Moved from our corner aft!

It looks like your cruise is basically sold out. If they do fix whatever issue that is not allowing anyone to use that room, they probably will immediately give it to someone currently holding a guarantee. You can try to get it, but in Royal's mind they upgraded you for the inconvenience.

Great news! I had asked RCI if they would contact the people in the other corner aft and ask if they would like the upgrade to Jr Suite and let us have their cabin and they agreed! So we still have a corner aft, just on the other side! :D

Thanks to all of you who gave positive and helpful responses!:)

Great news! I had asked RCI if they would contact the people in the other corner aft and ask if they would like the upgrade to Jr Suite and let us have their cabin and they agreed! So we still have a corner aft, just on the other side! :D

Congratulations! Your persistence paid off. It's nice to hear Royal was willing to help.

Edited by cruiseguy1016

very cool, good for you and RCCL

We call her the "seagull poster". She flies in, craps all over everything, and then flies away.

:D

Well, then, it is apparent I did miss something. I have never paid much attention to that stuff. On that note... my apologies :o

It's pretty impressive that RCI went as far as that and got you the cabin you prefer. Many times the right thing to do doesn't happen.

Edited by lv2bcruzin

Well, then, it is apparent I did miss something. I have never paid much attention to that stuff. On that note... my apologies :o

It's pretty impressive that RCI went as far as that and got you the cabin you prefer. Many times the right thing to do doesn't happen.

Normally I wouldn't respond to anyone that way, and never have on CC, but I'm sick of seeing their fly by posts that sometimes give really bad advice.

I'm very grateful to RCI and especially to the couple who agreed to take the upgrade. According to Resolutions, they were happy to get the Jr Suite. So, it looks like everybody's happy. Yay! :D

That -is- good news! Still......if it were me....I'd still try to find out if my original cabin was in use. I wouldn't bother the occupants but there's a good chance your steward does both cabins.......he/she would know.

Talk about a WIN-WIN!

You get the corner aft that you prefer.

That other couple thinks that they have died and gone to heaven with an upgrade to a Junior Suite!

Nice work!

:)

I agree with Steve. Even though it worked out good for you, I'd still be curious to know if the other cabin is booked out. Now that you both have corners, you have kind of something in common that you could bring up if you ever see them in the hall. If they say something like, "My uncle works for Royal so they got us a good deal..." you can have an aha moment.

But, congratulations on getting the other cabin. And, hopefully, they really did contact the people in the other cabin or else they may be coming to see you on the cruise :rolleyes:

Tom

That -is- good news! Still......if it were me....I'd still try to find out if my original cabin was in use. I wouldn't bother the occupants but there's a good chance your steward does both cabins.......he/she would know.

Have you ever stayed in one of the corner afts on Vision? I have and would give up a larger cabin for that larger balcony. I was out there so much more than in my cabin.

To the OP, fight it and please do let us know how it turns out. Have been hearing stories like this far too often lately.

Totally agree. We had a corner aft on Vision that I also booked way in advance and it was amazing. The balcony, WOW!

OP, hope you get it back.

YAY, so happy to hear. YOu are going to love that cabin.

YEA!!!!!!! That is amazing how well that worked out. Enjoy your lovely cruise. :)

Great thinking Peachy...SUCCESS! Gotta Love it! I would've been mighty peeved too!

Can you not read? We booked that cabin 18 months ago for the balcony. That it is a much nicer space TO YOU is irrelevant. We care MUCH MORE about the balcony than the cabin.

Exactly. We have been wanting an aft cabin for a while, but we usually don't book far enough in advance. We have a b2b next April and booked jr suites since the aft cabins were sold out. An aft balcony cabin became available so we jumped at the chance to have the aft and gave up the jr suite. I would much rather have the aft balcony than more room. Now if we could just get an aft cabin on the 18 day part of the b2b.

Congratulations! Your persistence paid off. It's nice to hear Royal was willing to help.

I am very happy that she persisted and got the afternoon cabin. I personally don't think RC helped her very much. After finding out that she was more interested in the aft cabin than the "upgrade" they should have tried themselves to see if the other aft people would be interested in the upgrade. They should have done that instead of her having to waste her time. RC recieves a BIG FAIL in my opinion.

Wow, you really think outside of the box! Nice!

After finding out that she was more interested in the aft cabin than the "upgrade" they should have tried themselves to see if the other aft people would be interested in the upgrade. They should have done that instead of her having to waste her time. RC recieves a BIG FAIL in my opinion.

Well, none of us thought of it, either. :)

Maybe now the employees involved in this case will start doing that in the future.

(since I've so far had 1700 and 1864 on Freedom, a chosen panoramic OV room on Vision, and we'll be in 7688 on Adventure...*very specific* staterooms are important to me! so I was having a small panic attack for the OP!)

Sweet. Very good idea on your part. I am surprised they would ask them but glad its resolved to your satifaction.

My curiousity would get the best of me and I'd be over where the other cabin is just to see if it was occupied.

Bill

I am in shock :eek:...That RCI would do this for you...You are very lucky!

Good luck getting a satisfactory resolution.

I wouldn't believe them either. Stay after them.

They moved me from our end balcony for construction when they were adding the suites back there which is understandable.

The fun started when a couple weeks before our cruise was to depart they starting booking the completed suites which meant construction was finished so I called and resolutions swore up and down that the cabin I was previously booked in would not be occupied on our cruise.

I wound up one deck up and about 3 or 4 cabins from the end.

Sure enough one night the aqua theater show was going on and I was out on my balcony and looked down and sure enough there was a guy on my previously booked cabin filming the show with his phone.

Bill

On our Oasis TA after dry dock many construction workers were on board-1000- and they occupied cabins. Many cabins were by the construction areas as we saw them on their decks which were by the new Aft cabins being built. They were dressed in construction clothes not flip flops and shorts etc.:D

We had 1400 on the Freedom booked for two of us a year and a half. We have an aft booked for the two of us on the Navigator in December (and have for a year and a half). Them changing it or "upgrading" us is my biggest fear. It's almost not worth the stress to book the afts. Almost...;)