Moved from our corner aft!

So I booked this cruise 18 months ago specifically to get a corner aft on Vision leaving April 9th. I just opened an email and they have moved us to a Jr Suite, not an aft. Now I know some might be happy with an upgrade, but we are not! I have my preferences set to no upgrade. Called C&A and they said it was a maintenance issue? They can't fix that in a week? I'm not buying it! Resolutions is working on it and they are supposed to call me back. We were really looking forward to that corner aft balcony!

Hopefully they can get you something.

If the room flooded then I can see how that room would not be available.

It will be interesting when you are on board if you can swing over to that room and ask a cabin steward whether or not it is occupied.

Keith

So I booked this cruise 18 months ago specifically to get a corner aft on Vision leaving April 9th. I just opened an email and they have moved us to a Jr Suite, not an aft. Now I know some might be happy with an upgrade, but we are not! I have my preferences set to no upgrade. Called C&A and they said it was a maintenance issue? They can't fix that in a week? I'm not buying it! Resolutions is working on it and they are supposed to call me back. We were really looking forward to that corner aft balcony!

Good luck getting a satisfactory resolution.

I wouldn't believe them either. Stay after them.

They moved me from our end balcony for construction when they were adding the suites back there which is understandable.

The fun started when a couple weeks before our cruise was to depart they starting booking the completed suites which meant construction was finished so I called and resolutions swore up and down that the cabin I was previously booked in would not be occupied on our cruise.

I wound up one deck up and about 3 or 4 cabins from the end.

Sure enough one night the aqua theater show was going on and I was out on my balcony and looked down and sure enough there was a guy on my previously booked cabin filming the show with his phone.

Bill

Sorry to hear that, please let us know what happens.

I would definitely let them know that if that cabin is occupied by anyone else during the cruise there will be hell to pay! Get as much in writing as you can just in case. Oh, and demand double points for the JS - you aren't really entitled since it's a free upgrade but I'd go for it.

Somebody probably wanted your cabin, so they gave you an "upgrade", which you didn't want. Is your cabin still available? If it is, shouldn't be a problem getting it back. If it isn't, tell them to give whoever has it, your upgrade.

Good luck getting a satisfactory resolution.

I wouldn't believe them either. Stay after them.

They moved me from our end balcony for construction when they were adding the suites back there which is understandable.

The fun started when a couple weeks before our cruise was to depart they starting booking the completed suites which meant construction was finished so I called and resolutions swore up and down that the cabin I was previously booked in would not be occupied on our cruise.

I wound up one deck up and about 3 or 4 cabins from the end.

Sure enough one night the aqua theater show was going on and I was out on my balcony and looked down and sure enough there was a guy on my previously booked cabin filming the show with his phone.

Bill

Did you pursue it after you got home. That would not have made me very happy!!

Hopefully they can get you something.

It will be interesting when you are on board if you can swing over to that room and ask a cabin steward whether or not it is occupied.

Keith

And if it is occupied, I'd immediately go to Guest Services and file a complaint. I don't think they'll do anything for you right then but at least your complaint will be on record so you can follow up with RCI after you get off. I think I would even knock on the door and ask the occupants how/when they booked the cabin. Don't get confrontational and start a fight, but ask so you have the information when you talk to RCI about it.

Did you pursue it after you got home. That would not have made me very happy!!

I don't believe I did.My wife told me to let it go. She's always right.:)

We still had the best cruise ever except for the brief time when I saw someone on my balcony when my blood pressure shot up.

They wouldn't even let me pay to upgrade to a better cabin, saying i would lose my OBC even though they are the ones that moved me.

I couldn't get anywhere until people from this forum helped me out getting RCI's attention on Facebook. Then resolutions called.

Bill

Even that wouldn't be an excuse in my book...

