Elite Breakfast - Takeout latte?

jasm8449

DH tried to take a small glass of OJ out of the Elite breakfast to take to the cabin to take his med's with- CC host acted like he was committing a major crime. He left the breakfast in Tuscan, went next door to Blu ( we were in AQ) they gave him a glass of OJ they didn't care if he drank it there or left with it. Some rules just don't make much sense.

Are you kidding? I have gone down some 50 times to have breakfast. DW sleeps in and I always take her a smoothie or a cappuccino. CC host one day offered to deliver it for me. same on 4 different ships. The drinks were not in to go cups but rather the regular cups. We simply returned the empty cup the next day. Had to ask the steward to leave them. It has become a routine event when I cruise. It is not like I am trying to share with someone that is not Elite and the CC host knows that. And yes I always take time on the first morning to spend a few minutes with the CC host.

No, we're not kidding. The instructions on the tabletop menu board state that beverages are not to be taken from the Elite event.

You can see it in the photograph in post #52 of this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2255791&page=3

Edited by cruisestitch

Are you kidding? I have gone down some 50 times to have breakfast. DW sleeps in and I always take her a smoothie or a cappuccino. CC host one day offered to deliver it for me. same on 4 different ships. The drinks were not in to go cups but rather the regular cups. We simply returned the empty cup the next day. Had to ask the steward to leave them. It has become a routine event when I cruise. It is not like I am trying to share with someone that is not Elite and the CC host knows that. And yes I always take time on the first morning to spend a few minutes with the CC host.

Really? I had a friend who tried to take a latte out of Elite breakfast up to his wife in their stateroom. The CC hostess told him if his wife wanted an Elite latte, she should get her butt out of bed and come down and get one. :eek: Just kidding. :D

Just imagine if everyone wanted to get a bloody mary from the Elite breakfast to take back to their stateroom to take their meds. :rolleyes:

It was just OJ! Anyone can take OJ, screwdrivers, Bloody Mary's or Mimosa's, Latte's, etc from a bar to their room, just not sure what make the beverages from the Elite Breakfast so special.

It was just OJ! Anyone can take OJ, screwdrivers, Bloody Mary's or Mimosa's, Latte's, etc from a bar to their room, just not sure what make the beverages from the Elite Breakfast so special.

Obviously you are Elite, so you should know the rules about taking beverages out of the Elite functions.

Last time I tried to sneak out a glass of wine, they took away my birthday. ;)

Obviously you are Elite, so you should know the rules about taking beverages out of the Elite functions.

But, did they offer to deliver the wine for you?

Lucky you! Wish they would take away some of my birthdays!

Edited by jelayne

......Last time I tried to sneak out a glass of wine, they took away my birthday. ;)

Sigh -- If only it would really work that way; there would be a whole lot more of us sneaking drinks out, and very willing to pay extra to do so. ;):D

Thanks for this photo. In future, here is a little tip I learned on these boards! (not upset, just sharing) You can actually isolate one post by clicking on the post number in the upper right hand corner; so instead of clicking on the thread and directing people to post 52, you click on just post 52 and it comes up as a stand-alone post. :) Like this -

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=47690429&postcount=52

Of course, one could always just post the photo as well. :)

Please let me know if we ever happen to be on the same ship as I would love to be included on your morning delivery route!;)

Same here...would happily smuggle drinks to be 20 again!:D

I think it happens for two reasons - one the host knows me fairly well as DW and I travel with a distinctive traveling companion in the form of an 8" tall moose - second they know is latte is going to my wife and not someone who is not Elite. DW makes sure to say hello and explain the host will never see her when the breakfast opens. On Equinox TA in April next. Maybe will see you there.

I think it happens for two reasons - one the host knows me fairly well as DW and I travel with a distinctive traveling companion in the form of an 8" tall moose - second they know is latte is going to my wife and not someone who is not Elite. DW makes sure to say hello and explain the host will never see her when the breakfast opens. On Equinox TA in April next. Maybe will see you there.

Oh, you get special treatment because you "suck up" to the CC Hostess? :eek:

I'll have to have my wife suck up to her so she can bring me my bloody mary in the morning if I can't make it to the Elite breakfast. :rolleyes: