Unlimited internet

cavydad

I am traveling on the Celebrity Solstice in October.

Unlimited internet is available aboard the Solstice. On Royal unlimited internet is for two devices. How many devices does Celebrity permit? I have searched their site and not a great amount of information is given beside the duration and price.

Unlimited internet is available aboard the Solstice. On Royal unlimited internet is for two devices. How many devices does Celebrity permit? I have searched their site and not a great amount of information is given beside the duration and price.

I had the unlimited internet on Celebrity for two cruises. It was just for one device. When I was logged onto one device and tried to log onto another device, I was prompted that another device was on line, and did I want to log off that device and log on to my current device. I just switched between my laptop and my iPhone.

Got off the Summit on Sunday. Had my computer on my account and had my phone on my wife's account. Worked very well though the internet dropped if it was idol for very long. Had unlimited internet.

You can have unlimited devices but only one connected at the same time.

If you received unlimited internet as a perk with your booking from Celebrity it will be two accounts.

We got it for the first time on our upcoming cruise. We've had to buy it before.

So both of us now can be logged on at the same time?

We had pretty good service last fall on Eclipse while in the Caribbean. Nice not to stress about minutes, and DH has to be able to contact his business while we're gone or we can't cruise at all. Being 'unconnected' for us is not an option. While it's a great goal on vacation, until he sells the business we need internet. The unlimited has made it so much easier and we don't have to spend time in ports searching for Wifi.

We got it for the first time on our upcoming cruise. We've had to buy it before.

So both of us now can be logged on at the same time?

If you have Unlimited Internet like what is offered under the Best or Best package it does specify 'Unlimited Internet for 2' so you should be able to log in simultaniously.

What about the new "Voom"? How does that work and is it on Solstice yet?

That's on RCL but similar to Xcelerate. There's a thread on the RC boards debating if it's actually any different than the old system. The IT discussion there is way over my head though :eek: Many people have reported being able to stream and FaceTime in the Caribbean on Xcelerate so it can't be that bad. But if you're cruising outside of the Caribbean you may have a totally different experience since the satelite coverage is different.

Only one device can be used per wifi package. If a guest wants to use multiple devices, they need to purchase multiple packages.

We do the same, we turn off the phones until we return, that's why I don't know much about it...but we're cruising with someone who MUST stay connected to her real estate business and she says her package sucked when we were on Reflection in 2014.

I will refer her to the web site.

Hate to be a party popper, but one reason I cruise is for the excuse, "Sorry I won't be able to respond to my emails".

Why should we care? You do what you want and we will do what we want! The only party you are pooping on is your own.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

We are on the Millie now. Unlimited internet is $199 for one device. A second device is 50% off but one device means one device at a time. We have alternated with my Macbook Pro, DW's ipad and our phones at times too just because we can. It is faster than the old system but still far from fast. One other note, I got a 25% discount on my package because of my Captain's Club Select status.

We are on the Millie now. Unlimited internet is $199 for one device. A second device is 50% off but one device means one device at a time. We have alternated with my Macbook Pro, DW's ipad and our phones at times too just because we can. It is faster than the old system but still far from fast. One other note, I got a 25% discount on my package because of my Captain's Club Select status.

I was recently on Summit. It is faster than the old system but not as fast as Voom on Allure of the Seas. It is obvious they contracted for a lessor system. I guess they didn't want to spend as much. It is a shame. Royal also charges less for Voom than the cost of Xcellerate. Kind of idiotic that the better system they put on Royal Caribbean costs less than what was installed on Celebrity.

We did the same, alternate. At least they have it set up that you can force log the other device off when logging in with the other device you want to log on.

Equinox on 7/2 ~11pm (so somewhere off the coast between Barcelona, Spain and Toulon, France) - 609 ms ping, 78.5 kB/s download and 20.9 kB/s upload.

I tried apple facetime audio on my iphone midweek middle of the day and it failed to connect, probably due to latency.

Fast enough to do email and basic web surfing, not fast enough to want to try to stream videos, probably marginal for VoIP.

• 2 weeks later...
Hate to be a party popper, but one reason I cruise is for the excuse, "Sorry I won't be able to respond to my emails".

I too love to put aside, however have come to realize that we are able to holiday a lot more, when willing to do some work. We own our own company, so would b in trouble if just egnored everything. Now to google on a cruise, no way...... Unless looking up info for next port. See even the occasional Google can b benificial. Oh and of course can't foget the skypes to see the kids. So although I like to limit my online time, the Internet is still needed, whether on ship or in port.

I too love to put aside, however have come to realize that we are able to holiday a lot more, when willing to do some work. We own our own company, so would b in trouble if just egnored everything. Now to google on a cruise, no way...... Unless looking up info for next port. See even the occasional Google can b benificial. Oh and of course can't foget the skypes to see the kids. So although I like to limit my online time, the Internet is still needed, whether on ship or in port.

Don't even worry about it, some people here have a specialized form of Tourette's--they can't stop themselves from butting into these threads and blurting out "I cruise to unplug!".