Carnival has ONLY "4" guests that have saled 100+ Times, yet Royal has many??

http://carnival-news.com/2012/03/20/carnival-enthusiast-sails-on-100th-fun-ship-cruise/

The following article about Carnival Passenger, Dennis Coleman; who is only the fourth person to ever sail 100+ cruises with Carnival. This equates to just over 700 days, which would be Pinnacle.

I have met many Pinnacles (60+ on my last couple of cruises) so I was wondering how Royal, gets so many Super Cruisers, like top cruiser Super Mario?

Carnival really did role out the red carpet, for this guy, more than I have seen on RCCL.

So I guess, what we may take for granted on Royal, really is a BIG DEAL on other lines!! :):p:D

Edited by gkbiiii

I think Royal had about 100 Pinnacle Members when that status was introduced a few years ago, and probably have 700-800 Pinnacle members now........just saying :D

That's a 3 year old article. Just sayin'.

I know at least 2 of Carnival's 100+ sailing club. Needless to say, we do not see ourselves sailing with them.

I would think there are more, but for sure Royal got a boost in their numbers when they did the Diamonds in December and created Pinnacle level. Lots of people did extra sailings to strive for a higher level.

Edited by shipshape sam

http://carnival-news.com/2012/03/20/carnival-enthusiast-sails-on-100th-fun-ship-cruise/

The following article about Carnival Passenger, Dennis Coleman; who is only the fourth person to ever sail 100+ cruises with Carnival. This equates to just over 700 days, which would be Pinnacle.

I have met many Pinnacles (60+ on my last couple of cruises) so I was wondering how Royal, gets so many Super Cruisers, like top cruiser Super Mario?

Carnival really did role out the red carpet, for this guy, more than I have seen on RCCL.

So I guess, what we may take for granted on Royal, really is a BIG DEAL on other lines!! :):p:D

Uhmmm really??? A banner, an Invitation to one of the specialty Restaurants and a dinner with the Captain is "really rolling out the red carpet?:rolleyes:

I guess I take the RCI pinnacle perks over that any day.

Even though the article is a bit dated, perhaps the reason for a lower number of "century" cruisers on Carnival is cruisers find they like cruising and move on to other lines. Carnival, to me at least, is more of gateway to cruising and serious cruisers soon find the grass is greener on the other side of the fence. Whether they are attracted to a great loyalty program, different demographics, more options in itineraries, they find other lines are a better fit. I don't imagine Carnival Corp. is too concerned... there is a good chance a former Carnival cruiser will still ultimately spend their cruise dollars with Carnival!

If you call that rolling out the red carpet, no wonder there aren't many 100+ cruisers on carnival.....:rolleyes:

Even though the article is a bit dated, perhaps the reason for a lower number of "century" cruisers on Carnival is cruisers find they like cruising and move on to other lines. Carnival, to me at least, is more of gateway to cruising and serious cruisers soon find the grass is greener on the other side of the fence. Whether they are attracted to a great loyalty program, different demographics, more options in itineraries, they find other lines are a better fit. I don't imagine Carnival Corp. is too concerned... there is a good chance a former Carnival cruiser will still ultimately spend their cruise dollars with Carnival!

I agree with your opinion about graduating up from Carnival. Get 'em hooked with Carnival, then send them off to HAL or Princess.

I am pretty amazed though that even with the article being 3 years old, the company would have been +/- 40 years old at the time, that they had only reached their 4th guest with 100 sailings. I would have guessed the number would be in the triple digits.

I was on Liberty of the Seas in 2010 when Mario reached 300 points under the old system. Royal did a pretty good job of rolling out the red carpet. Captain Teige recognized him from the Royal Promenade bridge, I believe during the welcome gathering:

IMG_1799_filtered.jpg

I also saw him later getting pictures taken in the boxing ring with the ship's officers, and they dedicated a plaque to him on a table on the pool deck (saying that the table was his office :)). I'm sure they did a few other things as well, not to mention the normal perks.

I did a review of that cruise and Mario chimed in with a little background info. At the time, that was his 82nd cruise on Liberty, and he had been cruising for 56 consecutive weeks!

I think Royal had about 100 Pinnacle Members when that status was introduced a few years ago, and probably have 700-800 Pinnacle members now........just saying :D

There was a post I believe on the D/D+/Pinnacle thread a few months back indicating slightly over 1000 Pinnacles. Don't remember it being disputed very much so I figured it probably was pretty close.

I have noticed that it is becoming increasingly rare to sail without Pinnacles onboard.

I agree with your opinion about graduating up from Carnival. Get 'em hooked with Carnival, then send them off to HAL or Princess.

I am pretty amazed though that even with the article being 3 years old, the company would have been +/- 40 years old at the time, that they had only reached their 4th guest with 100 sailings. I would have guessed the number would be in the triple digits.

But when did the necessary record keeping start for tracking such things ?

I would think there are more, but for sure Royal got a boost in their numbers when they did the Diamonds in December and created Pinnacle level. Lots of people did extra sailings to strive for a higher level.

Guilty as charged:D:eek::p

You missed my point. Point is that with increasing numbers there are Pinnacles on just about every cruise. They are not heading to Carnival.

I think the solution to the increasing Pinnacle crowding would be to double their cruise price when they reach 700 points. That should help.

I think the solution to the increasing Pinnacle crowding would be to double their cruise price when they reach 700 points. That should help.

Shirley you can't be serious... :D [OK, I'll stop calling you Shirley :)]

On our last cruise...we had 3 people with 75+ cruises under their belt at our dining table, and found them to be some of the nicest/most engaging people we've ever encountered.

We'll likely never make it to Pinnacle, despite really enjoying cruising and being "loyal to Royal". While Platinum now and Emerald likely in 2016...further into the future it's hard to predict.

To the original point...I'm still trying to figure out why this is a "problem", in contrast to actually being a testimony of brand satisfaction. Most companies would welcome such "problems".

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

There was a post I believe on the D/D+/Pinnacle thread a few months back indicating slightly over 1000 Pinnacles. Don't remember it being disputed very much so I figured it probably was pretty close.

I have noticed that it is becoming increasingly rare to sail without Pinnacles onboard.

Just recently sailed on Serenade a B2B very few Pinnacles onboard both weeks. Also sailed on Quantum last month and had a grand total of 3 whole Pinnacles onboard....

• 11 months later...
Royal got a boost in their numbers when they did the Diamonds in December and created Pinnacle level. Lots of people did extra sailings to strive for a higher level.

The double points on Jr suites and above helps too - Carnival does not support this for their suite guests.

Personally I feel the double points for solos is likely the fastest moving segment of the D and D+ tiers. :eek:

Edited by John&LaLa

We used to be die-hard Celebrity fans and sailed with RC a lot along with a few other lines but lately RC has been just plain annoying.

Last year we cruised out of Norfolk on Carnival and loved it! The food put RC to shame. The cabin was roomy with a good sized balcony. Check-in, crew and staff couldn't do enough for us. It really was a fun ship.

Not only that but their customer service reps are excellent., well trained and so helpful. Maybe some may still consider Carnival to be a starter cruise line but they must be stepping up because we were very pleasantly surprised.

We're looking to book another Carnival cruise out of Charleston next year. Being RC Diamond or X Elite really isn't all it's cracked up to be any more, at least for us. I doubt we'll ever make it to Pinnacle, it's really not as important to us as just enjoying whatever cruise we're on at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app