No daily water in Aqua class per Corp email to ship

TJW

Celebrity Cruises offers modern luxury service to all of our guests, with additional perks for those in select stateroom categories. Along with guests in Sky Suites and Celebrity Suites, all AquaClass guests receive two complimentary 16.9 oz. bottles of water upon embarkation. Guests in regular veranda staterooms do not receive complimentary bottled water. All guests can take advantage of outstanding perks like a classic beverage package, through our goBig! goBetter! goBest! offer on select sailings.

Celebrity Cruises offers modern luxury service to all of our guests........... All guests can take advantage of outstanding perks like a classic beverage package, through our goBig! goBetter! goBest! offer on select sailings.

If I'm paying extra for something, how can you call it a perk????:confused:

i just got an email titled "Captain's Club Members : Exciting News Just for You " and my immediate thought was "Uh-oh, what are they eliminating now?". :(

Not a real good attitude they've engendered in me.

(It was a notification about Presidents and Reunion cruises)

I wonder if the president will get the daily water in his suite?:rolleyes:

If I'm paying extra for something, how can you call it a perk????:confused:

If that is the case, then X can remove any of the 'perks' associated with any class of stateroom at any time. Basically, you are paying for a cabin size (location can also by altered if they so wish ;)). Pointless having different levels of stateroom; best booking the basic size/balcony/pothole you require and paying additional, once onboard, for any other guaranteed services you may require.

It's similar to the itinerary changes on the Israel cruise posted on CC. Many kept reiterating that you're only paying for a sailing - the itinerary doesn't matter so X can change it if they wish.

Do wonder what's coming next.....

Edited by villauk

Celebrity Cruises offers modern luxury service to all of our guests, with additional perks for those in select stateroom categories. Along with guests in Sky Suites and Celebrity Suites, all AquaClass guests receive two complimentary 16.9 oz. bottles of water upon embarkation. Guests in regular veranda staterooms do not receive complimentary bottled water. All guests can take advantage of outstanding perks like a classic beverage package, through our goBig! goBetter! goBest! offer on select sailings.

Are you for real :eek:. What a ridiculous response to this situation and, as has already been pointed out Go Big, Better, Best or whatever nonsense this is is not a perk but an offer costing extra money.

People who booked Aqua staterooms when free water was part of the deal should receive it. This is definitely NOT modern luxury.

If this is your response to legitimate concerns you would have been better saying nothing at all.

Edited by CABINET

Well, now we all know the definition of "modern luxury" -- remove the long-standing Aqua Class amenity of daily delivery of bottled water and substitute just two "welcome" bottles of water! Those two bottles of water, per cruise, are just the height of "modern luxury." This was a bad corporate decision and is just annoying customers.

A few minutes ago I finally received a response to my e-mail to Celebrity regarding this issue. That e-mail wording is identical to the post by the official Celebrity poster.

You still have not responded as to whether all the concierge pecks have been eliminated from aqua along with the daily water. Since they are no longer listed on your first post on this thread, can we assume they are gone also?

Cynthia

The FACT is that you are clearly in breach of UK Consumer Law, and I truly hope that affected clients see you in court. If people booked when you were advertising free water every day for AQ clients, then you have broken an implicit contract. Trading Standards could even prosecute you for misleading advertising, and I hope they do.

I always appreciate the efforts you make to keep posters on this forum informed.

However, I must say that is the lamest response one could imagine. Why not say, "as of now, Aqua guests get only 2 bottles of water, get over it".

To be fair to all of us who booked before this cutback, I feel they should provide an onboard credit for the amount of the bottled water they will not be leaving in the AQ staterooms.

I booked the Summit for a 2016 New England/Canada cruise in an AQ1, expecting to be offered the water in the room every day of the 14 night voyage. Never thought they would take away that feature.

I also never thought they would create a Rooftop Terrace that shows movies, right over the cabin......the jury is still out on that.

P.S. If anyone else has made this suggestion, I apologize, have not had a chance to read the entire thread.

I always appreciate the efforts you make to keep posters on this forum informed.

However, I must say that is the lamest response one could imagine. Why not say, "as of now, Aqua guests get only 2 bottles of water, get over it".

Rich:

I posted this before, they don't give opinions and my guess is that they do not know what the perk was a month ago. I also appreciate their efforts as in the past they have cleared up many things which have come into question. Again, they are not going to give an opinion. I'd almost bet also that the Celebrity Cruises poster is not one person but several.

I have been following this very long thread just because it caught my attention, so I don't have a dog in this fight BUT..... Those who booked under a certain set of circumstances AND benefits "should" still be able to get the amenities promised! Where in heavens name are your Travel Agents and why aren't they securing your Amenties in Writing because of the dates of your bookings????

Serious work needs to be done in writing and endless discussion on Cruise Critic is not helping you get your water. I would be pissed and my travel agent would be contacting her Account Exec.

Ok sorry to bother you all and I will return to wrapping Christmas presents, I feel the Force is with me :)

Rich:

I posted this before, they don't give opinions and my guess is that they do not know what the perk was a month ago. I also appreciate their efforts as in the past they have cleared up many things which have come into question. Again, they are not going to give an opinion. I'd almost bet also that the Celebrity Cruises poster is not one person but several.

But really Don, to do nothing but paste a corporate speak blurb on a thread like this is nothing but saying "we really don't care, this is what it is". How about even a bogus "we listened to our guests" line? Personally, I don't care about the water because I never have or & never will book Aqua class, but to take something so basic away after people booked in good faith, is just BS. The fact that it's just another part of the overall petty cost cutting measures makes it even worse.

Edited by richsea

Why on earth would you repeat this disappointing recitation about the dimunition of our perks? .Hope folks on the Presidents cruise tell her what a cheapo move this is....and that Celeb Cruises posts are no longer anything but PR..company line..

we now have 4 AQ bookings, 3 booked before the take back, and hope our daily water perk on those cruises wil be honored .

Why on earth would you repeat this disappointing recitation about the dimunition of our perks? .Hope folks on the Presidents cruise tell her what a cheapo move this is....and that Celeb Cruises posts are no longer anything but PR..company line..

we now have 4 AQ bookings, 3 booked before the take back, and hope our daily water perk on those cruises wil be honored .

Ours weren't honered on our last cruise in Aqua! And I mean LAST cruise in Aqua! Blu not worth it and the location was at the opposite end of the spa! I had a drink package so didn't need the water and never used one on the Aqua cruise in Oct. I gave all of them back to the room steward at the end of the cruise!

Edited by riredsox
spelling

Is that really the best response you can come up with?

I am so glad that I cancelled my 2016 Celebrity cruise and didn't bother booking one for 2017.

Did Celebrity really just put an advertisement in the middle of this thread? I am just speechless! You can't go big and get the drink package on a TA!

Very interesting for Celebrity to tell people to take the drink package under the BBB promotion when it is not offered on all sailings especially on the Transatlantic's. Bad, bad response to the bottled water issue. I guess we can all sit back and see what perks that we were promised at booking will be eliminated before we sail :eek:

You are not addressing the real issue here. The issue is that when I booked my cruise I was promised one thing, and now that it's time to take my cruise you are not fulfilling your obligation. I call this a bait and switch tactic. You can promise anything, but how can we ever trust you again?

Whoever agreed this post could be made should be shot!

Go get a dictionary. Beverage packages cost many guests, so it's not a perk

No recognition you are again short changing those who booked with the promise of daily water

Do you really think it's acceptable to treat guests like that and then post a post avoiding the subject but peppered with the modern luxury bs?

I am not personally affected by this change but I don't like to see fellow cruisers treated like this.

Edited by uktog