a new suite "perk" - no more mailed luggage tags

Short version: the title says it all.

Long version: I checked in today for an upcoming cruise in a GS and was only given the option to print luggage tags, not order them as you can typically do for suites. So I called C&A, thinking maybe I was too close to the cruise but maybe they could get me some tags (I usually do online check-in way in advance, but this time I'm only 12 days out).

The C&A rep read to me from a notice that they received today saying that as of April 29, they would no longer be sending tags for suites, and we would have to print them out. We had a good laugh about how the policy started 5 days ago but C&A was just informed today, but it seems like that's that.

For anyone who's pinnacle, she also said no tags for pinnacles anymore; I just turned diamond so didn't even know that was a perk.

I know it's just a small thing, but I am not crafty and I absolutely hate putting the tags together - I try to laminate them with packing tape and it never goes well. :p DH jokes I want to upgrade to suites just to get out of assembling the darn tags. We ordered tag holders for when we cruise in non-suite rooms, so I guess I will try those. Still, I am kind of annoyed.

Anyway, a heads up so you don't spend 20 minutes like me, searching all over my online cruise documents for the "order luggage tags" button.

Not a big deal at all..the porters have PLENTY of REAL luggage tags! Not a problem or an inconvenience at all.

It is a big problem if 6000 people decide that the porters all have lots of luggage tags and no one prints them off. Imagine the chaos.

Looks like like me and a lot of other people will be ordered the tag holders from Amazon! Maybe we should buy stock in the tag holder company! :D

If Royal was really smart, they would sell the luggage tag holders on the same web page that we download the printable luggage tags.

<sarcasm>

What?!? This is an outrage!

I demand that Royal start having the Captain of each ship personally hand deliver custom luggage tags to the homes of every passenger! Then a Concierge should be by later to attach the tags to the luggage. The nerve of some companies - expecting us to print something out!!

What's next? I have to print out my Set Sail Pass???

</sarcasm>

Serious: I guess this is just another one of life's little disappointments.

Holy crap - the cutbacks must be very serious - they even hit the P's :eek:

(Where is the sarcasm button?)

:rolleyes: works most of the time. (I had to delete some of your smilies to fit all of mine in).

I'm a little sad, but not surprised that RCI finally gave those up (I just did an OLCI and there was no option, but I only tried a different browser and then gave up). When Princess and Carnival dropped them, they did it for everybody.

But maybe they'll use the savings to improve the wine choices in the CL/SL.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

<sarcasm>

What?!? This is an outrage!

I demand that Royal start having the Captain of each ship personally hand deliver custom luggage tags to the homes of every passenger! Then a Concierge should be by later to attach the tags to the luggage. The nerve of some companies - expecting us to print something out!!

What's next? I have to print out my Set Sail Pass???

</sarcasm>

Serious: I guess this is just another one of life's little disappointments.

I like you :):D:cool:

I'm sorry but what am I missing? Print your tags out and put them onto your luggage. Am I mistaken? Do we really need "special tags" and "special holders" for them? Believe me, I am a spoiled man but j :confused::confused:ezzzzzzzzz.

If Royal was really smart, they would sell the luggage tag holders on the same web page that we download the printable luggage tags.

If Royal was smart the would have an option to BUY the da*n tags and let us keep getting them. I hated it when they stopped sending the tags to everyone and I REALLY hate it now that the suites can't even get them anymore. Very disappointing.

If Royal was smart the would have an option to BUY the da*n tags and let us keep getting them. I hated it when they stopped sending the tags to everyone and I REALLY hate it now that the suites can't even get them anymore. Very disappointing.

You can actually buy the tags. You have to pay $35 for the paper documents which will include the luggage tags.

Why buy them from Amazon, when the Cruise Critic store has them?

Because the ones from Amazon are not only cheaper, but the ones with plastic attachers often get torn off by handlers. These are mine. A steel cable closer and a steel reinforced hole. More durable.

0d598e0bd42d11231315b5643165ed12.jpg

I just got mine yesterday in the mail. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones? I actually would rather use the paper ones than the sticky ones myself. I had already bought the holders!