Breaking News - C&A Changes/Enhancements

Sorry, it's Cruising Grandma, and she said:

We have been told this week on Liberty that all ships in Royal Caribbean fleet will change over to a Diamond lounge for Diamond and Diamond Plus and a Suite Lounge for Suites and Pinnacles. With over 400 D, D+ onboard, it's quite challenging to get a seat or drink in the DL.

I waited too long to edit my original post.

I'm cruisinggrandma57, Don't confuse me with Cruising Grandma. I'm new to cruising going on my 3rd RCC in Oct. on Allure.

I'm cruisinggrandma57, Don't confuse me with Cruising Grandma. I'm new to cruising going on my 3rd RCC in Oct. on Allure.

Kay is a gem. Far worse folks to be confused with.

Lots of cruising grandmas on RCI!

Welcome aboard, cruisinggrandma57!

Thanks, John! That was a very nice compliment!

BIG NEWS ON CHANGES: We are onboard Brilliance now, and tonight, we are having a return of things from the past! A MIDNIGHT BUFFET!!! (With photos from 11:30-12:00, then consummation. :D

BIG NEWS ON CHANGES: We are onboard Brilliance now, and tonight, we are having a return of things from the past! A MIDNIGHT BUFFET!!! (With photos from 11:30-12:00, then consummation. :D

Wow, I hope you grabbed some pictures. I'm haven't seen one in almost a decade. :)

Edited by A&L_Ont

Awesome! :D

We had one on Radiance in 2014 in the Windjammer (not as grand; no time for pictures), but it was still pretty awesome with all of the ice sculptures and beautiful presentations.

Any poolside ice carvings?

Nice to hear. You mentioned in an earlier post that they were doing special things. Was that for everyone or PC? Can you share what has been done?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I think it is really a very deep purple, not black.

Hmmm...isn't that a band from the the 60's? Or is my age showing. ;)

"Smoke on the water, a fire in the sky". Today's tune that gets stuck in your head! :p

No Bravo, Bravo, Bravo please!! :eek:

Edited by island lady

Gala Buffet was tonight.....entered dining room from deck 5, went down staircase to deck four for photos and viewing. There were around seven or eight ice sculptures and many beautiful displays of food. It was called the Culinary Display open from 11:30-12:00 for photos and Consummation from 12:00-12:45. Brilliance of the Seas officers are doing a superb job in surprises! We had a flag ceremony poolside leaving the Caribbean, and will have another one arriving in Europe. Everyone was given different country flags before the ceremony. Complimentary frozen drinks were served. The Colony Club is open nightly for overflow concierge lounges, with a different country theme and food and drinks from that country. Rita's Cantina had specials today for Cinco de Mayo. Several ship's officers have frequented the concierge lounge, talking to cruisers. They have also been visible around the ship. Chops is open mornings for Pinnacle Club and Suites, and Giavonni's is open for breakfast for Diamond plus. (Cooked to order menu along with a fruit/granola/cereal and juice table.) There have been activities in the centrum day and night.

I posted this on another thread tonight. I had posted to this thread earlier, but it vanished, or never showed up here.:confused:

I hope you aren't toying with us. That's a great change FOR THE BETTER, IMO.

I hope you aren't toying with us. That's a great change FOR THE BETTER, IMO.

Cruise friends and cruise critic friends of mine know I am quite truthful.....and would not "Toy" with them.

John, my DH, took videos and I took photos tonight, unless we were dreaming.;)

These lost hours daily at noon are taking a toll on my sleeping. It's now 1:15 AM, and I'm going to bed...goodnight all.

Cruise friends and cruise critic friends of mine know I am quite truthful.....and would not "Toy" with them.

John, my DH, took videos and I took photos tonight, unless we were dreaming.;)

These lost hours daily at noon are taking a toll on my sleeping. It's now 1:15 AM, and I'm going to bed...goodnight all.

GIOVANNI'S open for sit down b'fast for D+.... very nice! Curious if it is just for this itinerary or if they are doing something fleet-wide for D+ members (b'fast in a restaurant venue?) Can you ask the C&A loyalty ambassador.

Thanks.

PS - the frozen drinks - I assume they were non alcoholic...

Been off for a couple of days with a bad fever. What did I miss? :)

Actually on my screen the Star class card looks more black. Which would play into the whole Black American Express card thing which is a big status thing to some of a certain income.

GIOVANNI'S open for sit down b'fast for D+.... very nice! Curious if it is just for this itinerary or if they are doing something fleet-wide for D+ members (b'fast in a restaurant venue?) Can you ask the C&A loyalty ambassador.

Thanks.

I was on Brilliance in January, and Diamond +, Pinnacle, and Suites all dined in Giovanni's for breakfast. I assume both restaurants are being used this cruise because there are so many of us. In January on Freedom, Suites and Pinnacles dined in Chops, but anyone could use Giovanni's for extra seating from Windjammer(no ordering food, and there was only drinks table). I don't recall a "special breakfast" in January on Vision or on Liberty in April. Inconsistency on all ships.

The loyalty ambassador has been busy, and when I spoke with her early in the cruise, she didn't impress me.:( We are due a crystal block (560 C&A points)on this cruise, but it hasn't appeared on our bed, yet.

Pina colodas were filled with rum at the flag ceremony.:)

Thanks.

We're currently on the Jewel TA. Breakfast for Suite and Pinnacle in CHOPS. No special breakfast for D+. No special activities like on Brilliance.

Internet is very good. Welcome Back party on day 5. Top cruiser honored at each party.

Great cruise so far with smooth seas. Our time changes have been at night. Losing 6 hours is hard no matter what time they do it.

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

We're currently on the Jewel TA. Breakfast for Suite and Pinnacle in CHOPS. No special breakfast for D+. No special activities like on Brilliance.

Internet is very good. Welcome Back party on day 5. Top cruiser honored at each party.

Great cruise so far with smooth seas. Our time changes have been at night. Losing 6 hours is hard no matter what time they do it.

We had no welcome back party, only the upper tier party. The top three cruisers and the five new pinnacles were presented in that party. New pinnacles received cake along with their other gifts and photos with officers.

Our time changes have all been at noon.....changing to 1:00 PM. Smooth seas.....will be in Gibraltor tomorrow, followed by Malaga, sea day and Barcelona. Many(over 140) guests on Brilliance are transferring over to Ovation in Barcelona. RCI is arranging transfer of them and their luggage from one ship to the other. They have a meeting this morning to inform them what will take place. Unfortunately, we will not be joining them, and will fly home same day.:(

I was on Brilliance in January, and Diamond +, Pinnacle, and Suites all dined in Giovanni's for breakfast. I assume both restaurants are being used this cruise because there are so many of us. In January on Freedom, Suites and Pinnacles dined in Chops, but anyone could use Giovanni's for extra seating from Windjammer(no ordering food, and there was only drinks table). I don't recall a "special breakfast" in January on Vision or on Liberty in April. Inconsistency on all ships.

The loyalty ambassador has been busy, and when I spoke with her early in the cruise, she didn't impress me.:( We are due a crystal block (560 C&A points)on this cruise, but it hasn't appeared on our bed, yet.

Pina colodas were filled with rum at the flag ceremony.:)

Wonder how she (the LA) will be for our Pinnacle celebration in 3 months, think I will seek her out on Day 1, just to remind her !!