2017/2018 Deployment Thread & Opening Schedule

Andy

So, how exactly does this work? My wife and I have the Panama Canal now at the top of our list and the cabins we want sell out quickly. Not being familiar with these announcement days, I could use some clarification from those who are.

Would I just call Celebrity's main reservations line, or did my Elite monocle and tophat come with a special line for booking?

Are we able to book on the opening day for the loyalty club, or is 12/8 just the day they announce where the ships will be?

We usually book through our travel agent. Would she be able to get the same results if we were to go directly through Celebrity ?

Thanks in advance.

Perfect timing, Andy, you're the best!

We are on the Liberty in December, and I was hoping to see if Celebrity has an April/May 2017 Med itinerary that I can book. My bff and I have one on Azamara booked, but Celebrity might save us some $$ with the same/similar itinerary.

Hi Everyone,

Here's the revised deployment opening dates. Please note: The first date listed is the opening date for Captains Club Members. The second date is for the general public :

Alaska, Bermuda, Canada, New England 12/1/15, 12/4/15

Europe 12/8/15, 12/11/15

Caribbean & Exotics 12/15/15, 12/18/15

I believe this is the latest update. However, the above dates are subject to change. Hope this is helpful !

Edited by Host Andy

In the original link there were four categories. Now there are only 3. "South America, Panama Canal, Australia, & Asia" has gone missing.

I noticed that too, Host Jazzbeau. Just a guess, but perhaps that will all fall into the "exotics" category. We'll see what happens.

Thanks, Andy. Do you know when the Pacific Coastals open? Thanks, Shirley

Hi Shirley,

I do not know, but will see if I can find out tomorrow. Stay Tuned !

Andy, is Panama Canal considered "exotic" or is their deployment announcement not delayed (and is therefore not on the new list)?

Hi Hickory,

My guess is, it's the former. I will ask around tomorrow. If I hear anything, I will be happy to post on this thread.

Edited by Host Andy

Well surprise, surprise the first glimpse of Celebrities Southampton sailings in 2017 seems to be a complete repeat of 2017, lots of Baltic cruises in June, July and August, one identical Med cruise in Early Sept, followed by the usual Canary offerings, plus one or 2 Fjord sailings and even another Ireland and Iceland.

It seems that despite the feedback given by the future cruise consultants that passengers are getting very tired of the same itineraries year after year, Miami HQ have decided that they know best.

Which is a shame because I would certainly book another Eclipse Med cruise if they offered a similar itinerary to RCI's Med beaches, but I guess it will be back to P&O for 2017.

Edited by terrierjohn

Do you have any information about the transatlantic cruises from or to Southampton in 2017?

They've been posted here already. I think in the deployment thread. Let me see if I can find it. I don't think there were many changes from 2016

Here you go...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=48111529&postcount=40

Edited by Cruise Junky

The June 4th cruise looks new and really interesting.

Date Ports of Call Arrival Departure Activity

Sun 04Jun2017 Southampton, England - 4:30 PM Boarding

Mon 05Jun2017 St.Peter Port, Channel Island 7:00 AM 6:00 PM Tendered

Tue 06Jun2017 Cherbourg, France 7:00 AM 7:00 PM Docked

Wed 07Jun2017 Bruges, Belgium (Zeebrugge) 10:00 AM 6:00 PM Docked

Thu 08Jun2017 Amsterdam, Netherlands 7:00 AM - Docked

Fri 09Jun2017 Amsterdam, Netherlands - 2:00 PM Docked

Sat 10Jun2017 Paris (Le Havre), France 9:00 AM - Docked

Sun 11Jun2017 Paris (Le Havre), France - 11:59 PM Docked

Mon 12Jun2017 At Sea - - -

Tue 13Jun2017 Glasgow (Greenock), Scotland 9:00 AM 7:00 PM Docked

Wed 14Jun2017 Liverpool, England 8:00 AM 7:00 PM Docked

Thu 15Jun2017 Dublin, Ireland 4:45 AM 5:15 PM Docked

Fri 16Jun2017 Cork (Cobh), Ireland 7:00 AM 6:00 PM Docked

Sat 17Jun2017 At Sea - - -

Sun 18Jun2017 Southampton, England 5:30 AM - Departure

Well surprise, surprise the first glimpse of Celebrities Southampton sailings in 2017 seems to be a complete repeat of 2017, lots of Baltic cruises in June, July and August, one identical Med cruise in Early Sept, followed by the usual Canary offerings, plus one or 2 Fjord sailings and even another Ireland and Iceland.

It seems that despite the feedback given by the future cruise consultants that passengers are getting very tired of the same itineraries year after year, Miami HQ have decided that they know best.

Which is a shame because I would certainly book another Eclipse Med cruise if they offered a similar itinerary to RCI's Med beaches, but I guess it will be back to P&O for 2017.

Yeah, these itineraries are getting beyond dull. We are moving our cruising away from Celebrity because all of the itineraries repeat themselves. Look at Azamara - they have better itineraries from Southampton and in 2018 will be sailing from the Tower Bridge. We are switching most of our bookings over to Azamara. I will wait until the full slate of 2017 sailings are out until i judge, but they have been getting increasingly disappointing.

Michael

Couldn't agree more. July and August is Baltic followed by Baltic followed by Baltic etc. We are with celebrity in the Baltic for 2016 but we don't want to go every year! We will also go back to P& O or Princess. Shame.

Can anybody post the full itineraries? or provide a link to them? We are looking for Baltics in 2017, but hoping for something a little different to the 2014 version.

They're all on the Celebrity UK website - unless it's blocked outside the UK!

Stuart

I thought the Europe and TA deployment schedule would be released today. Can't find it.

It won't be released until 8 December for Captain's Club Members, then a few days later to the general public. It's my understanding you have to call for prices and to book at that time.

They're all on the Celebrity UK website - unless it's blocked outside the UK!

Stuart

Found them - Thank you, think i was checking to early this morning. Nice to see a little variation, a new stop in Denmark - not sure on a double overnight in St. Petersburg, I like overnights but St. Petersburg is a little more difficult to get around...any thoughts?