beverage packages

cruisebeach45

we are sailing on celebrity summit to Bermuda on may 22nd and currently have the classic beverage package. I understand that with that package if we order a glass of wine, for example, higher than the $9 limit that you pay in full as opposed to the premium package where you would just pay the difference. I am wondering if this is correct and also if there are other liqueurs offered than those listed for both packages. after dinner I like a Sambuca or liqueur 43. does anyone know if they are offered and am I correct about the extra charges between packages. I don't want to have to consult a list or pay too much for a drink I may order but won't upgrade to premium if I don't have to. thanks in advance!

we are sailing on celebrity summit to Bermuda on may 22nd and currently have the classic beverage package. I understand that with that package if we order a glass of wine, for example, higher than the $9 limit that you pay in full as opposed to the premium package where you would just pay the difference. I am wondering if this is correct and also if there are other liqueurs offered than those listed for both packages. after dinner I like a Sambuca or liqueur 43. does anyone know if they are offered and am I correct about the extra charges between packages. I don't want to have to consult a list or pay too much for a drink I may order but won't upgrade to premium if I don't have to. thanks in advance!

Yes, that is correct. With the classic you have to pay full price for anything that costs more than they allow, and with the premium, you just pay the difference plus whatever gratuity. Here's a listing of liquors offered by each package. Hope that helps.

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/media/celebrity/shared_assets/pdf/Classic-Premium-Bev-Pckgs.pdf

BTW, used to live in TR on Indian Hill Road. Moved South after Sandy although we were fortunate not to have any Sandy damage.

I can only respond to the first part of your question. If you order a drink that is more expensive than the classic package limit, then you will pay the full cost and not the difference. With the premium package, you only pay the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

To answer your other question, they have many many more varieties of liquor than what is listed on the pdf file I posted. I'm pretty sure they have Sambuca, but not sure about liqueur 43. If you find something you would like to order, just ask them if it is covered by the classic package.

Was most definitley on Silhouette last month , although was part of premium package. Upgrade certainly worth it for us .. had our monies woth in Bacio coffee, let alone alcohol.... nicer brandies and 43 !

H

You can upgrade to the premium drink package after you board, and can do so until I think the last 3 days of your cruise. So if you decide on day 3 you want to upgrade, you will only be charged for the remaining days of your cruise. Hope this helps.

I definitely didn't want to start a new thread asking yet another beverage package question, but I also can't find exactly what I'm looking for using the search function.

I have the classic beverage package booked (free with booking - the only reason I have it, as I do not drink enough ever to justify the price)

I understand they list the types of spirits that are included in the level of your package, as opposed to cocktails.

I have been searching menus and can't find some of the drinks I am interested in (Vodka cranberry, mudslide, etc).... but I assume these can be made (so long as the ingredients are on board and the alcohol is covered in my package) is this a correct assumption? related, please tell me they have cranberry juice for the vodka cranberry

and again any virgin version of drinks is covered (margarita, daiquiris etc) ?

any other 'drinks to explore' from those who know?

Thanks for any help

Yes your assumption is correct. Most basic drinks are covered in classic but you are limited to certain mid-level liquor brands. You can't get anything at world class bar or the martini bar. Those are premium level drinks only. Go with classic your first day and see if it works. Then upgrade if it doesn't. Also the beer selection is very limited with classic. I know we're upgrading. The Martini bar alone is worth it to us. Yes they have cran[emoji48]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hello all

Apologies if this has been addressed earlier but I haven't found it on search. In purchasing a beverage package is there a discount for elite?

I know with RCI there is sometimes a discount for Diamond or Diamond Plus but only if you purchase the drinks package on board.

Any information?

Thanks!

I have been searching menus and can't find some of the drinks I am interested in (Vodka cranberry, mudslide, etc).... but I assume these can be made (so long as the ingredients are on board and the alcohol is covered in my package) is this a correct assumption? related, please tell me they have cranberry juice for the vodka cranberry

These days cranberry juice is a given, as it's an ingredient in a Cosmopolitan. ;)

So yes, there will be some on board. :)

I have been following these threads because, for the first time, we have a free beverage package included for our next cruise.

I have to confess that I must be real cheapskate when it comes to spending on cruises, because checking our last few years cruises we have not spent anywhere near the cost of a beverage package for one, in total; and that includes speciality dining and a few gifts bought for grandchildren in the on board shops. And I always have a drink with dinner and quite often one or two in the bars after dinner, my wife drinks very little, an occasional glass of bubbly and maybe half a glass of wine with dinner, as a result we would never get value from buying a package, especially if both cabin passengers had to have one.

So at $55 pp per day, our 14 day cruise would cost us $1540, which would probably more than cover our last 2 on board cruise bills.:o

Oh, I agree I would never buy one! But if the cruise line is giving me one... I have a cruise on MSC booked and I can get a balcony cabin with or without a beverage package and we could drink what we want and still have money in the bank picking the cabin without the package. But it's different on Celebrity.

Picking from the promo options, the beverage package makes the most sense for us from a financial standpoint. If you didn't drink then the gratuities or another perk. You have to do the math for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by helen haywood

Does,anyone,know,if,you,can,use,your,premium,beverage.card,for,drinks,in,cellarmasters?

Just left the Eclipse this morning and we were regulars after dinner in Cellar Masters.

We had the classic beverage package as a booking perk which we upgraded to the premium. The premium covers spirits, cocktails, frozen drinks and wines by the glass up to $15.50 per serving. The Cellar Masters sommelier had a lovely Malbec which was covered by the premium, and my husband, who loves port, just paid the $1.50 difference for a port he liked.

We had the classic beverage package as a booking perk which we upgraded to the premium. The premium covers spirits, cocktails, frozen drinks and wines by the glass up to $15.50 per serving. The Cellar Masters sommelier had a lovely Malbec which was covered by the premium, and my husband, who loves port, just paid the $1.50 difference for a port he liked.

I believe the premium package is up to $13.00. Correct?

chris

So at $55 pp per day, our 14 day cruise would cost us $1540, which would probably more than cover our last 2 on board cruise bills.:o

Once you add 18% gratuities it would be $1817.

https://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/book/wine-and-beverage-packages/premium-and-classic-packages

I must admit we have had the classic drinks package as a perk a couple of times but have always upgraded or bought the premium package so that we can have what we want when we want. I would be frightened to check our bill if we didn't have a package though.

Our daughter & son-in-law have a classic beverage package included as a booking perk. I want to upgrade them to a premium package. I know I can do that once we board, but I was interested in doing it on-line in advance.

When I went to their account on-line, there was no record of the included package & I did not see a way to upgrade them to a premium package on-line.

Any advice?