Favorite RCCL cruise

Susie51

What is your favorite RCCL cruise?

My favorite cruise is 5 night Bermuda cruise in 2012 in a Grand Suite. Second favorite is 7 night W. Carib. in 2015 which was also in a GS. I enjoy having dinner on the balcony and the ports of call.

I'd have to say that it's a toss up between our 11 night cruise years ago on the Empress of the Seas (because it was out of San Juan, included about 8 ports and the ship turned out to be my favorite) or our 2010 12 night European cruise (because it was out of Barcelona and, well, it's Europe). Of course, I like to think that my favorite cruise is always the one I'm about to take...

Edited by 2tall

What did you enjoy about that more than a caribbean, alaska, or med?

Relaxation (lots of sea days), multinational demographic, enrichment lectures, and ending up in a different place from where we started.

January 2009 10 day cruise out of Barcelona on Brilliance. We visited Malaga (went to Grenada and toured the Alhambra), Lanzarote and Tenerife in the Canary Islands, Casablanca, and Cadiz. Since it was January there were no crowds at any of the shore attractions. I wish RCI would go back to Spain in the winter. I know the Med was Hard on Brilliance, but if they just did the Canary Islands and stayed out of the Mediterranean Sea then maybe the seas would not be so rough. We can't wait to go back to the Med and cruise again.

My favorite cruise is 5 night Bermuda cruise in 2012 in a Grand Suite. Second favorite is 7 night W. Carib. in 2015 which was also in a GS. I enjoy having dinner on the balcony and the ports of call.

Great thread Susie. Neat to see various responses.

Mine were The Med/Adriatic last year (OV deck 3), Greece/Turkey 2011 (interior deck 7) and Panama/ABC islands out of Colon 3 years ago (JS corner aft on Vision... the most amazing balcony ever!!!). The cabin for me has not ended up being the deciding factor... For me the best long term memories have been the awe of the ports of call/culture and not the ship themselves. I think once I get to retirement age I will not be sailing the Carib on 7 day itineraries over and over and over again... the way to go for me will be longer itineraries in Europe and elsewhere to explore the world imho. :D

EDIT: Thinking about this more, I had a superb Quantum cruise not only for the new ship experience, but also meeting some awesome people like Merion-Mom, Beachcruzer, mommabean and others from Cruise Critic. Just recently on Jewel got to meet elleluv... to me makes a difference in who you meet and the friendships. Would love to sail with them again and is a great reason why so many cruisers plan to cruise with each other regardless of ship & itinerary.

Edited by Hoopster95

I'd have to say that it's a toss up between our 11 night cruise years ago on the Empress of the Seas (because it was out of San Juan, included about 8 ports and the ship turned out to be my favorite) or our 2010 12 night European cruise (because it was out of Barcelona and, well, it's Europe). Of course, I like to think that my favorite cruise is always the one I'm about to take...

Yes, this cruise. 11-night Southern Caribbean on the Empress out of San Juan in 2006. Also that's the cruise where I met my husband and my entire life changed dramatically (for the better :D)

Edited by Sandy Sails

For me, this was a thought provoking question because although RCI is my favorite line, my most favorite cruises have been on other lines. Make sense? :o

For RCI, I'd have to go with my 2004 wedding cruise on Adventure out of SJ. We got married on day 2 in St. Thomas and the rest of the cruise was a big party for us and our families.

I was unemployed but we did a 10 day Hawaii cruise anyway in a inside cabin about 12 years ago, we were upgraded to a small outside cabin that was great. One night on the cruise after dinner we passed a active volcano pouring a river on red lava into the ocean and could see the steam rise of the ocean, captain said we had plenty of time and turned the boat around so we could see it from any outside cabin, we were on top deck the whole time. Other great cruise is getting engaged on Sovereign in 1990. Last 2 cruise in GS has totally spoiled me.

I really love the Transatlantic cruises. Especially the last one on Vision. I think Bob would agree that it was a pretty special cruise.

BUT......my favorite cruise has to be our 15 night Legend of the Seas cruise in the Baltic Sea. Really had a blast! The 3 nights in Russia were incredible. St Petersburg is a unbelievable beauty and the day spent in Moscow was something I thought I would never do.

Edited by Beachammo