Footstool in 1A - Equinox??

rclibertygirl5

Has anyone ever asked for a footstool or lounger in a hump 1A cabin on the Equinox? We are going to be in 9192 and 9194 which have the larger balconies and it sure would be nice to at least have a footstool.

thanks!

If it hasn't changed you'll get a footstool only in concierge and higher. :rolleyes:

That's one of the reason we book at least a concierge, I like to sit confortably on our balcony.

Josée

We were in 9194 on the Equinox last month. The room steward quickly and sorrowfully shook his head a "no" when we asked for a footstool. I believe they are asked that question on every cruise and have been instructed to turn the passengers down. He did get me a small table to rest a hurt leg on, however.:)

Are there footstools on the balcony in a Sky Suite, or should I take a beach ball?

Has anyone ever asked for a footstool or lounger in a hump 1A cabin on the Equinox? We are going to be in 9192 and 9194 which have the larger balconies and it sure would be nice to at least have a footstool.

thanks!

No, but you do get a larger table, so we put the big beach towel on top of it & used it to put up our feet on it, worked great.

I do wish Celebrity would get its act together and deploy the footstools based on the size of the balcony as opposed to the class of cabin. That would be "Modern Luxury" to me. Their current policy is "Stupid Cheap" to me. Those silly things can't cost that much.

I have tried bribing the cabin attendant. He said they don't even have enough footstools for the CC and above cabins. "Modern Luxury"? I don't think so. More like penny wise and pound foolish.

Our solution is to turf the life jackets out of their baskets and use those plus the pillows from the room. I hope that makes the pillows wear out faster. As I said, penny wise and pound foolish.

I do wish Celebrity would get its act together and deploy the footstools based on the size of the balcony as opposed to the class of cabin. That would be "Modern Luxury" to me. Their current policy is "Stupid Cheap" to me. Those silly things can't cost that much.

I have tried bribing the cabin attendant. He said they don't even have enough footstools for the CC and above cabins. "Modern Luxury"? I don't think so. More like penny wise and pound foolish.

Our solution is to turf the life jackets out of their baskets and use those plus the pillows from the room. I hope that makes the pillows wear out faster. As I said, penny wise and pound foolish.

Why stop at a footstool? How about chaise lounges and hot tub?

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Very nice:rolleyes:. Silly us.

We book CC or higher for the footstool when we could have been using the pillows and wearing them out as punishment to the cruise line.

There's a REALLY simple solution to this dilemma: book a CC or higher. It's obviously profit-driven. Capitalism at its best.

I I have tried bribing the cabin attendant. He said they don't even have enough footstools for the CC and above cabins. "Modern Luxury"?

So I guess this answered my question on whether the Sky Suites had stools? Yes? :)

Another issue I have is only having 2 chairs when the staterooms holds 4 passengers. I understand that some balconies are not large enough for extra chairs, or even stools, but what about the larger balconies? Could I ask for, and get, an extra chair for our SS balcony since we have 3 persons?

I have an inflatable footstool that I take on overseas flights, but the vinyl is a little heavy. I do not take it on short flights.

I think I like the .99 cent beach ball idea the best. I can get a pack of 4 20" for $4 online at Dollar Tree. I'll take a couple and give the other two to my grandson. Leave the cruise balls in the trash when I disembark.

Edited by Iamthesea

We had a 1A on the Millenium with three guests....gorgeous big balcony, but when asked for a 3rd chair, was turned down. Really????

We just dragged the desk chair out there which was decidedly less comfortable, but beats sitting on the deck.

I find this ridiculous. Chairs available=guests in cabin.

Hmmm, we were in the FV and only had two chairs, asked for two more and they were promptly delivered. Also in a standard balcony and when we first entered there were three chairs on the balcony, we asked to have one removed as too crowded, and poof! It was gone. Like everything else about Celebrity, it all depends on who you ask.

Edited by CathyCruises

I was in a Celebrity Suite on Summit lat March (M class, where they added the slime verandas a few years back) and asked for a lounger to be brought, they brought me a pool lounger. It was a tight it, but for just me it worked out well.

We had a 1A on the Millenium with three guests....gorgeous big balcony, but when asked for a 3rd chair, was turned down. Really????

We just dragged the desk chair out there which was decidedly less comfortable, but beats sitting on the deck.

Sounds like a good solution and I would probably be comfortable in the padded desk chair. ;)

Like! You should Trademark that tag. :D

Edited by Host Jazzbeau

I just checked the M class sticky. Even A1 staterooms do not have footstools but chairs that recline..... but I don't think they are lounge chairs. Seems strange that concierge class would get footstools but Aqua class cannot. I understand the balconies are not very large but I would think for the extra $$$$ all Aqua guests should be able to have a footstool if they so choose. :confused: :rolleyes:

I also had a 1A extra large balcony on the Reflection and took a beach ball, as suggested here on CC. Totally ridiculous that I pay thousands of dollars to Celebrity and can't even get a stinkin' footstool! I've always had a footstool on my Princess cruises. Wonder if there's any chance that Celebrity will have them by my next cruise in a 1A extra large balcony in Aug, 2016?? :rolleyes:

AGREE 100%

There are dozens and dozens of perks that Celebrity can offer to differentiate the various cabin categories.

FURNITURE SHOULD NOT BE ONE OF THEM! :eek:

Each and every balcony cabin should be complete and comfortable for ALL occupants.

If they did it based on the size of balcony using the smallest AC and CC as the standard then every balcony room would have them.

AGREE 100%

There are dozens and dozens of perks that Celebrity can offer to differentiate the various cabin categories.

FURNITURE SHOULD NOT BE ONE OF THEM! :eek:

Each and every balcony cabin should be complete and comfortable for ALL occupants.

I would think that every cruise line uses the furnishings including balcony furniture as a differentiation. Suites sure would look funny if they had the same furniture as an inside cabin.

IMO it would be really silly to have even the same balcony furniture on a much larger and more expensive suite.

Also I do not think most cruise line balconies have footstools as standard items. IMO the standard balcony on the S class ships are superior to the ones on the newer Princess ships.