Our corner aft 1700 on Freedom DID FLOOD entirely...on day 2 or 3 in May 2013. We came back from the pool to find water pouring from the bathroom. It went all the way to the balcony door before they got it stopped. There was enough to make ripples as the boat rocked, so yes it was plenty wet. Sent us to dinner and removed all the furniture then had the entire room carpet and pad replaced by the time we were ready for bed. We even had a towel animal! :D

If you don't get the cabin you originally booked, keep that JS...much nicer space!

Have you ever stayed in one of the corner afts on Vision? I have and would give up a larger cabin for that larger balcony. I was out there so much more than in my cabin.

To the OP, fight it and please do let us know how it turns out. Have been hearing stories like this far too often lately.

I understand, really love the aft view, we have a aft corner GS for Brilliance this September

Somebody probably wanted your cabin, so they gave you an "upgrade", which you didn't want. Is your cabin still available? If it is, shouldn't be a problem getting it back. If it isn't, tell them to give whoever has it, your upgrade.

I already told them to move whoever is in that cabin to the Jr Suite. But they're claiming it's a maintenance issue.

I already told them to move whoever is in that cabin to the Jr Suite. But they're claiming it's a maintenance issue.

If they keep saying it's a maintenance issue, maybe you can negotiate a GS or OS to help get over your disappointment. I think I'd try. We love aft balconies, and we've never had to change when we've booked one, but I think I might be able to give one up for a full suite.:p

Judy

It seems like more and more getting the cabin you actually wanted is kind of a crap shoot. Some people, like you, reserve well in advance to get a special room, but RCI reserves the right to move you (for just about any reason they drum up) so someone with more clout can get your room. There's no way to know the whole back story, but it would be interesting if you could find out if someone else is in your room or if it really is closed for maintenance.

Sorry this happened to you. I would love to get moved to a Jr. Suite, but I've never been in a corner aft room so maybe that one is even better.

Doesn't matter though. It's what you wanted and what you reserved. If it really was taken away for maintenance then that may be understandable, but if it was taken so they could give it to someone else then ... well... there ought to be a law.

I hope you report back after the cruise. I know I'd be interested.

Tom

If you don't get the cabin you originally booked, keep that JS...much nicer space!

Can you not read? We booked that cabin 18 months ago for the balcony. That it is a much nicer space TO YOU is irrelevant. We care MUCH MORE about the balcony than the cabin.

If they keep saying it's a maintenance issue, maybe you can negotiate a GS or OS to help get over your disappointment. I think I'd try. We love aft balconies, and we've never had to change when we've booked one, but I think I might be able to give one up for a full suite.:p

Judy

I will be trying that, but they are saying the only thing left is a JR Suite. I just can't imagine what the problem is that can't be fixed by the 9th! The website shows the cruise as sold out.

I'll bet they'll suddenly get that "maintenance issue" fixed and somebody will be in that cabin. I've had a few aft cabins and they're wonderful. They, at least should have had the courtesy to call. Keep after them, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Good luck.

Can you not read? We booked that cabin 18 months ago for the balcony. That it is a much nicer space TO YOU is irrelevant. We care MUCH MORE about the balcony than the cabin.

Did I miss something? Why the overly dramatic response to a very simple post? You come here to post your displeasure and in most cases have received support. After seeing that response your cause has become irrelevant and you deserve support no longer. Go b**ch and moan somewhere else.

Edited by lv2bcruzin

Did I miss something? Why the overly dramatic response to a very simple post? You come here to post your displeasure and in most cases have received support. After seeing that response your cause has become irrelevant and you deserve support no longer. Go b**ch and moan somewhere else.

Yes, you did miss something because this particular person is constantly giving bad and irrelevant advice and then they never come back. I'm not interested in their opinion of what THEY think is a better space.

Yes, you did miss something because this particular person is constantly giving bad and irrelevant advice and then they never come back. I'm not interested in their opinion of what THEY think is a better space.

We call her the "seagull poster". She flies in, craps all over everything, and then flies away.

:D