Oasis not porting in town

Neither the Havensight nor Crown Bay piers are close to downtown Charlotte Amalie on St. Thomas. Only small ferries or tenders, latter very rarely, dock in the downtown area so OP didn't research this well. ;)

Edited by robtulipe

I (and many others) have walked to Charlotte Amalie from Havensight.

Not from Crown Bay.

But I agree. Neither one is "in town" and the vast majority of cruisers get a taxi/open air truck/bus thingy.

But that original post WAS a brain teaser, wasn't it? ;)

Neither the Havensight nor Crown Bay piers are close to downtown Charlotte Amalie on St. Thomas. Only small ferries or tenders, latter very rarely, dock in the downtown area so OP didn't research this well. ;)

Oasis Class has only ever docked at Crown Bay. Seeing as Oasis has been in the Caribbean for almost 6 years, minus dry dock, I am surprised that the OP is surprised. :)

I (and many others) have walked to Charlotte Amalie from Havensight.

Not from Crown Bay.

But I agree. Neither one is "in town" and the vast majority of cruisers get a taxi/open air truck/bus thingy.

But that original post WAS a brain teaser, wasn't it? ;)

I'll take port towns for $500, Alex.:D

Oasis Class has only ever docked at Crown Bay. Seeing as Oasis has been in the Caribbean for almost 6 years, minus dry dock, I am surprised that the OP is surprised. :)

Maybe they are an unhappy camper. ;)

Edited by A&L_Ont

However, I have walked from both locations and the walk from Havensight is much more enjoyable than the walk from Crown Bay since the pedestrian walkway was built from Havensight to town.

Edited by Ocean Boy

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry.....just checking back on this and I do apologize for not being clearer when I initially posted. Isn't it easy to ridicule and berate your fellow cruisers on here...hiding behind a computer screen? Regardless, I am still a Happy Camper ;)

I am glad that you are happy.

But we were just having some fun.

Happy New Year!

:)

Sorry.....just checking back on this and I do apologize for not being clearer when I initially posted. Isn't it easy to ridicule and berate your fellow cruisers on here...hiding behind a computer screen? Regardless, I am still a Happy Camper ;)

You kinda had it coming. (And look where you ARE .. this is Cruise Critic!)

Still, you haven't clarified your concerns, that you expressed in you original post. Did other posters correctly guess your initial concerns?