Your Best of the Best Experience...

Lastdance

What is the best experience that you have had on a Celebrity cruise and was that your first, second or ? cruise.:)

Ours was the opportunity to get an S1 cabin, eat in any restaurant and was out on the helipad...along with OBC that we HAD to spend!

Edited by Lastdance

The worst and the best, if that can be.

Husband had back problems when we boarded the Reflection last November. He toughed through it for 3 days, with a visit to the infirmary. When it became obvious that he was having NO fun, we decided to fly home from Jamaica.

The concierge handled all the arrangements in record time, then went so far as to help wheel our luggage to the cab which would take us to the airport. Above and beyond, although she said she does this all the time.

Best experience was being upgraded from Concierge to an aft corner suite on a 12 day Mediterranean cruise on the Solstice . Our friends and Daughter and husband also got upgraded. Seems someone wanted our cabins. We had hump cabins.

Then we had dinner at Murano in their private room (included in the suite package) and the service and food was spectacular.

Lastdance - dang, you must live a very magical life if you have nothing positive to say about being onboard an X ship - I am thankful as I think I have had many many great moments on Celebrity ships! But what popped into my mind first was sailing into Kotor, in heavy fog. Standing out on deck it seemed like we must be going to sail right up onto the shore - we were moving oh so slowly thru a very narrow channel - at one point the captain sounded the horn - I am surprised no one accidentally jumped overboard.

I'm still working - so often when my days get tedious I let my mind wander to our next sailing on one of the Celebrity ships. We started sailing when our girls were young and we all enjoyed many adventures together thru the years. Now we are empty nesters and have made wonderful friends that we sail with about once a year. So many good memories and two more booked itineraries to look forward to!

Our 5th overall cruise, and the first on Celebrity, was taken with my DH, our 3 children ( at that time ranging in age from high school to college freshman,) and my parents (who are now deceased).:( It was a wonderful cruise and my children being able to have quality time with their grandparents was priceless. Lot's of love and laughs!

We loved that Celebrity cruise on the Millie in 2003! We were treated like special people the entire week. The ship was elegant. Food and service were excellent.

Things were different back then, but we still enjoy Celebrity to this day.;)

Edited by Iamthesea

There have been numerous, great experiences for us.

Sail away from Sydney harbor was spectacular. The Sydney Bridge on one side...the Opera House on the other.

Sailing under the Golden Gate Bridge never fails to bring an excited feeling.

Sail away from Venice is another beautiful sight.

All our cruising experiences have been wonderful.

I've been loyal to Royal for many years but the best experience I ever had was on Celebrity this year..... my first on Celebrity..... on Solstice..... the whole cruise is in my blog in the sig below but the specific event was being invited onto the bridge to watch the proceedings for a technical stop at Willis Island out in the Great Barrier Reef. I had 3 days of anticipation and 45 minutes of feeling like a kid at Christmas. I've been on a bridge before, on a paid 'behind the scenes' tour...... this was a personal invitation. Still awed by the whole thing.

Edited by NorbertsNiece

Celebrity Eclipse, my one and only Celebrity cruise thus far: My best experiences were dinners in Murano and Tuscan Grill. The service and the cuisine met and exceeded my expectations. These experiences join with the Behind the Scenes Tour that was very well conducted (although there were too long waits at some Departments for the Head of the Department to make an appearance as he/she was supposed to do). Lunch in the Tuscan Grill concluded that tour and that made-up for any disappointments.

I came across this thread just a few moments ago while researching the possibility of a future Celebrity cruise for me and my wife. We have cruised several times on RC and are leaning toward a Sky Suite on Celebrity, just not sure of the date or itinerary yet.

It's so refreshing to read through all the positive comments made so far, and I hope many more will be added. Thanks to everyone who has contributed so far and a special thanks to Lastdance for starting this thread.

Lastdance - dang, you must live a very magical life if you have nothing positive to say about being onboard an X ship - I am thankful as I think I have had many many great moments on Celebrity ships! But what popped into my mind first was sailing into Kotor, in heavy fog. Standing out on deck it seemed like we must be going to sail right up onto the shore - we were moving oh so slowly thru a very narrow channel - at one point the captain sounded the horn - I am surprised no one accidentally jumped overboard.

