1 night away from Diamond +

We are 1 credit (night) away from D+.

Does RCCL make any exceptions on bumping someone up to the next level? I looked for a 1 night SEA-Vancouver repositioning or something like that to make up the day, but nothing.

Just curious if anyone else has had an experience like this. We would have made D+ on last cruise but had to cancel the first week of a B2B due to a major family moment.

Thanks

Shane

I have never heard of them making an exception. Your points are posted after the cruise, and that's when your information will update to Diamond Plus.

Really, on most ships there isn't much of a difference now days anyway between Diamond and Diamond Plus. The Diamond Clubs have everything the Concierge Lounge does or you get the Three Complimentary drinks at most non dining room bars on the ship.

Actually, this gets asked often by those moving up a level during a cruise. Answer is the same - cruise points are only earned after the cruise was completed. One person was all huffy that the LA summarily blew them off when they went to ask if they could be moved up during the cruise - so many feel rules can't possibly apply to them.

Only to pinnacle. And only while sailing. Not prior. Everyone else must wait until the cruise ends before being recognized. There is no such thing as a one night cruise. Rarely there will be a 2 or 3 nite cruise to nowhere

When reaching PC you are supposed to be recognized on the ship that you are earning your 700th point on. However, it depends on the ship as to how this is handled and whether you receive a Gold Card at that time or the following cruise.

We are 1 credit (night) away from D+.

Does RCCL make any exceptions on bumping someone up to the next level? I looked for a 1 night SEA-Vancouver repositioning or something like that to make up the day, but nothing.

Just curious if anyone else has had an experience like this. We would have made D+ on last cruise but had to cancel the first week of a B2B due to a major family moment.

Thanks

Shane

the difference between D and D+ amenities isn't much. Certainly not worth taking another cruise just to get there

We were 2 shy of Diamond with a 12-nighter coming up. I NEEDED to be Diamond for this cruise!!!!

I called up C&A but they wouldn't do anything, so instead we booked an inexpensive 7-nighter for August just a few weeks before the cruise date. Now we get the Diamond benefits on the Anthem in less than 3 weeks.

-------------

Personally I have never thought that the perks for any level were really something to get excited about. I was mainly interested in being able to be with my friends without them having to make a choice. Now that you can get drinks outside of the lounges at happy hour, it's all good.

Soon there will be so many D+ members that they'll need to create a Pinnacle Plus program with all of the perks/carrots for us to chase.

1400 points gets you a branded highlighter!

I hope they don't create any additional levels. Besides, if you look at the perks chart, there already are, sort of, levels built in to the Diamond+. Not all D+'s get the same perks. Do we really need to name them? I hope not.

We were 2 shy of Diamond with a 12-nighter coming up. I NEEDED to be Diamond for this cruise!!!!

I called up C&A but they wouldn't do anything, so instead we booked an inexpensive 7-nighter for August just a few weeks before the cruise date. Now we get the Diamond benefits on the Anthem in less than 3 weeks.

-------------

That's what we are doing. We need 2 points to get to Diamond, so we will take a 3 day cruise

so you're spending many hundreds of dollars for the couple hundred in benefits, LOL?

so you're spending many hundreds of dollars for the couple hundred in benefits, LOL?

Yes! :)

I joke about it all of the time - I spent $2,000 to save a few bucks and get a few perks. But hey, I convinced my wife to go on another cruise, to make it 3 this year, so that was worth it!

--------------