Cruise Critic Live Chat with Lisa Lutoff-Perlo - July 6

How will the new pricing impact solo cruisers? If I want to book a cabin and choose either the two perks or all perks, will the pricing be still for two or will it be for one. For example if I choose the drink package in my included perk and opt for the price that I can get a second perk and I pick the gratuities will they be for one or two and if for two will the tipped crew get double tips or just one tip even though the extra price was for two tips (assuming a solo will have to pay double for the extra perk)? I'm hoping that the extra pricing for the additional perks will be per person and that solos won't be penalized if they wish to get the two or all perks.

Thanks.

Another solo cruiser here looking for answers so I will just piggy back on the previous post...please explain how

this new system will work for us.

I know solo's have to pay double and one of my questions is there any possible way for you to decrease the

that Single Supplement? I know you will probably say "No" but without asking the question there is no way

to know for sure. I realize it is all about "The bottom line" but somewhere between 125%-150% would be

awesome....as opposed to the "usual 200%".

Thank you.

Edited by Lois R

Following on from the previous posts - will Celebrity be including any single cabins on their new ships? P&O have included single cabins (even balcony cabins) on their most recent additions and the fare is not double to sail in these. They are very popular and sell out quickly. Maybe Celebrity could do the same.

Ms. Lutoff-Perlo:

I personally would like to thank you for your time spent on this Chat. I am hoping that you understand that every word that is written will be parsed with full insinuation and inferences taken by members of this forum. I hope that you are not "sorry" after completing this Chat and that you might enjoy the fun that will ensue.

Hope you enjoyed Host Andy's birthday and Independence Day. Cruise On.:cool:

Opps, My question: Can I get a free cruise, prior to getting 3000 points?

Edited by neverbeenhere

Thank you Ms. Lutoff-Perlo for your time. A few questions regarding the Go Big, Go Better, Go Best pricing.

1) Will an upgrade from the classic to premium beverage package still be available if the classic package is one of the chosen options?

2) Will Royal Suites still receive a premium beverage package & unlimited internet automatically as perks of booking a RS?

3) Elite + CC members already receive 200 internet minutes per passenger. If the Go Best pricing is picked this is an erosion of the Elite+ benefit. In many cases 400 internet minutes for 2 guests is probably more than sufficient.

How will the Go Big... pricing affect suites? Currently, the Evergreen 123Go for suites has three of these options built into the price. If suites are also paying $45/pp/day for Go Best, then it would be equivalent to paying $45/pp/day for internet.

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for taking the time to do this, and sincere good wishes for your ongoing efforts to make Celebrity even better, with your background, no one in the company knows Celebrity better than you

1. Any plans in the near future to adding Cuba as a destination?

2. Any plans for strategic partnerships with dining onboard, or is that going to remain in house for the most part?

Thanks

John

Hello Lisa, we are from the UK.

We like to cruise out of Southampton, on the Eclipse, however we are finding the itineraries very repetitive. The Eclipse seems mostly to travel to the Baltics which we have done twice or Iceland which again we have cruised to, or for just 7 night cruises to Norway. May I suggest a round Britain cruise and a 14 night cruise to Norway including Svalbard. We do not like to fly to cruise.

Another suggestion Lisa, please can you try and move the performers and shows around the various ships more. We are getting tired of seeing the same shows and same performers.

With love from the UK x

As I understand it, the new pricing is based on upgrading to a better/best package. These are not promotions...they are fare options. As a stockholder, I'm interesting in how the stockholder benefit will treat the new fare structure. On the surface, it would appear that booking a cruise under the new pricing structure would still allow us to receive the stockholder benefit. Can you comment on this?

Hi Lisa,

I am wondering how the new GoBig promotion will affect Zenith members who already receive the Premium Beverage package and 1600 minutes of internet for free. Not really fair to charge an extra $45 pp pd for something that is already free. Maybe substitute Luminae access:) It would be nice if Zenith were able to dine in Luminae even just once per cruise:)

Welcome, Ms. Lutoff-Perlo,

A number of us have been wondering if Celebrity has scheduled a date for the introduction of the eagerly awaited next Captain's Club level above Elite Plus.

Also, if it may be called Zen (half of Zenith) as has been speculated here on Cruise Critic.

Lisa

Do you have any plans to improve Celebrity's IT? The website is incredibly poor - as an example currently the Celebrity Summit is shown departing Cape Liberty on 16 Oct arriving San Juan 22 Oct 2015 AND is also shown leaving Cape Liberty on 18 Oct arriving San Juan 24 Oct 2015. REALLY?

Thom

The promotion to win a Picnic Hamper was only available to residents of Canada & USA. In fact many offers are not for residents of UK.

We are paying customers too.

I was once told that kettles are only in the cabins on Eclipse, when sailing from Southampton, not from Miami, as the Americans don't want them. There were 605 Brits on that cruise- don't we count??

I just did a quick look at the new pricing and would like to know why solos have to pay double for any of the extra perks. Why do we pay for 2 drink packages or 2 unlimited internet packages? Why isn't the price per person and solos only have to pay the per person cost not double the per person cost?

As an example I priced the 5 Nov 2016 7 night Reflection - for the Go Best - the increase for two people it was $126 per person (or $18 per night) and for one person it was $252 (or $36 per night) and for the Go Better for two people it was $378 per person (or just over $49 per night) and for one it was $756 (or $108 per night).

I should have mentioned the above prices are in Canadian dollars.

Also since have to pay for two will we get $300 in OBC or just the $150?

Very disappointed.

Edited by brfan
Clarification

Live chat?

Do I just go to the end of the thread and Lisa joins and answers questions?

Sorry, never joined live chat

Go to the first post on this thread and you'll see the word "Link". Click on that to bring you to the Live Chat info.

I just did a quick look at the new pricing and would like to know why solos have to pay double for any of the extra perks. Why do we pay for 2 drink packages or 2 unlimited internet packages? Why isn't the price per person and solos only have to pay the per person cost not double the per person cost?

As an example I priced the 5 Nov 2016 7 night Reflection - for the Go Best - the increase for two people it was $126 per person (or $18 per night) and for one person it was $252 (or $36 per night) and for the Go Better for two people it was $378 per person (or just over $49 per night) and for one it was $756 (or $108 per night).

I should have mentioned the above prices are in Canadian dollars.

Also since have to pay for two will we get $300 in OBC or just the $150?

Very disappointed.

Exactly the question I came here to post.

Your good/better/best pricing went live today and many of us are interested in the pricing. Unfortunately, you web site is not showing the three options...on many cruises it only shows a $150pp OBC...nothing else, no choices, no other packages. Right now, the site is showing space available in cabin categories, but when you go to try to book, it forces you to change the category. Tried with many different cruises. In other words, your web site is broken and is not supporting your announcement.

Isn't it time to focus on your IT department?

Edited by ghstudio

Agree that something between Elite Plus and Zenith needs to be in place to incentivize those of us Elite Plus to reach the next level. At the current numbers, it would be nearly impossible to reach Zenith. We don't need to get a free cruise or major benefit, but something to aspire to that's within a realistic reach.

Also, can you comment on the apparent decrease in activities staff on your ships. We've been cruising with Celebrity for years and it is pretty apparent that the number of activities staff has diminished greatly. Unless we happen to get a really energetic cruise director and activities manager (and they seem to be working constantly), there simply are not enough activities on board, particularly on sea days. Was not like this in the past. We have also noted vast differences in the caliber of your cruise directors - some are wonderful and some are barely seen and heard. In our experience, an active and personable cruise director can immeasurably enhance the cruise experience, but unfortunately not all of them are at the top of their game. Thank you for your insights!

Good morning and congratulations on your new position - wishing you much success.

We have been loyal Royal cruisers and have Pinnacle status (over 1000 points) on Royal Caribbean - as our lifestyles change so will our preferences in Royal Caribbean brands. At our age, we will never reach your Zenith tier - is there any hope that there will be an equal exchange of benefits between tiers or at least Pinnacle = Elite Plus? This would be a great incentive to those of us that are loyal to the Company to cruise your Brand. Currently we have 24 cruises booked (21 on RCCL and 3 on "X") - that number could easily be the reverse if intra-brand tier levels were adjusted.

Thanks you

Why no self serve Laundromats on Celebrity? Any plans to include on the new ships? Even Crystal Cruiseline offers this service, so it is not a 'class' thing!! It would be so useful and less worrying than letting some of your favourite clothes go through the on board laundry service.