I'm still working - so often when my days get tedious I let my mind wander to our next sailing on one of the Celebrity ships. We started sailing when our girls were young and we all enjoyed many adventures together thru the years. Now we are empty nesters and have made wonderful friends that we sail with about once a year. So many good memories and two more booked itineraries to look forward to!

Suec12,

I actually started the post and was wondering why it wasn't getting mote positive attention. All the negativity is a real downer; glad you enjoy Celebrity like we do and many others!

We've had many wonderful experiences but one which stands out is on the Millie in 2011. When we arrived back to the ship after our last port of call in Curacao, senior officers were outside handing out champagne to everyone before they boarded the ship. What a nice surprise!

Lots of great cruises on X, over the years -- but the absolute best would be our Summit to Bermuda cruise last May. There were some down-sides to that trip: Bermuda itself was so windy that we had to revise all of our on-shore activities. No let-up in the wind for the whole three days. The ferry to St. George was even canceled -- which made for badly over-crowded buses. To top it all off, my brand-new crown came loose, while I was sitting on my balcony -- eating a piece of brie. :eek:

But, even with all of that, it was still my favorite X cruise. A week or two before the cruise, we got our very first visit from the upgrade fairy. Thanks to her, we got to see how the 'other half' live, ie: our very first Celebrity Suite. ;) We loved Luminae, and Jole in Michael's Club made our cruise amazing! But, the very best part was being invited to dine with Staff Captain Nigel Smyth -- on my birthday, no less! :cool:

Edited by wwcruisers

Sorry Lastdance - I did not realize you had started the thread! I only noted the comment right above mine and obviously did not get your tone? sarcasm? from the post. I did not notice the thread earlier and the lack of response. I certainly do notice that many days the "whine glass" is more than half full around here. Much nicer to read the positive experiences so many of us have onboard. Again, sorry for the snark I aimed at you :)

Edited by suec12

many days the "whine glass" is more than half full around here. Much nicer to read the positive experiences so many of us have onboard.

While I, too, have seen some "whining" on the boards in the past, I can say nothing but good things about our only (SO FAR!!) Celebrity cruise.

As it was a very special occasion, we reserved a Sky Suite aboard the Solstice.

After booking over a year before anyone even mentioned Luminae, we got to be among the very first to experience the new suite restaurant and the all-star cast of waiters, assistants, as well as the first Maitre de (Linda).

For 18 wonderful days, we had the best cabin, service, room stewards, meals, and weather.

Riding Solstice from Sydney to Honolulu in spring 2015, our itinerary called for stops in New Zealand, Tahiti, Moorea, Bora Bora, and Maui. But it was the EXTRA STOP that made this cruise completely unique.

The Solstice was called upon to rescue two men stranded on tiny Malden island.:eek: We cruised nine hours off course each way to get to them. You can see the story here ...

http://www.maritime-executive.com/article/cruise-ship-rescues-sailors-from-remote-island

The careers of the senior officers counted a combined total of well over one hundred sea-faring years and only one had been involved with a sea rescue before so I am pretty sure this will always be our once-in-a-lifetime best-of-the-best cruise experience.

It will be hard for our next Celebrity cruise (Millennium 2017) to be better.:):)

Cheers!

Edited by AZNative2000

Sorry Lastdance - I did not realize you had started the thread! I only noted the comment right above mine and obviously did not get your tone? sarcasm? from the post. I did not notice the thread earlier and the lack of response. I certainly do notice that many days the "whine glass" is more than half full around here. Much nicer to read the positive experiences so many of us have onboard. Again, sorry for the snark I aimed at you :)

No snark taken! I was just clarifying for others.:)

August 2014, we were sailing on the Summit, heading to Bermuda but, due to a hurricane over Bermuda, Captain Leo decided to change direction to Bahamas and Port Canaveral. On an Elite Event, I mentioned to the Captain that we were very happy with his decision.

