Concierge tipping?

Very much an individual decision. During the lounge cocktail hours, we prefer to tip the bartenders nightly based on the number of drinks served - usually a dollar per drink, either as they are served or as we are leaving. Other passengers will do differently. The gratuity for the Concierge will depend somewhat on how much service they provided or assistance for things we asked them to do. But we always provide their gratuity at the end of the week. You will likely hear varying amounts recommended but I would think that $5 - $10 per day is not unreasonable. It really depends IMO on how involved one is with them, and again, is very much an individual decsion.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

On the Oasis I tipped $50, but asked for little. On the Liberty, they arranged a cocktail party/reception in our suite and I tipped $100. The bartenders in the lounge we tipped $1 per drink as we were served. The bartenders changed daily. It is very much up to you depending upon how much you utilize their services.

Enjoy the Adventure, we are sailing on it in November.

How much is a good amount to tip for the concierge service? We are going on adventure of the seas Saturday and curious roughly how much you should tip the concierges.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2341346

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2247789

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=43480783&postcount=2

How much is a good amount to tip for the concierge service? We are going on adventure of the seas Saturday and curious roughly how much you should tip the concierges.

strictly based on how much you use their services plus their visibility. we have tipped every thing from $20 to $100

The concierge of the Diamond Lounge? I did not know we should tip him. He greets us, that is all. I personally am getting tired of handing out tips for things that are either expected on a cruise or earned ( as in the Diamond Lounge, I earned this perk). These are waiters that share in the auto tips, and these are bar tenders that share in the tipping pool for the bar tenders. I would hate to think that just because a staff member is nice they want a tip. I believe we tip enough with the gratuities. I do think if someone goes above and beyond and you want to show appreciation this would be fine, but doing the job that the ship hired them to do is not a reason I am tipping.

Edited by camofwilliamsburg

The concierge of the Diamond Lounge? I did not know we should tip him. He greets us, that is all. I personally am getting tired of handing out tips for things that are either expected on a cruise or earned ( as in the Diamond Lounge, I earned this perk). These are waiters that share in the auto tips, and these are bar tenders that share in the tipping pool for the bar tenders. I would hate to think that just because a staff member is nice they want a tip. I believe we tip enough with the gratuities. I do think if someone goes above and beyond and you want to show appreciation this would be fine, but doing the job that the ship hired them to do is not a reason I am tipping.

You sound cheep. Diamond member should know better. Shame on you.

A personal attack is not needed. It is also spelled cheap.

If you also read, I said if they went out of their way I would consider something : Maybe WOW report serves them well also. The more of these forms they get in their name they get cash awards from the cruise line. In the diamond lounge we are greeted each time we arrive but nothing more. I do not feel this is something I need to tip.

I am not a fan of handing out tips for doing what the job is. I know in my job, I do not get tipped at all. I work in a field that is also serving the clients. I work well so they come back and use my service. I do not work with my hand out for a tip. If they did not do the job they were hired to do, less people would sail on the cruise line and jobs would be lost. I feel taking pride in ones job and doing it well is what the work ethic is all about.

Edited by camofwilliamsburg

It depends on how much the concierge does for you. However, in any case I would not tip the concierge more than 45 degrees or (s)he might fall down.

Edited by Cuizer2

I totally agree with you. I do not need a vacation where everyone has their hand out. I pay my tips, and more for the suite I have, and will tip extra to those that provide service above and beyond.

It depends on how much the concierge does for you. However, in any case I would not tip the concierge more than 45 degrees or (s)he might fall down.

I will have to remember your guideline and follow it always.

Tips are a personal decision and anything above the recommended should be appreciated or I will stop tipping altogether. I will tip the concierge if I require their service and not if I don't. This does not make me a cheap ass!

I do not think this is a forum to be called out using names.

I am also tired of hearing how little they all make on board. It is not my responsibility to give a living wage to everyone I come in contact with. It is my job to treat everyone, no matter what job they have with respect.

It is not my job to over tip and make this a customary thing for everything done for a passenger. Again,without us there, they would have no job.

It is not my fault for working hard, saving money and going on a cruise where I am told , if i can afford a cruise I can hand out more and more tips. A tip is when something is done over and beyond expectations.

I just got off the Allure and tipped the concierge $400.

I always stay in a suite and have never tipped less then $250.

That's a hefty sum. Can I ask what the Concierge does for you on a typical voyage to warrant such a tip?

I'm not judging.. Just curious.. Staying in my first suite as I write this.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk