Poll..... Should kids be allowed in the Haven at all?

mscdivina2016

Poll..... Should kids be allowed in the Haven at all?  

413 members have voted

1. 1. Poll..... Should kids be allowed in the Haven at all?

• NO
    • Yes but only with adult supervision at all times
    • Yes but with Adults only times for the pool
    • Yes, but not in the pool
    • yes, but have an attendant on duty who is not tipped

Okay! If I were to book a haven suite I would only pay that price if it were adult only. My reasoning is because every cruise I have been on with children or tweens on NCL, the parents have let them run wild. It has nothing to do with social class. I haveseen all classes who think their children's behavior is "cute". Also those who think their tweens are "responsible". But the truth is their children are obnoxious and intrusive and the tweens are running wild. While not all of them are like this, the parents on cruise ships with obnoxious children are completely oblivious to their behavior. I can not tell you how many teens I saw on the dawn after midnight with beers in there hands and no adult supervision . There was also plenty of children in the main dining room running around and noisy and the parents just smiled like they were being precious. I love children but not on my cruise. Sorry!

NCL already has enough adults only areas. You can go to Spice H2O, the Vibe, the Main Pool (and enjoy the space while the kids are cramped in a tiny pool the size of a bathtub.) not to mention the bars and night clubs at night as well as the adults only comedy shows.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We are parents of two and we have traveled many times where there were parents who refused to watch or correct their children's bad and disrespectful behavior.

Unfortunately, there will always be a few parents who do not care an ounce about others and are way too lazy to actually parent and teach their kids to be respectful when in public. Which of course, makes everyone around them uncomfortable. Just as there always seems to be some loud, foul mouthed drunk fool onboard as well. LOL :D

Having said that, I haven't been in the Haven, and I am sure there are weeks that are great (depending on the families in there that week). Too bad they didn't allot a few weeks a year to people without children to stay in the Haven (maybe when school is in session)?

I'm a single guy and frankly I can do without kids, but usually they're perfectly fine. This is true with most adults as well. Once in a while you get kids or adults or even entire family's that you'd like to see fall overboard. The issue isn't obnoxious kids, or obnoxious kids with lousy parents, or obnoxious adults. The problem is that NCL allows their behavior to go on. These people should be required to leave the ship as soon as is possible. The cruise line has the legal right as per the contract, to throw anyone who does not abide by the rules off the ship at the next port. Leave a few of these idiots on the dock and most passengers with or without kids will cheer. Everyone needs to stop being so damned terrified of offending morons. Morons deserve to be offended, if they don't like it they can always learn to behave themselves.

We boarded Gem yesterday and are in a Haven 2bdrm with our adult daughter.

Hubby went out to see the courtyard and was pulled up by a young child in the jacuzzi who told him he shouldn't be there because it was THEIR private courtyard. He said their mother/carer was there sunbathing and didn't pull up the kids behaviour at all.

So I went out, and sure enough this kid fronts up to me and says "are YOU supposed to be here, this is a PRIVATE courtyard!". I just raised my card and said "yes it is, for EVERYONE who has the right card. Is the water good, cause I might get my swimmers on and come in!"

Haha, they went quiet after that...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Kids should be allowed, but since people pay so much, there should be a dedicated security team there to make sure the rules are enforced. And the team shouldn't be shy about enforcing these rules.

Also, they shouldn't discount the Haven. People appreciate things more when they pay more.

I haven't sailed on a ship with a Haven area yet, but typically sail at the penthouse/OS level and Haven has been on my radar, should I decide to try one of the larger ships. I also have 2 kids who sail with me (they are now 13 & 21, but have sailed since they were 2 & 10).

I agree that there is bad behavior (adult & child) no matter where you go these days. Some days it seems the world has gone mad! I will say that if I pay Haven prices, and it's like a 3-ring circus in the Haven areas, someone from NCL better be prepared to handle it or they are going to see and hear an awful lot of me during the cruise! NCL's apparent "hands off" policy in dealing with unruly guests, chair hogs, etc., is unacceptable.

Reading all of these posts about unruliness in Haven solves the mystery for me about why Haven guests buy Vibe passes. Also makes me curious about MSC's Yacht Club!

I felt sorry for the concierge, who was unable to do anything. This went on from 8-8 everyday, even port days.

Will it change? No, it won't because many parents just feel entitled. My solution, is as others have go haven , but get vibe passes.

Unable to do anything, or just unwilling? There are rules of conduct / behavior. While one would hope the guests would behave accordingly, it is up to the staff to enforce rules when they are violated and impact the experience of other guests.

I too could not vote on this since there was no basic "Yes" option.

I agree that there is bad behavior (adult & child) no matter where you go these days. Some days it seems the world has gone mad! I will say that if I pay Haven prices, and it's like a 3-ring circus in the Haven areas, someone from NCL better be prepared to handle it or they are going to see and hear an awful lot of me during the cruise! NCL's apparent "hands off" policy in dealing with unruly guests, chair hogs, etc., is unacceptable.

I agree with your statement, but I feel the same no matter the price of cabin. The guest conduct policy is in place for all cabin categories. NCL must empower staff to confront, control, and de-escalate unruly guests.

I agree that there is bad behavior (adult & child) no matter where you go these days.

Reading all of these posts about unruliness in Haven solves the mystery for me about why Haven guests buy Vibe passes.

Will never be a haven guest but totally Agree!!!

Both Vibe and H2O only have hot tubs (no pool) so the only advantage to the paid Vibe area is the limited number of passes.

I have cruised on the Breakaway in October and February. Kids were almost unseen during these months. I will be going again "Jersey Week" and am planning accordingly since I know the ship will be packed with families.

I think some of the problems we hear about are because people make plans without doing sufficient research and have expectations that can't be met in reality ;)

idea: when someone sees someone who is unruly/rude, a bell is rung. everyone stops what they are doing and votes thumbs up or down as to that person remaining in the haven. pure democracy

(yes i know its open to abuses but this wont happen anyway)

and before you go saying that the bell will be continuously rung, i dont think so. just 1 or 2 people voted off the island and no one else will misbehave

• Hidden away at the top of the ship is The Haven by Norwegian, home to our most luxurious, well-appointed and spacious accommodations. Not only will you have access to all the ship has to offer, you'll enjoy the personal service of a concierge and 24-hour butler throughout your entire stay. On top of that, complete privacy and tranquility are just steps away on a sundeck reserved exclusively for guests of The Haven. From embarkation to debarkation, boarding of tenders to shore, onboard entertainment to dining times you will have priority. In your own ship within a ship, The Haven will make for a unique experience you'll never forget.

The image that is invoked by NCL's description of the Haven is one of 'peaceful bliss' ... so I can understand OP's reluctance about the Haven ... letting kids run amuck can certainly shatter that aura of 'bliss'. Unfortunately adults can be just as guilty ...

If children are allowed, what is it a haven FROM?

let's see...

-Its a haven from: Me having a nervous breakdown trying to keep my kids safe in the main kids pool (which is way deep for non-teenagers, and too full of big kids acting like idiots and jumping in ON TOP OF small children) - especially on Jewel class ships.

-It's a haven from fighting for chairs near the pool

-It's a haven from the extremely loud, irritating, headache-inducing music of the main pool deck

-It's a haven from having to fight the crowd at the buffet while simultaenously trying to keep your kids in your line of sight at all times (the courtyard butler or Haven restaurant (depending on ship) will bring you what you like up in the Haven.

-It's a haven from the entire crowd from Splash Academy (usually Dolphins/Entourage) sprinting through the halls screaming at 2 am.

-it's a haven from having to stand in line for 2 hours at guest services/tender ticket pickup/disembarkation when you need something

-for us, it's a haven from having to share a 270 sq ft space with our 2 kids who are too young for a separate room, and go to bed early and are the lightest sleepers on the planet (I LOVE the courtyard villas - we can stay up, have lights on, watch TV, spend quality time with each other after they're asleep, etc)

From my perspective, NCL markets the Haven as a place that is for those who 'enjoy the finer things in life, but want the big ship experience.' Should you not wish to spend time around children, go to 'spice H20' or better yet go to an adults only resort.

let's see...

-Its a haven from: Me having a nervous breakdown trying to keep my kids safe in the main kids pool (which is way deep for non-teenagers, and too full of big kids acting like idiots and jumping in ON TOP OF small children) - especially on Jewel class ships.

-It's a haven from the extremely loud, irritating, headache-inducing music of the main pool deck

-It's a haven from having to fight the crowd at the buffet while simultaenously trying to keep your kids in your line of sight at all times (the courtyard butler or Haven restaurant (depending on ship) will bring you what you like up in the Haven.

-It's a haven from the entire crowd from Splash Academy (usually Dolphins/Entourage) sprinting through the halls screaming at 2 am.

-it's a haven from having to stand in line for 2 hours at guest services/tender ticket pickup/disembarkation when you need something

-for us, it's a haven from having to share a 270 sq ft space with our 2 kids who are too young for a separate room, and go to bed early and are the lightest sleepers on the planet (I LOVE the courtyard villas - we can stay up, have lights on, watch TV, spend quality time with each other after they're asleep, etc)

Thank you! This is exactly it!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

My last cruise on the Pearl, I had to stop a 10 year old child who had climbed over the railing on the upstairs sundeck and was about to jump into the courtyard pool a deck below. His parents were no where to be found. On another cruise, kids had an M&M and gummy bear fight spreading candy all over the haven. I don't mind well behaved kids in the pool, but this is ridiculous. On Seabourn, we had a letter waiting in our cabin upon embarkation stating that our son should follow the rules: no running or shouting in the hallways and no splashing in the pool. There were quite a few kids onboard - so many that Seabourn set up a kid's club. We never saw bad behavior. Why can't NCL do the same for the Haven?

Wow, those parents with kids throwing candy should be ashamed. Thank God you saved the other child from potentially getting really hurt. Scary!

let's see...

You sound like a good parent who watches their kids so I doubt anyone would have a problem sharing the Haven with your family :)