

So the only deal breaker is fresh squeezed OJ? I like Oceania very much but that's a very expensive change just for OJ. I suspect there's more to the story.

Makes no sense...maybe this happened on one cruise, but imagine suite guests or even blu guests reaction. Need more info....

I think everyone has a point where one more cut drives them over the edge...maybe this was that point for the op. After all, we all could make up a list of cuts in the past year or so...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by ghstudio

Makes no sense...maybe this happened on one cruise, but imagine suite guests or even blu guests reaction. Need more info....

The machines that squeezed the oranges have been removed. If you order OJ it comes from a large plastic container. Asked in Blu and yes it is not squeezed there but "is still fresh squeezed"- not sure how that works.

The machines that squeezed the oranges have been removed. If you order OJ it comes from a large plastic container. Asked in Blu and yes it is not squeezed there but "is still fresh squeezed"- not sure how that works.

Maybe they squeeze it at a central location instead of squeezing it in each dining room.

Not sure why you begrudge Celebrity from raising prices and cutting product and services so that corporate profits can rise.

Seriously, not sure why Celebrity would make the change you indicate, but hope they reinstate fresh OJ. Maybe a misunderstanding.

There is 112 calories in 8 oz of OJ maybe they are looking at it from a health perspective.

X is the healthy choice.

Don't they still make the fresh smoothies in Blu for breakfast and up at the Spa as well as the Elite breakfast? I find it hard to believe that they have eliminated it from the ship.

The fellow needs to sail Aqua class or get a suite I have sailed Oceania and I would choose X with no OJ over them but to each their own.

Actually I can remember back in the day having caviar on NCL, they stopped it but that was not the reason we don't sail them any more.

You can drink (or hoard for later use) as much complimentary fresh-squeezed OJ as you want from the Holland America Lido breakfast buffet. I have to admit I do look forward to fresh juice, sometimes that's the only reason I bother to get up for breakfast, and I will definitely miss it if it is no longer being offered by Celebrity. It's really over for me if they stop baking almond croissants or discontinue rum raisin ice cream.

Maybe they squeeze it at a central location instead of squeezing it in each dining room.

Agreed, those machines had a lot of breakdowns, and time taken to clean them meant queues formed.

Would be better if they just run them in bulk at a central place and then distribute. It's still freshly squeezed then, just doesn't have to be right in front of you.

Agreed, those machines had a lot of breakdowns, and time taken to clean them meant queues formed.

Would be better if they just run them in bulk at a central place and then distribute. It's still freshly squeezed then, just doesn't have to be right in front of you.

I talked to the RM on the Connie about this last night. About 3 weeks ago Celebrity switched and now their "fresh squeezed" OJ is made from frozen concentrate. They still charge extra for it. It tastes very similar to the free OJ. Major cost cutting move.

So....I'm assuming that the fresh squeezed grapefruit juice is also gone? That would really make me sad. :( No better way to start a morning. It sure does seem like there are weekly cutbacks. I wonder where it will stop and if we will have to revolt to get the message across.

There is 112 calories in 8 oz of OJ maybe they are looking at it from a health perspective.

X is the healthy choice.

Please do not confuse caloric and "unhealthy". One can reduce calories and continue to eat a very unhealthy diet.

Would it not be strange that X got rid of the fresh squeezed OJ for "health reasons" but kept the donuts, pastries, cakes, ice cream, burgers, French fries, steaks, pizza and on and on and on?

I wonder where it will stop and if we will have to revolt to get the message across.

As in a Sit-In at the corporate office like the 60's or an Occupy Celebrity ala 2011?

BTW I had fresh squeezed OJ AND tasty caviar in the MDR on Oceania in October at no extra charge other than the 50% higher cruise fare.

I won't mock the OP, as I think the point is very well taken. Each one of us has a series of things we enjoy about sailing Celebrity and, those of us who have sailed on other lines, things we prefer at Celebrity vs others. For some it is the food, maybe the waffles, maybe the martini bar, maybe the oj, maybe the service... some combination of these goes on one side of our pan balance, the price we pay for the vacation on the other.

When the cost of the vacation is perceived to increase, and something or things on the other side of the pan balance are removed or downgraded, the experience becomes less valuable than other vacation possibilities. Now, if the price for the cruise doesn't feel increased and things are downgraded or eliminated, someone else may feel the two sides are still in balance.

I agree with a lot of what Host Ann posted in her review of the Silhouette the other day - on last year's sailing I saw service stretched to what I felt were unfair limits for crew and unacceptable limits for passengers - there were too many times that we left a lounge after 40 minutes not having been attended to -- and generally food continued on the steady decline; and it sounds from her review things may have deteriorated further in both those areas.

So while the fresh OJ in my suite was lovely, that wasn't a compelling reason to choose Celebrity - the service and overall food quality were. If in March those have been downgraded, while the cost of my sailing certainly has not, we won't be back.

Ever the Relentless Optimist, I'll go into the vacation hoping for the best.