Molecular will be replaced!?

fridge

I have NEVER been to the Molecular Bar on any cruise! I've walked past during the day many times when there's not a soul there. I've read about the interesting drinks served but have yet to try one, I will have to make a point of it on our next trip. If it's there.

I have NEVER been to the Molecular Bar on any cruise! I've walked past during the day many times when there's not a soul there. I've read about the interesting drinks served but have yet to try one, I will have to make a point of it on our next trip. If it's there.

We went once - to meet some friends. I never ordered as I'm a "plain Jane" kinda drinking gal, hubby enjoyed his drink. The bar was in an out of the way location and next to the "art gallery" (I use those words loosely) and was mostly empty. We'll be on the list of those that won't miss it if it goes --- I vote for the Martini Bar enlargement project. ;)

It's not open in the day which would explain the lack of people :).

It opens at 5 pm

On the 4TAs and one Med cruise it has been pretty empty

I believe there a different group of people on the European cruises and Caribbean.

European cruises is all about the ports so there not as much drinking going on.

On TAs, most people do not have a drink package so the molecular bar is price place to drink

I have had a couple of drinks there but it not my favourite place but my wife likes it

We went once on a Caribbean cruise right after they were suppose to open and were the only ones there. Not even a bartender when we sat down. He finally showed up, we ordered a drink and were not too impressed. Guess we like our wine too much. :D (Or the occasional Cosmopolitan.)

Speaking with a friend who works as a trainer with the molecular bar, they confirmed that come May the molecular bar will be closing. Sad news at its our favourite place to spend every night pre and post dinner..... Good thing we have a 18 night transatlantic coming up to enjoy it one more time.

Speaking with a friend who works as a trainer with the molecular bar, they confirmed that come May the molecular bar will be closing. Sad news at its our favourite place to spend every night pre and post dinner..... Good thing we have a 18 night transatlantic coming up to enjoy it one more time.

If it is true I am surprised they did not do the change over on the TA cruise

Because we are a mixed drinking couple, we have not enjoyed the Molecular as much as other bars. I'm a cocktails person DH absolutely is not so we too have run into the grumpy bartender refusing to do can of coke etc.

even when DH brought his drink with him, I did not feel welcome as I did at other bars. There was way too much ego in the bar person, she was making up drinks for others (yes, good service, give her that) but when I declined to be added as another for that concoction and then chose one with an ingredient that she would have to go to the kitchen for, I was again told I should try something else

I did, did not enjoy it and have only rarely drank there since

I also find the seating really uncomfortable. If they'd get rid of the art auctions, they could create a wonderful additional bar there, perhaps a successor to Michaels

The Molecular Bar is really the only feature of the S-class ships that keeps us from sticking to the M-class for our cruises. I guess we'll see what they put in it's place, but stick with M-class until then. They just appeal to me so much more than the S-class, with a more laid back feel.

My experience with the Molecular Bar is that overall it is probably underutilized, but it's usually a fairly steady crowd in the evenings. And the drinks are so unique without the heavy alcohol taste, at least IMHO. Martini Bar can get way too crowded and loud for us. They've got some good martinis, but so do a million land-based clubs.

And talk about underutilized spaces on the S-class.......Lawn Club. It seems like most of the time you can't even go on the grass. Makes the Sunset Bar seem like it's on a remote island.

Not too surprised though if the Molecular Bar goes away. Very disappointed, but not surprised.

Thx.

We've sailed twice on the S class, and upgraded to the premium package the first time because of the Martini Bar, but the second time because of the Molecular Bar. We sail next week, and have upgraded again, mainly because of the Molecular Bar. We made friends with a number of people that frequented there each night, where we could have a conversation with those around us unlike with the loud music and crowds at the Martini Bar. Although we did visit the Martini Bar for the fun party atmosphere. :D

We also recently sailed on the Quantum of the Seas, and couldn't help but comment how much better it would be to have something like the Martini or Molecular Bar instead of the "High Tech" Bionic Bar

If they put a Bionic Bar on the S Class I'll just scream

kevin.jpg

There are a lot of passengers who choose S class ships for the Molecular Bar, not everyone enjoys kerosene tasting martinis and make a point of finishing their after dinner/show drinks at this unique location on the ship. We don't mind that is out of the way and at time quiet enough to meet and chat with other like minds. The staff are well trained and friendly. We sail in two weeks and we look forward to Blu and Molecular. Make too many changes and we may look elsewhere for our next cruise. It is the 'little' things that make the difference!