We then booked an other Bermuda cruise on the Summit and dit it on June 2015. At the first Elite event while we were in line to shake hand with the officers, Captain Leo looked at us carefully and told us:"Welcome back on the Summit!" Wow! I was really impressed!

Edited by vivi9909

I may be in a minority here but I've had multiple wonderful experiences on Celebrity's S class ships.

1. Our first balcony/veranda stateroom in 2013 on Celebrity Silhouette

2. Waking up in Kotor, Montenegro and the view from our balcony. Sailing out of Kotor was also memorable

3. Sailing into Venice

4. Visiting gems like Santorini, Mykonos, Kusadasi, Messina, Malta, Rhodes, Kotor, Split, Tallinn, Fredericia - I don't think i'd ever see these wonderful places if it wasn't for cruises.

5. Istanbul - Docked right in the middle of the city (so sad to see whats happening in this part of the world right now)

6. Seeing staff a year later and them recognizing us and greeting us like family (happened with multiple staff members on the Celebrity Silhouette - made us feel like we're home)

All our Celebrity cruises have been magical and memorable. We have never had an up-grade or dinner with any officers but 2 items immediately spring to mind:

The first is that we met a lovely couple when we were going to Hawaii, we were inside cabin and they had a balcony. They invited us to watch the volcano from their balcony with them and have a drink and to bring our friends with us. When we arrived at their cabin - WOW!! they had the Penthouse!! We had buffet, champagne and strawberries and watched the midnight volcano sail by listening to the piano and sipping bubbles - great memories.

The second is that we had just completed a 2 week Caribbean cruise on Equinox when the Icelandic volcano erupted, we couldn't get a flight home so we stayed on board, sailed transatlantic and then Med cruise before landing in Rome - flying to Germany then on to England - what an adventure!

We are definately 'our glass is half full' people....Every cruise seems to have something special...Our favourite moments include,

Sailing in/out of Venice, Sydney, Bora Bora.

Sitting on the balcony at night watching shooting stars (near St. Thomas).

Our first ever PH (never thought we would be able to do it).

Whale spotting near mo'orea, unplanned just saw them...

Making new friends we have kept in touch with over many years.

Our last cruise, just boarding after a full year without a cruise!!

On last cruise being recognised by the captain first night in Tuscan and being greeted (and treated) as returning old friends.

As my heading suggests, I always believe our next cruise will be even better. We make an effort when planning to add a 'something different' to our cruise, it could be trying a new room, a dining package, an unusual excursion....On upcoming cruises over the next few years we have our first cruise from Southampton, our first S class PH, a celebration of a milestone birthday and a second reunion cruise with friends made on the Solstice. So looking forward to making more memories!

Just a final comment. I know there are 'whines' on CC but I do love following views on ships I have sailed on/plan to sail on. My visits to CC really enhance my pre cruise enjoyment!

Thanks for starting this post, great idea!

I've been loyal to Royal for many years but the best experience I ever had was on Celebrity this year

Linda,

I remember your first Royal cruise on Indy as we'd just taken our second and I was still just lurking on the boards, not daring to join as there weren't that many UK posters :D. My, how time flies and how many experiences we all 'clock up'. Back then our youngest was in the first kids club group and now he's in the last. I remember him saying that he wanted to be in his brother's category as he wasn't a baby :D.

And that's what I'd say has been the 'best': watching my kids grow up cruising. The memories we have, from being pirates and taking over the ship, to now becoming young adults and understanding the comedians' jokes :eek:. As a family, we have seen so many wonderful sights, from the Sydney Opera House to The Hermitage and Pompeii, and the experiences have been outstanding - watching grizzlies feeding on salmon to feeding stingrays in the crystal clear ocean. They have used so many of these experiences to give real meaning to their school work.

Yes, things do change but I'd still say it's been worth every penny and I'd do it all again. Now on to the next...:)

Edited by villauk

Being able to book a corner aft family veranda for the 2 of us [emoji847]

Also, we've had great experience with bartenders. Dewa on the summit was awesome last year, and the sommelier at Normandy even went and looked (and found!) a wine she though I would like. On our latest cruise, the service at ocean liners with the table side prepared lobster was FANTASTIC.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app