My OH will be very disappointed. He loves the Ginger Mojito.

That said, we found that the bar itself was usually pretty empty and lacked atmosphere (this would be around 7.30 to 8 pm though) so we occasionally just took our drinks somewhere else.

I will be so dissapointed if this is true. 3 cruises booked. How dare they lol. Isn''t this what luxury cruisung is about. I say move it to a better location.

Where is Celebrity when you need them. Would be good if they would comment please.

Edited by lovethesun22

We went once - to meet some friends. I never ordered as I'm a "plain Jane" kinda drinking gal, hubby enjoyed his drink. The bar was in an out of the way location and next to the "art gallery" (I use those words loosely) and was mostly empty. We'll be on the list of those that won't miss it if it goes --- I vote for the Martini Bar enlargement project. ;)

We spent much time at the Martini Bar....Great place to meet friends before dinner. The bartenders are wonderful and the cameraderie is wonderful. I'd love to see it expanded since we sometimes had to wait awhile for seats at the bar.

Never tried the Molecular Bar....It was always empty when we passed. Intend to try it in December if it is still there.

Tried to visit the Gastopub twice. Couldn't get seats during a football game which I understood. Attempted two other times even though there were only 2 or 4 people there. The bartenders were chatting amongst themselves and we couldn't catch their eye for a drink for quite awhile on both occasions. Seemed like they didn't want to be bothered with us so we ended up leaving.

Loved the bartenders in Buffet area....Great guys!

Picked up drinks a few times at The Passport Bar while awaiting a ship event. (think that was the name - lower level). The bartender was absolutely the rudest bartender I've ever met. He acted like I was pestering him by ordering drinks. I asked him if I could buy some of the nuts that were on the bar somewhere...He just shrugged...Not at all like the other Equinox bartenders!

The bartenders in the bar near the Specialty Restaurants were very nice, but I think we came across an inexperienced one. DH couldn't get his usual "a little dry, a little dirty martini" from the first bartender. He gave him something really odd. I ordered a vodka collins and received something totally different. Head bartender fixed both problems with a smile.

Mast Grill & Pool Bar areas - Friendly, personable, good drinks.

Where is Celebrity when you need them. Would be good if they would comment please.

Hi all,

I am currently on the President's Cruise in Singapore for the next 2 weeks, and may be a little delayed in some responses. With that being said, we are looking into this.

Edited by Celebrity Cruises

We are looking forward to the Molecular bar and hope it does not go away by the time we cruise in May. I have a feeling it may not be on the Reflection though in mid May as it appears the ship could be in dry dock the 10 days before the cruise.

I'm not sure if it will be in dry dock but it is not on the cruise schedule from 5/8 - 5/17. Maybe the Celebrity CC Rep can chime in if the ship will be in dry dock before the 5/18 cruise. It would be nice to know what the changes may be.

Edited by bvocruise

Very sad if this is true. Best bartenders and freshest drinks at sea. Too expensive without a drink package, yes, but worth a splurge every night.

I hope they will find a way to incorporate similar drinks into other bars. I'll miss the Kentucky Derby, White Cloud, Tanned Russian, Black Mamba, Lucky Cat... not to mention the far better apple and espresso martinis (made with real juice and real espresso shots) the bartenders were always willing to make.

Add me to the list of those who ordered the ginger infused drinks for medicinal reasons. ;)

I'm disappointed if this is true. It may be a licensing issue. The Celebrity and the creator may have determined to go their separate ways. My daughter was fascinated in how they made the drinks and loved the look of the Dragonfly with the dry ice. My fear is that we will replace it with something popular or in now with something that is something completely irrelevant within two years.